+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Lamouchi gone

Re: Lamouchi gone

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Lamouchi deserved a chance to build after staying up, did a decent job in a tough situation.
    That’s an opinion and you’re perfectly entitled to it. Mine is that Lamouchi did a mediocre job, got paid for it and deserved nothing more.

If he had lifted the team up the table and the football had improved, I would agree he deserved a crack at next season. However, he didn’t and, as far as I’m concerned, he doesn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    That’s an opinion and you’re perfectly entitled to it. Mine is that Lamouchi did a mediocre job, got paid for it and deserved nothing more.

If he had lifted the team up the table and the football had improved, I would agree he deserved a crack at next season. However, he didn’t and, as far as I’m concerned, he doesn’t.
    I agree. But what worries me is that probably isnt the reason hes not our manager next season.

Maybe they will suprise us with a decent appointment in the coming days.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I agree. But what worries me is that probably isnt the reason hes not our manager next season.

Their next appointment may be a disaster, but Lamouchi may also have been a disaster next season. I wouldn’t have been comfortable going into 23/24 with a manager who brought about little or no improvement in 22/23.

Anything could happen next, but I had no confidence in Lamouchi whatsoever.

Do you honestly believe there's a glimmer of hope that will happen.
    I'm not saying Lamouchi is the messiah, but before he came there seemed to be a general acceptance on here that we were down. We couldn't score in a brothel and it was hard to see where a win would come from.
    He may not be the best man for the job, but I for one will be very surprised if we appoint someone better.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Do you honestly believe there's a glimmer of hope that will happen.
    I'm not saying Lamouchi is the messiah, but before he came there seemed to be a general acceptance on here that we were down. We couldn't score in a brothel and it was hard to see where a win would come from.
    He may not be the best man for the job, but I for one will be very surprised if we appoint someone better.
    I think there is hope we can get someone better. But if as I suspect we couldnt agree terms with Lamouchi I worry about our budget and plans and who we can attract.

Throwing Sol or Purse at the job isnt going to work.

Im not bothered about Lamouchi its more the fact that I reckon we couldnt get him so what sort of budget are we working with.

I think there is hope we can get someone better. But if as I suspect we couldnt agree terms with Lamouchi I worry about our budget and plans and who we can attract.

Throwing Sol or Purse at the job isnt going to work.

Im not bothered about Lamouchi its more the fact that I reckon we couldnt get him so what sort of budget are we working with.
    I think we're not far off the same opinion. I'd have rathered stuck with Lamouchi because I've got no doubt whatsoever we will go for worse. The only difference is that you have hope. I'm not sure at this point what gives you that, but hats off to you :)

Think - no I know - we are a laughing stock the same as Watford.

Clearly Sabri told Tan what was needed and Tan said 'can't afford it'.....I cannot think of anyone who is available that I would want...certainly not Nathan Jones...nor Lampard...Gerrard etc if if Tan decided he wanted them and would pay......a great shame they missed out on Rob Edwards.

Probably only Tony Mowbray might be ok if Sunderland decided on a change as rumoured.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Think - no I know - we are a laughing stock the same as Watford.

Clearly Sabri told Tan what was needed and Tan said 'can't afford it'.....I cannot think of anyone who is available that I would want...certainly not Nathan Jones...nor Lampard...Gerrard etc if if Tan decided he wanted them and would pay......a great shame they missed out on Rob Edwards.

Probably only Tony Mowbray might be ok if Sunderland decided on a change as rumoured.
    Watford are largely successful. We aren't.

Haven't we all missed something in all of this? Lamouchi was in talks with Tan recently. This would suggest very strongly to me that Lamouchi couldn't agree with our owner over whatever issues he felt were important. At a guess it wouldn't be unfeasible to say that there is no money available for wages and that further cuts are necessary.

Still, we staved off relegation this season. Next season might be the horror of horrors.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Lamouchi: I want to be paid this amount for this long.

Tan: No.

*meeting ends*
    On the nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    On the nose.
    Like an Anderson punch

The manager has left and we may never know if he was pushed or he jumped, whatever the reason his record was not brilliant and as we all know we were the third worst team in the Championship last season.

An experienced "wheeler and dealer" is needed, the club has no money to splash on high wages and another 12 months of not being allowed to spend any money (even if we had the means to).

What the club cannot afford to happen is to have three managers in a season once again, we are becoming something of an embrassment, Tan's record of hiring and firing combined with interference is not helping matters one bit.

I awit DML's upbeat take on things... next stop the Champions League no doubt!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Haven't we all missed something in all of this? Lamouchi was in talks with Tan recently. This would suggest very strongly to me that Lamouchi couldn't agree with our owner over whatever issues he felt were important. At a guess it wouldn't be unfeasible to say that there is no money available for wages and that further cuts are necessary.

Still, we staved off relegation this season. Next season might be the horror of horrors.
    I'm still puzzled as to why any talks took place. We are told that Tan believed Lamouchis time was up anyway and discussions didn't even get around to a budget. Wouldn't an email have done the job?

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet of Doom View Post
    The manager has left and we may never know if he was pushed or he jumped, whatever the reason his record was not brilliant and as we all know we were the third worst team in the Championship last season.

An experienced "wheeler and dealer" is needed, the club has no money to splash on high wages and another 12 months of not being allowed to spend any money (even if we had the means to).

What the club cannot afford to happen is to have three managers in a season once again, we are becoming something of an embrassment, Tan's record of hiring and firing combined with interference is not helping matters one bit.

I awit DML's upbeat take on things... next stop the Champions League no doubt!!
    He didn't ‘jump’ and wasn't ‘pushed’. His short term contract expired and the club chose not to offer him a new one. He did the job he was employed for. Plus the not allowed to pay fees embargo expires in two transfer windows time i.e end of January 2024.

There are an awful lot of people in this thread who seem to know exactly what was discussed between Tan and Lamouchi, whereas what they actually know is eff all and they are making it all up. Tan may have only spoken to Lamouchi for a short period but at least he had the courtesy to do so and not send him an e-mail, as someone suggested on here he should have done

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    of course hes gone... what did anyone expect

8-10 players to go out... 8-10 L1-L2 players on free something or others to come in

no money to spend... cant fault lamo if he never even sat down to any talks... we are just another awful club with hoards of managers who come and go
    How can anyone who is a fan of Cardiff City say something like this ?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    How can anyone who is a fan of Cardiff City say something like this ?
    They have seen Vincent Tan run Cardiff City for the last 11 years?

They already have been. Sales going well. Not everyone is as negative as some on here.

Lamouchi appointed - people moan. Lamouchi got rid of - people moan. Bamba comes in as coach - people moan. Bamba possibly leaves - people moan. Bamba mentioned as a possible replacement for Lamouchi - people moan. Good god is all I can say.

How about saying 'Lamouchi appointed - people didn't moan'?

Probably because you just post utter gibberish.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I’m not sure if going well is the correct term? We’ve sold nearly 6k I believe. Not bad, sure. But not good.

If Bamba does take charge I can’t see it ending any different to Hudson. Hardly inspiring for anyone potentially on the fence about getting a season ticket.

If the club make the right appointment then it actually could be a boost to ST sales. But that remains to be seen.
    Quite.

'Going well'

I wonder where that information actually comes from and what constitutes 'going well'?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    CardiffCity can confirm that Sabri Lamouchi will depart at the conclusion of his current deal.

We would like to thank Sabri for his contribution and wish him all the very best.

The Board of Directors have already begun the process of appointing a new management team.
    Cedric Kipre liked that official club statement on instagram

There are an awful lot of people in this thread who seem to know exactly what was discussed between Tan and Lamouchi, whereas what they actually know is eff all and they are making it all up. Tan may have only spoken to Lamouchi for a short period but at least he had the courtesy to do so and not send him an e-mail, as someone suggested on here he should have done
    Isn't it about time you grew up David?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Cedric Kipre liked that official club statement on instagram
    Our new player manager perhaps? Tan hasn’t tried one of those yet has he.

They already have been. Sales going well. Not everyone is as negative as some on here.
    Had it occurred to you that plenty of those you regard as negative are among the people who have already renewed their season tickets?

His selections were baffling. He would announce he was ‘happy’ at utter ambition-less drivel and we were due more of the same next year. I’m not disappointed.