+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Lamouchi gone

Re: Lamouchi gone

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    He didn't ‘jump’ and wasn't ‘pushed’. His short term contract expired and the club chose not to offer him a new one.
    Contrary to what you seem to believe, Vincent Tan is not 'the club'. He just owns it. For now.

As I recall, the Chairman seemed enthusiastic about the prospect of Lamouchi staying. When asked recently if the manager would be staying, he said: "I think so. I have no reason to believe he has different thoughts than us."

The problem for Dalman is that, once again, it seems 'us' didn't include Tan. The Chairman and the owner rarely seem to be on the same page these days, which should be a concern to any City fan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Had it occurred to you that plenty of those you regard as negative are among the people who have already renewed their season tickets?
    Can we wait and see who the replacement is before we judge it as positive or negative?

Of course, I don’t hold out much hope as a normal club would have already had the replacement signed up by now however we still could be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    His selections were baffling. He would announce he was ‘happy’ at utter ambition-less drivel and we were due more of the same next year. I’m not disappointed.
    Nor me. Not in the slightest.

That's not to say Tan's next appointment will be any good of course, but Lamouchi was totally unconvincing. And when you consider that things went sour for him pretty quickly at Rennes and Forest after he'd had decent starts at both clubs, where would City have ended up if he'd stayed here for next season?

We'll never know, but the signs weren't good.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Can we wait and see who the replacement is before we judge it as positive or negative?
    You can do what you like, but dml1954 will probably brand you as negative anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    I'm still puzzled as to why any talks took place.
    Initially, it was billed by the local press as being Tan flying into London for crunch talks with Lamouchi. However, it turns out he was there as part of the Malaysian delegation for the coronation. Lamouchi lives in London anyway, so neither went out of their way. For all we know, the meeting could have lasted five minutes.

Roll back a year and a half and perhaps Lamouchi might have been a good fit to replace McCarthy. The playing style might then evolved rather than revolved.

First recruiting almost a new team to replace a direct approach Warnock/Harris/McCarthy style then reverting that team that was not exactly uprooting trees under Morison/Hudson back to more direct football was always going to be a big ask.

He did the minimum of what was asked of him but perhaps creating a squad that could play his way was a step too far financially. Look at Allsop, an average shot stopper signed because he could spray the ball around who spent the last third of the season whacking it 70 yards.

The problems seem to be if there is no money how can you get the current squad to perform but more importantly how do we get back to a consistent playing style that at least keeps us in the division or competes without breaking the bank. And would you trust the current hierarchy to have a scoobie on how to do it?

You have to wear a sock

If they bring back an 80 year old Warncock then i'm gone . Enough is enough

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    If they bring back an 80 year old Warncock then i'm gone . Enough is enough
    No need to jump ahead to 2029.

It may well be Warnock again for his fifth stint as Cardiff manager.

But let's get through 2023 first!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    You have to wear a sock
    Is this one of those quizzes where this is the answer and you have to guess the question?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    No need to jump ahead to 2029.

It may well be Warnock again for his fifth stint as Cardiff manager.

But let's get through 2023 first!
    They let a fat orange 74 year old lead the US . didn't go well and people are moaning about a 78 y o biden. sometimes its best to just go

For what it's worth I believe sabri accepted the contract until end of season as he hoped he would keep us up, do well and then be able to ask for pretty much what he wanted with the club on the rise with momentum and then get a long term deal with a decent pay off (knowing he'll be sacked in october).

We can debate if that did happen but my guess is tan thought what sabri asked for wasn't in line with what tan thought he had achieved.

Which is understandable as we actually ended the season looking worse than we ever did under morison or even hudson. Team selections were increasingly bizarre and results were hardly any better than under the other 2. Maybe what sabri asked for was more than what a hudson would be offered and tan didn't think it was worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    For what it's worth I believe sabri accepted the contract until end of season as he hoped he would keep us up, do well and then be able to ask for pretty much what he wanted with the club on the rise with momentum and then get a long term deal with a decent pay off (knowing he'll be sacked in october).

We can debate if that did happen but my guess is tan thought what sabri asked for wasn't in line with what tan thought he had achieved.

Which is understandable as we actually ended the season looking worse than we ever did under morison or even hudson. Team selections were increasingly bizarre and results were hardly any better than under the other 2. Maybe what sabri asked for was more than what a hudson would be offered and tan didn't think it was worth it?
    Worse under lamouchi than Hudson?

Don't be daft

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

Don't be daft
    Last 2 games yes.

Last 4 home games yes.

Last 2 games yes.

Last 4 home games yes.
    I get the frustration everyone. However let's be honest how many of you sat through those 4 home games to end the season and thought I really hope sabri is here next season as we are heading in the right direction here?!

How many saw the team selections for the last few games and thought yes sabri gets it!!

How many of you saw his comments about players he wants to keep and offer new contracts to (Joel bagan and Mark Harris anyone?) and thought yes this is a man with a plan?!

Fact is we only stayed up due to reading points deduction. I wouldn't have been bothered had he stayed as he'd have been sacked in october anyway if continued as he was going but I'm not bothered he's gone.

Let's see where he ends up hey? Where was he before us? The Qatari league wasn't it?

I get the frustration everyone. However let's be honest how many of you sat through those 4 home games to end the season and thought I really hope sabri is here next season as we are heading in the right direction here?!

How many saw the team selections for the last few games and thought yes sabri gets it!!

How many of you saw his comments about players he wants to keep and offer new contracts to (Joel bagan and Mark Harris anyone?) and thought yes this is a man with a plan?!

Fact is we only stayed up due to reading points deduction. I wouldn't have been bothered had he stayed as he'd have been sacked in october anyway if continued as he was going but I'm not bothered he's gone.

Let's see where he ends up hey? Where was he before us? The Qatari league wasn't it?
    Our expectations are idiotic

He was fit enough for the job

Unless he was provided with resources we wouldn't have been much above bottom 4

So I don't see the point of all this conjecture

He's gone

Let's hope we get the perfect boss

Yeah, that’s much how I feel about it.

Saying we only stayed up because of Reading is as mad as Vinny saying Sala's goals would have kept us up. How can we possibly know this, once secure you could tell they switched off.

Is giving a contract to a young left back (our weakest position) when we have a transfer embargo really so mad?

Our expectations are idiotic

He was fit enough for the job

Unless he was provided with resources we wouldn't have been much above bottom 4

So I don't see the point of all this conjecture

He's gone

Let's hope we get the perfect boss
    Surely it's more nuanced than that though?

We didn't announce his departure immediately. Discussions were clearly held.

Maybe the club would have kept him on similar terms to what he was on, or what an average Championship manager is on, we don't know what he asked for etc.....

I wasn't calling him for to go but I can't mourn his departure either.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Saying we only stayed up because of Reading is as mad as Vinny saying Sala's goals would have kept us up. How can we possibly know this, once secure you could tell they switched off.

Is giving a contract to a young left back (our weakest position) when we have a transfer embargo really so mad?
    No but playing ojo and anyone else there in front of him was.

No objection to bagan staying and we all like him but his treatment of him was bizarre. Likewise Mark Harris who he apparently wants to keep.

Re reading points deduction I know nobody can answer it but the question for me is which club that finished above us- would we have finished above- without reading points deduction? I don't think there is one. The table certainly suggests there isn't one.

I didn’t see much in our four prior home games that was an improvement on the Huddersfield match.

We finished five points above a team that got docked six points, those are the facts - the rest is just if’s, but’s and maybe’s.

Tan is not stupid he knows Sabri dodged a bullet by keeping us up. Anyone who had the misfortune of watching us this season will have sympathy with all of the managers, they were dealt a bad hand. It's going to take a miracle worker to get our squad competing in this division.

Really? So you reckon Lamouchi’s City side would have done better and got results against a fired-up Huddersfield side and champions Burnley if those games had been played a little earlier in the season?

I don’t.

Don't be daft
    We played 18 league games under Lamouchi, 17 under Hudson.

Points per game

Lamouchi - 1.11
    Hudson - 1.06

Win percentage

Lamouchi - 33%
    Hudson - 24%

Defeat percentage

Lamouchi - 56%
    Hudson - 41%

Goals scored average

Lamouchi - 1.11
    Hudson - 0.82

Failed to score

Lamouchi - 33%
    Hudson - 41%

Goals conceded average

Lamouchi - 1.5
    Hudson - 1.11

Clean sheets

Lamouchi - 17%
    Hudson - 29%

I doubt many would say we were worse under Lamouchi overall than we were under Hudson. Statistically we were marginally better in terms of points and we scored a few more goals. All this came at a cost of us being far worse defensively, where we even managed to lose more games under Lamouchi than we did with Hudson.

Nobody can say that Lamouchi was a great improvement on Hudson, either. Similar records, same team (roughly). If someone thought Hudson was a disaster then Lamouchi was slightly less of a disaster. If someone thought Lamouchi did a good job, then Hudson did almost as good a job.

Maybe it is a case that the owner gave the manager the job to the end of the season, then would take stock of the situation and act accordingly, and for once he actually did.

A couple of years ago, he gave Mad Mick the same brief, but instead of waiting till the season ended, he gave him the job full time… and look how that ended. I could be wrong, but I seem think it was the same scenario with Steve Morrison, with the same result.

Maybe, just maybe, the owner has finally learnt from previous mistakes and if this is the case, then full credit to the owner and his ego.

The next lesson to learn from, is to not employ someone with no managerial experience, and hopefully also not employ a dinosaur as a fire break.

It might be wishful thinking, but maybe, just maybe, a bit of thought is actually going into this appointment. Either that, or its another lurch into the bizarre and stab in the dark world of our owner… we will see soon enough.