+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Lamouchi gone

Re: Lamouchi gone

Sadly, I think what you say may be wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We played 18 league games under Lamouchi, 17 under Hudson.

Points per game

Lamouchi - 1.11
    Hudson - 1.06

Win percentage

Lamouchi - 33%
    Hudson - 24%

Defeat percentage

Lamouchi - 56%
    Hudson - 41%

Goals scored average

Lamouchi - 1.11
    Hudson - 0.82

Failed to score

Lamouchi - 33%
    Hudson - 41%

Goals conceded average

Lamouchi - 1.5
    Hudson - 1.11

Clean sheets

Lamouchi - 17%
    Hudson - 29%

I doubt many would say we were worse under Lamouchi overall than we were under Hudson. Statistically we were marginally better in terms of points and we scored a few more goals. All this came at a cost of us being far worse defensively, where we even managed to lose more games under Lamouchi than we did with Hudson.

Nobody can say that Lamouchi was a great improvement on Hudson, either. Similar records, same team (roughly). If someone thought Hudson was a disaster then Lamouchi was slightly less of a disaster. If someone thought Lamouchi did a good job, then Hudson did almost as good a job.
    I wasn't going on stats. I was going on we looked as bad in our final 2 games and indeed our final 4 home games under sabri as we did under hudson. We were shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I swear Sky just showed twenty odd consecutive adverts just now - there were a few that appeared twice
    I think that it might be age as sometimes I can’t quite believe how many ads get shown and keep thinking ‘this must be the last one’ only for 5 more to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I think that it might be age as sometimes I can’t quite believe how many ads get shown and keep thinking ‘this must be the last one’ only for 5 more to follow.
    I just deleted the message because I stuck it on the wrong thread, but I must admit I was thinking something similar until they had a two minute discussion about the first half when the adverts finally ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I wasn't going on stats. I was going on we looked as bad in our final 2 games and indeed our final 4 home games under sabri as we did under hudson. We were shocking.
    We were.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I just deleted the message because I stuck it on the wrong thread, but I must admit I was thinking something similar until they had a two minute discussion about the first half when the adverts finally ended.
    Lol

Another sign of age! ;-)

Can’t say I’m bothered either way. It’s been difficult to muster up any enthusiasm for City for years now and that won’t change until Tan dies and his family sell the club.

Half a season of Lee Tomlin magic is about as good as it’s got in the last 5 years.

No but playing ojo and anyone else there in front of him was.

No objection to bagan staying and we all like him but his treatment of him was bizarre. Likewise Mark Harris who he apparently wants to keep.

Re reading points deduction I know nobody can answer it but the question for me is which club that finished above us- would we have finished above- without reading points deduction? I don't think there is one. The table certainly suggests there isn't one.
    I was just responded to those 2 points only, not defending him or the other observations.

Again, i'd need to travel to the parallel universe to answer the question, maybe some quantum entanglement would have seen us go unbeaten

Surely it's more nuanced than that though?

We didn't announce his departure immediately. Discussions were clearly held.

Maybe the club would have kept him on similar terms to what he was on, or what an average Championship manager is on, we don't know what he asked for etc.....

I wasn't calling him for to go but I can't mourn his departure either.
    So forget about it then and let's see who we get

We played 18 league games under Lamouchi, 17 under Hudson.

Points per game

Lamouchi - 1.11
    Hudson - 1.06

Win percentage

Lamouchi - 33%
    Hudson - 24%

Defeat percentage

Lamouchi - 56%
    Hudson - 41%

Goals scored average

Lamouchi - 1.11
    Hudson - 0.82

Failed to score

Lamouchi - 33%
    Hudson - 41%

Goals conceded average

Lamouchi - 1.5
    Hudson - 1.11

Clean sheets

Lamouchi - 17%
    Hudson - 29%

I doubt many would say we were worse under Lamouchi overall than we were under Hudson. Statistically we were marginally better in terms of points and we scored a few more goals. All this came at a cost of us being far worse defensively, where we even managed to lose more games under Lamouchi than we did with Hudson.

Nobody can say that Lamouchi was a great improvement on Hudson, either. Similar records, same team (roughly). If someone thought Hudson was a disaster then Lamouchi was slightly less of a disaster. If someone thought Lamouchi did a good job, then Hudson did almost as good a job.
    So not worse then

Thanks

If you were going on how we looked and say we were shocking that's an opinion

The facts show otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Initially, it was billed by the local press as being Tan flying into London for crunch talks with Lamouchi. However, it turns out he was there as part of the Malaysian delegation for the coronation. Lamouchi lives in London anyway, so neither went out of their way. For all we know, the meeting could have lasted five minutes.
    All the pre noise from Dalman and Lamouchi indicated that there the club and manager wanted to do a deal. That's why I'm deeply sceptical when they said money was not discussed. I can't help thinking that's the reason the situation broke down

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

The facts show otherwise
    What facts?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    All the pre noise from Dalman and Lamouchi indicated that there the club and manager wanted to do a deal. That's why I'm deeply sceptical when they said money was not discussed. I can't help thinking that's the reason the situation broke down
    That has been my thought as well, but we're talking about Vincent Tan. Logical thought goes out of the window when trying to work out what he's doing.

What facts?
    The ones that show we have stayed in the Championship

We were not man City but if we're that bad we would have finished bottom

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Exactly.

"Money wasn't discussed". OK then......

The ones that show we have stayed in the Championship

We were not man City but if we're that bad we would have finished bottom
    The facts show that our players weren't as bad as we thought and Hudson and Lamouchi weren't great.

The facts show that our players weren't as bad as we thought and Hudson and Lamouchi weren't great.
    So not shocking then

The facts show otherwise
    Yep when I said "as we actually ended the season looking worse than we ever did under morison or even hudson" I was indeed going on how we looked.

Yep when I said "as we actually ended the season looking worse than we ever did under morison or even hudson" I was indeed going on how we looked.
    How we looked ....to you

Therefore an opinion

We were poor , we were a struggling side but shocking .......and you mean under lamouchi .....and therefore his fault ....I don't agree with .....

So not shocking then
    As I've said earlier - if you think Hudson was shit, then Lamouchi was not quite as shit. If you think Lamouchi did well, then Hudson did nearly as well. Anyone with the opinion that Hudson was shit and Lamouchi did well is talking bollocks.

As I've said earlier - if you think Hudson was shit, then Lamouchi was not quite as shit. If you think Lamouchi did well, then Hudson did nearly as well. Anyone with the opinion that Hudson was shit and Lamouchi did well is talking bollocks.
    So lamouchi wasn't shocking then

Well that's what most people I know felt so we got there in the end

I actually think that Hudson and Lamouchi underachieved with the players we have. I was rarely in doubt about our survival.

Why are you obsessed with trying to prove a point that nobody has even argued?

I said we were shocking in our last 2 performances and in our last 4 home performances. We were. That's not saying Lamouchi was shocking.

Why are you obsessed with trying to prove a point that nobody has even argued?

I said we were shocking in our last 2 performances and in our last 4 home performances. We were. That's not saying Lamouchi was shocking.
    Male menopause