+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Would Warnock as DoF and Bamba as coach work?

Would Warnock as DoF and Bamba as coach work?

Thoughts?

Re: Would Warnock as DoF and Bamba as coach work?

No.

What about Sol and Slade?

Warnock would never want a Director of Football job, he’s a manager pure and simple - are yer with me.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Warnock would never want a Director of Football job, he’s a manager pure and simple - are yer with me.
    Warnock is not a "football brain" and is obviously most effective working hands on.

Bamba is not a manager. The last time we hired someone who wasn't really qualified/experience, things went wrong.

This combination does not make sense on paper.

Warnock is never a Director Of Football.

His strengths are 'man management' - not club strategy, recruitment, youth development or establishing a club culture and style that will survive changes of management or coaching staff.

He might possibly be a mentor, and maybe a source of football experience on a board - but why would he at 74 when he has a tractor to drive and speaking tours to promote?

Not sure what qualities Russell Slade has shown to make anyone think 'Director of Football' either.

I hope Sol becomes a top manager in the future - but after working his apprenticeship, not by jumping into one of the hottest and least secure seats in the Championship with almost no experience or (at least not yet) obvious managerial qualities other than being a 'nice guy'.

With our clowns why would someone never being a DOF rule him out.

I dont think Tan would appoint him. Slade/Bamba maybe.

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Thoughts?
    No chance, Warnock ball with a Manager that doesn't have a clue and a DOF that's wastes money like water?

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Warnock is never a Director Of Football.

His strengths are 'man management' - not club strategy, recruitment, youth development or establishing a club culture and style that will survive changes of management or coaching staff.

He might possibly be a mentor, and maybe a source of football experience on a board - but why would he at 74 when he has a tractor to drive and speaking tours to promote?

Not sure what qualities Russell Slade has shown to make anyone think 'Director of Football' either.

I hope Sol becomes a top manager in the future - but after working his apprenticeship, not by jumping into one of the hottest and least secure seats in the Championship with almost no experience or (at least not yet) obvious managerial qualities other than being a 'nice guy'.
    Exactly I like him but give him a job in League 2 or below to learn the basics.

No, Warnock does not have the qualities required for a DOF and I don't get why people keep suggesting him for that kind of role

No, Bamba needs to be released and Warnock is the total opposite to what you would want as a DoF.

NO. next

I think Osian Roberts would make an ideal Director of Football.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I think Osian Roberts would make an ideal Director of Football.
    Which is why we could never get him.

I'd love him to be our manager but it won't happen.

Director of football wise he's world class level. Wales and morroco. Not bad hey?

And re warnock as director of football I'd have him as manager when in the bottom 3 with 14 games to go all day long.

But I can't think of many people worse to be a DOF to be honest. He's known for many things- long term planning and youth development not really 2 of them!