The FT is a paid link - so unless you are a signed up member - did you read it (or even check it was a paid link) or just cut paste in the thread to make it look like you had....

The bbc was interesting "There was an initial dip in the amount the UK exported to the EU. Once teething problems were dealt with, trade volumes, recovered to pre-pandemic levels, according to official figures. But it could be argued trade might have grown more if it hadn't been for Brexit."

I thought you stated 'facts' rather than opinion. But anyway - it is very hard to know where we would have been - as we've had covid for 2-3 years and then Ukraine. So saying we could have been better hmmn.... We could have stayed in the Prem if the plane didn't crash or we may have gone down, if it turned out he wasnt that great after all.

As I said a few pages back - doing work for a logistics company that has had to deal first hand with all the Brexit regs and paper work, I'm amazed we are even still in one piece as a country. But - the company I did some work for - are on top of it now - new systems and processes in place and they are doing lots of trade globally as well as EU countries.

To see how things have panned out - I'd give it about 3-4 years (or whenever Ukraine settles down a bit). On the whole though - so far, the admin / process - seems to have been pretty woeful (probably as this has never happened before)