+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More manager rumours

Re: More manager rumours

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I think our manager vacancy is quite attractive. 3 years salary for 4 months work. How many managers do we still have on the books?
    Oh shit you're right

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Lamouchi going may have been a blessin in disguise.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Looks like our friends out west will be looking for a new manager too https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...mpton-26952591
    Lamouchi is available.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Yet compare that to us - when has any manager we have ever had go on to better things ? I cant think of anyone
    After having had seen what happens at CCFC maybe they all think they've moved on up.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    After having had seen what happens at CCFC maybe they all think they've moved on up.
    Yet compare that to us - when has any manager we have ever had go on to better things ? I cant think of anyone

Other than Ole Phil Neale is the only other one that springs to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post

Other than Ole Phil Neale is the only other one that springs to mind.
    Len Ashurst went to Sunderland. Took them to a League Cup final, but relegation as well!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I really hope, with the situation we’re in, it’s not a foreign coach.

They don’t know the league
    They don’t know the players
    They will struggle to work within Vinny’s restraints

It’ll be a bigger disaster than the last two seasons
    Does any manager know the players until they get here

Can any manager work with ‘Vinnys constraints’

I personally think you’re wrong and many foreign managers have come over and been a success and many British managers have failed

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Yep ole is a unique exception but apart from that who was last manager cardiff had to go on to better things after leaving us?

I'm going back to early 90s and can't think of one? Is cardiff always the peak of a managers career and Swansea is the stepping stone?
    We have discussed this recently.

It was Len Ashurst back in 1983 (or 85, I can’t remember now)

Embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    We have discussed this recently.

It was Len Ashurst back in 1983 (or 85, I can’t remember now)

Embarrassing.
    I go all of the way back to 1963 and I can only think of Ashurst who definitely moved “upwards”. Frank O’Farrell left to become manager of Iran in the mid 70s which is probably a step up, but I don’t think Frank Burrows and Phil Neal leaving to become a number two is.

Going back before my time, I’m not aware of any of our managers being”poached” by bigger clubs either.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I go all of the way back to 1963 and I can only think of Ashurst who definitely moved “upwards”. Frank O’Farrell left to become manager of Iran in the mid 70s which is probably a step up, but I don’t think Frank Burrows and Phil Neal leaving to become a number is.

Going back before my time, I’m not aware of any of our managers being”poached” by bigger clubs either.
    Frank O’Farrell’s move to Iran was a strange one and similar to Revie going to the UAE a few years later, especially as he had only been at Cardiff City for 5 months which is just pathetic.

I presume that it was financially motivated as Iran was a footballing backwater at the time and his managerial career after that was certainly not at Championship level.

We should wait until the Jacks appoint a new manager and then offer to double his money if he comes to us.

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    We should wait until the Jacks appoint a new manager and then offer to double his money if he comes to us.
    Bang on

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Bang on
    We can't afford to

that could backfire if the jacks know what our plan is

We are getting Mark Hughes. No need to bitch about it, that's just how it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Frank O’Farrell’s move to Iran was a strange one and similar to Revie going to the UAE a few years later, especially as he had only been at Cardiff City for 5 months which is just pathetic.

I presume that it was financially motivated as Iran was a footballing backwater at the time and his managerial career after that was certainly not at Championship level.
    Agreed, a move to manage an international team for the man in charge of a struggling Second Division team is career advancement I suppose, but you've set out why I still think it's arguable as to whether it was really an upward step for O'Farrell in this instance - a sideways one maybe, but, as you say, money must have been the main motive for the move,

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    We are getting Mark Hughes. No need to bitch about it, that's just how it will be.
    I'd take that.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    I'd take that.
    Me too, with Bamba and Purse continuing to learn the ropes.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Listened to the Elis James podcast last night where Danny Gabbidon gave his opinion that the priority should be getting someone who is a good coach because he says our squad underperformed in 22/23 and so we need someone who can get more out of what we’ve got - made sense to me.
    yes this makes a lot of sense

A little birdie told me that forest will be sacking Cooper in the next few weeks and he will be coming here upon that sacking

Announcement can’t be made until July 1st

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    A little birdie told me that forest will be sacking Cooper in the next few weeks and he will be coming here upon that sacking

Announcement can’t be made until July 1st
    Just to point out I’ve completely made this up

You should have at least waited for wales online (or at least the other board) to run that as an exclusive before spoiling it.

Spoil sport.

Hi wales online by the way!

Fair play to you. I'm going to make something up as well. John Terry with Jody Morris as his assistant.

Vinnie is going to do it himself

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yes this makes a lot of sense
    But it will never happen…..TAn