+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Message from Trust re manager situation

Message from Trust re manager situation

Deleted

Re: Message from Trust re manager situation

I think you may have got your wires crossed here somewhat !!! Check the link

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I think you may have got your wires crossed here somewhat !!!
    Yes, fecked up big time. Will try again

Club Manager Situation

Dear Member,

I was taken aback as everyone else was when the announcement came that Sabri Lamouchi will leave the club at the conclusion of his contract and that the search for a new manager had begun.

I emailed Mehmet Dalman to ascertain the situation. He referred me to Ken Choo who then provided me with an unhelpful reply saying that he had to await decisions from both Vincent Tan and Mehmet Dalman.

I also raised again the issue of football expertise on the board in the shape of a Director of Football which I know is a proposal that the Chairman supports but the Owner opposes. Mehmet Dalman did confirm that the answer is still no.

We now find ourselves, yet again, without a manager having come perilously close to relegation last season. We have a team that evidently needs to be strengthened in the challenging context of an embargo. In these circumstances the need for a credible managerial appointment is even more critical but, without some sort of football expertise a board level, one wonders whether this is possible. Our churn rate of managers over the last season does not fill me with confidence.

The lack of any specific information as to the reason for the current situation is unsatisfactory as far as fans are concerned and is symptomatic of the way the club is run by its owner.

Keith Morgan

No Director Of Football

That's going to upset a few

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    No Director Of Football

That's going to upset a few
    ....as will relegation. I really do wonder if Tan reads City MBs and just has a bit of a(n evil) chuckle to himself. He must have several alterior motives for what he is doing to the club. Either that or he is completely bonkers and shouldn't be allowed out on his own. Not looking forward to next season at all.

Not sure Lamouchi’s record deserves anyone to be ‘taken aback’ by his departure but totally agree there ought to be an explanation as to why.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Not sure Lamouchi’s record deserves anyone to be ‘taken aback’ by his departure but totally agree there ought to be an explanation as to why.
    'by everyone..'. Have to say that I didn't see what the fuss was about him.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    'by everyone..'. Have to say that I didn't see what the fuss was about him.
    He kept us up

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    While his record wasn't great I expected him to be given a contract for a year

Isn’t the point more about how answering the question is being tossed between Dalman and Choo like a hot potato?
    It proves that the club is not being run properly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Isn’t the point more about how answering the question is being tossed between Dalman and Choo like a hot potato?
    It proves that the club is not being run properly.
    That would be hilarious in different circumstances

Asking for a Director of Football is completely pointless with Tan. It would just mean another wage on the bill.

The issue is the owner and his overall running of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Asking for a Director of Football is completely pointless with Tan. It would just mean another wage on the bill.

I'd prefer to see Tan appoint an experienced CEO then let him run the club without interference, but that's not going to happen either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Tan believes he is Director of Football; alongside his other duties .....Manager, Coach, Club Doctor, Physio, Sports Psychologist, Chief Groundsman, Chief Steward, Marketing Director, Head Caterer, Groundsman and Tea Boy: oh and Emperor of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Tan believes he is Director of Football; alongside his other duties .....Manager, Coach, Club Doctor, Physio, Sports Psychologist, Chief Groundsman, Chief Steward, Marketing Director, Head Caterer, Groundsman and Tea Boy: oh and Emperor of course.
    Beat me to it. Tan is the DoF and he’s shite at it.