+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The manager situation - one thing's become clear now.

Re: The manager situation - one thing's become clear now.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Let's be honest, it's reeeeally easy to make up a believable rumour about this poorly run football club.

Only thing I know for certain is Tan does have a buyer lined up but the deal will only go through once the lawsuit is settled. Another sticking point is Tan wants his son Rayvin to be a part of the takeover but obviously the incoming party is not so keen.

Even when he's on his way out of the club, Tan will never be out out.
    Can I ask how you know all of this please?

Only thing I know for certain is Tan does have a buyer lined up but the deal will only go through once the lawsuit is settled. Another sticking point is Tan wants his son Rayvin to be a part of the takeover but obviously the incoming party is not so keen.
    Two rayvin lunatics in the family then?

Let's be honest, it's reeeeally easy to make up a believable rumour about this poorly run football club.

I am no business man but wouldn't tan be better settling the legal debt now and then sell the club if that's what he wants to do because the ways it is going the club is going to be worth the square root of feck all by the time all this is finished

How do you know about a buyer lined up.?

I doubt CCFC would ever come out and confirm or deny either way, so you're right, it is a rumour. But I'm inclined to believe it - earlier this year through some non-football related matter, on a couple of occasions I met someone who had - until last year - worked within the club's Academy set up, and closely with Bellamy. His two lads were also at the Academy, but are now at Bristol City which he says is far better than Swansea's. Anyway, it doesn't really matter whether folk believe me or that I'm just making this up. It's all history now.

Just looked on News Now and, at the moment, there’s not a single City related story that’s come out today. This at a time where we are looking for a new manager and are supposed to be hunting for the new players everyone seems to believe are vital if we are to see sn improvement on the season just ended - it’s around ten days since the meeting between Messrs Tan and Lamouchi where we’re told that our owner’s was virtually made up before it started and yet I find myself wondering if we’re anywhere closer to appointing a replacement for Lamouchi as we were then?

I now await the announcement of our new manager later this evening

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Its a good guess and maybe true. But can you explain how you know this is a fact.
    Nobody’s going to know the truth unless they were at the meeting or work within the boardroom.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I am no business man but wouldn't tan be better settling the legal debt now and then sell the club if that's what he wants to do because the ways it is going the club is going to be worth the square root of feck all by the time all this is finished
    True, maybe if he considers employing an actual Manager this year it might help, does he employ inexperienced retail assistants to run his retail empire in Malaysia?

Morison in , Dai Hunt seen circling the car park chanting out, out out , he obviously has stopped his bike to seen the latest betting on our Steve one S Mozza ..

I wonder if the lack of traction is from our side or our targets side?

Could it be our first choice is waiting for a better offer as if that was Bamba or Morison, we’d already have seen them announced.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Alnick was ok as a back up keeper although agree he isn’t the best, I thought Romeo on a free was a good signing and has done well. Rinhomota has been dissapointing but I think another manager might be able to get more from him. But I think you comment about the needs of the squad not being addressed is the key, to many similar players and to many key positions not filled or filled to late in the transfer window.
    I don't quite get Romeo. As a defender, he goes missing at least once a game, gets caught in possession and is often out of position. He is a great athlete and gets forward well but I just don't recall him ever contributing to any of our goals. Ng is a better right back, which is where he should play. We were also rumoured to be looking to sign Regan Poole on a free, who on the little I've seen of him, is better than both.

And Daley-Campbell is a mystery. He didn't look good even at U21 level despite being older than all the other players. Three year contract? Whilst Eli King's contract is allowed to run down.

Personally, I think a lot of agents did well out of last summers recruitment. There was a strong London influence to last summers signings (including Benjamin and Conte). But that is modern football for you.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    I don't quite get Romeo. As a defender, he goes missing at least once a game, gets caught in possession and is often out of position. He is a great athlete and gets forward well but I just don't recall him ever contributing to any of our goals. Ng is a better right back, which is where he should play. We were also rumoured to be looking to sign Regan Poole on a free, who on the little I've seen of him, is better than both.

And Daley-Campbell is a mystery. He didn't look good even at U21 level despite being older than all the other players. Three year contract? Whilst Eli King's contract is allowed to run down.

Personally, I think a lot of agents did well out of last summers recruitment. There was a strong London influence to last summers signings (including Benjamin and Conte). But that is modern football for you.
    I agree on Campbell, he looks totally lost at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just looked on News Now and, at the moment, there’s not a single City related story that’s come out today. This at a time where we are looking for a new manager and are supposed to be hunting for the new players everyone seems to believe are vital if we are to see sn improvement on the season just ended - it’s around ten days since the meeting between Messrs Tan and Lamouchi where we’re told that our owner’s was virtually made up before it started and yet I find myself wondering if we’re anywhere closer to appointing a replacement for Lamouchi as we were then?

I now await the announcement of our new manager later this evening
    Just to say that with the club saying that they are aware of the urgency of the situation when it comes to appointing a new manager, the only story to appear on News Now's Cardiff City page yesterday was yet another one from Portsmouth about their interest in Gavin Whyte.

Now, it might be that the complete lack of speculation regarding a new manager and any new signings points to City going about their business in a manner which is giving the media absolutely nothing in terms of leaks and "inside stories", but does anyone really believe that? Surely, it's more likely that there is so little speculation because there's nothing really to speculate about?

Just to say that with the club saying that they are aware of the urgency of the situation when it comes to appointing a new manager, the only story to appear on News Now's Cardiff City page yesterday was yet another one from Portsmouth about their interest in Gavin Whyte.

Now, it might be that the complete lack of speculation regarding a new manager and any new signings points to City going about their business in a manner which is giving the media absolutely nothing in terms of leaks and "inside stories", but does anyone really believe that? Surely, it's more likely that there is so little speculation because there's nothing really to speculate about?
    It's really boring at the moment isn't it. No players being linked, no new manager rumours since Bamba "being offered it" and Morison being in the fray.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    It's really boring at the moment isn't it. No players being linked, no new manager rumours since Bamba "being offered it" and Morison being in the fray.
    It really is incredibly boring. No idea why I keep checking in on here and Twitter when the club gives us no reason to get excited. About literally anything.

Make sure you renew your season tickets!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I'll also shed some light on this, although the specifics are not known to me.

Steve Morison promised the owner (and the fans) that the 2022/23 campaign was going to be a lot better than the 2021/22 campaign. However, the team he built was rubbish. He was sacked after 10 games following a 1-0 defeat at second-from-bottom Huddersfield, with his side sitting 18th in the table, one point above the relegation zone.

He wasn't sacked because of player power. He was sacked because the players he brought in were not good enough.
    All correct but we had no strikers. We played some decent football in the early part of the season and created numerous chances that were all squandered by Watters and Harris. Unfortunately you cannot pick up good strikers for free. Tan finally realised this and allowed the signing of the guy from West Brom (he’s been out for so long I’ve forgotten his name) the Morison was sacked a week later when we lost to Huddersfield (after missing yet another penalty).
    I believe the timing was very poor and once again Tans idea to replace him with Hudson was an even bigger disaster

I would guess that Tan will flounce around realising he cannot get anyone on his terms, then will announce the appointment of Bamba as if the board have worked exhaustively through many options

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    All correct but we had no strikers. We played some decent football in the early part of the season and created numerous chances that were all squandered by Watters and Harris. Unfortunately you cannot pick up good strikers for free. Tan finally realised this and allowed the signing of the guy from West Brom (he’s been out for so long I’ve forgotten his name) the Morison was sacked a week later when we lost to Huddersfield (after missing yet another penalty).
    I believe the timing was very poor and once again Tans idea to replace him with Hudson was an even bigger disaster
    Totally agree. It may have been that our form continued to decline but I think Morison deserved longer unless there was an actual plan in place to bring in a proper manager. To replace him with Hudson was stupid, to then give Hudson the job until the end of the season seemed madness considering the form of the team at the time.

The thought of Bamba being manager scares me, other than Ian Holloway I’m struggling to think of anyone worse than Bamba.

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    All correct but we had no strikers. We played some decent football in the early part of the season and created numerous chances that were all squandered by Watters and Harris.
    We had a striker who Morison had signed for £500,000 and was ready to go straight into the first team according to the manager. His name's Kion Etete.

We had a striker who Morison had signed for £500,000 and was ready to go straight into the first team according to the manager. His name's Kion Etete.
    I think we were in for a player like Hugill or Kaba to be a focal point for the attack, but just couldn't get it over the line in a difficult transfer window.
    he was hardly going to say that the likes of Etete aren't upto it and in. any case wasn't he injured for a lot of early season?

I certainly don't think Morisons plans at the end of the previous season would have been to start the season with Watters and Harris as the main strikers - they weren't able to get the players they wanted in and then they were also hit by injuries to Davies and Robinson and Etete.

500k is nothing for a striker at this level. I think Etete will prove to be a good investment though .

International

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Totally agree. It may have been that our form continued to decline but I think Morison deserved longer unless there was an actual plan in place to bring in a proper manager. To replace him with Hudson was stupid, to then give Hudson the job until the end of the season seemed madness considering the form of the team at the time.

The thought of Bamba being manager scares me, other than Ian Holloway I’m struggling to think of anyone worse than Bamba.
    Agreed what has Bamba ever done as a Manager, nice blokes don't make good Managers look at Hudson.

I didnt want Morison sacked. I wanted him to own what he created. We have plenty of people now thinking if wed had a striker we would have been fine and we were playing decent football.

We did play ok at the start but were quickly found out. We were at the stage of passing to the halfway line without beating the opposition at all. We were not good at passing from the back beating the press and creating loads.

Morison built a bottom 3 squad and while I think he should have been given longer he would have been gone eventually anyway.

I cant believe he is being considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think we were in for a player like Hugill or Kaba to be a focal point for the attack, but just couldn't get it over the line in a difficult transfer window.
    Indeed. Poor management by Super Steve Morison. It was blatantly obvious from the moment Kieffer Moore was sold that the club needed a proper striker, but apart from Etete he didn't acquire one for the 22/23 campaign. There may have been various factors at play which brought about that situation, but ultimately it's on the manager. After all, he'd had long enough.

As for his views on Etete, I recall Morison got quite arsey with a journalist who dared to suggest that Etete was one for the future rather than the present. But then he's a bit thick, so I suppose we should make allowances.

Indeed. Poor management by Super Steve Morison. It was blatantly obvious from the moment Kieffer Moore was sold that the club needed a proper striker, but apart from Etete he didn't acquire one for the 22/23 campaign. There may have been various factors at play which brought about that situation, but ultimately it's on the manager. After all, he'd had long enough.

As for his views on Etete, I recall Morison got quite arsey with a journalist who dared to suggest that Etete was one for the future rather than the present. But then he's a bit thick, so I suppose we should make allowances.
    I'm not sure you can lay all the blame at Morisons feet for that, he would have wanted a striker in as much as anyone, but in the end had to make do with Watters. Davies was't available at all, Etete was for 4 games and he had Robinson for 3 I think?
    I think they were probably expecting to get Hugill back, but Norwich decided to hang onto him until January .
    plus there weren't that many of that type of player available during that window, and we weren't the only championship club who were desperate for one.

if we had got a Hugill or a Kaba in the summer then I think Morison would probably still be here.

Jeezz we could have two of the stupidest managers ever within a year if Bamba is appointed.