+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The manager situation - one thing's become clear now.

The manager situation - one thing's become clear now.

Tan did not decide to get rid of Lamouchi because he had someone else lined up to come in. No great surprise there because we never do have any continuity, it's always, right let's sack the manager, we need a change........now what do we do?

Re: The manager situation - one thing's become clear now.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Tan did not decide to get rid of Lamouchi because he had someone else lined up to come in. No great surprise there because we never do have any continuity, it's always, right let's sack the manager, we need a change........now what do we do?
    Very difficult to appoint a manager at the back end of a season when clubs are fighting for titles and avoiding relegations.
    Once the dust settles, you can see who might be available and who may not.
    Lamouchi was never the man for me. I’m not defending the board here, but let’s see who they get in, and what the ambition is for next season, before we start crucifying them again.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Very difficult to appoint a manager at the back end of a season when clubs are fighting for titles and avoiding relegations.
    Lamouchi was never the man for me. I’m not defending the board here, but let’s see who they get in, and what the ambition is for next season, before we start crucifying them again.
    Even if we do end up getting someone good in, I don't see how that alters what I said in the OP - it's over a week since Tan's meeting with Lamouchi, if we'd had someone lined up, they'd have been in place by now.

Because things need to move so quickly in the close season, and because our owner has to 'fly in' from 5000 miles to handle negotiations, I would have thought, yes, the club would have had a couple of options lined up in the event of Lamouchi wanting away. We've got a bigger job to do player-wise this summer than most other Championship clubs.

We do TRY AND apply continuity and did with, Hudson , Morison and now potentially Bamba . Huge mistake with sacking Morison he was half decent got let down by lack not getting striker and telling players they underachieving.

Lamouchi probably wanted too much ,and the 'I want to stay ' was the usually manager bullshit speak .

Especially as sabri contract was only ever until the end of the season. Its not like he was sacked or quit. His contract was done. This should have been sorted between the Huddersfield and Burnley games and sabri should have gone before the Burnley game if that's the way things were going.

Even if we do end up getting someone good in, I don't see how that alters what I said in the OP - it's over a week since Tan's meeting with Lamouchi, if we'd had someone lined up, they'd have been in place by now.
    Tan did not turn Lamouchi down. In effect it was the other way round. Lamouchi said the player budget was not enough and we would end up in the same position as this season. Tan took umbrage at this and it was a very frosty meeting. The meeting should have been to seal the deal but it didn't work out that way. This is why nobody was lined up. The official statement was spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Blue View Post
    Tan did not turn Lamouchi down. In effect it was the other way round. Lamouchi said the player budget was not enough and we would end up in the same position as this season. Tan took umbrage at this and it was a very frosty meeting. The meeting should have been to seal the deal but it didn't work out that way. This is why nobody was lined up. The official statement was spin.
    You literally just made all this up.

Do we know this?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    ‘Fighting for titles’? I’m not quite sure who you think the club may be considering but I’d definitely recommend that you lower your expectations a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    ‘Fighting for titles’? I’m not quite sure who you think the club may be considering but I’d definitely recommend that you lower your expectations a bit.
    Kevin Phillips is 16-1 and South Shields I believe were fighting for a title.🤣

I doubt our board of clowns know who he is anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You literally just made all this up.
    No i did not. I posted the same on another message board before the news broke that Lamouchi would not be appointed.

I think this is exactly what happened. I wasn't a fan of Lamouchi but with a reasonable budget who knows what he could achieve.

The probability is that Tan's pie in the sky delusions and his unwillingness to spend money foundered on the rock of reality. No decent manager would risk their reputation with us as long as Tan is controlling things.

Wouldn't surprise me if they couldn't reach a deal because budgets were a major stumbling block.
    It'll be hard for any manager to agree a deal knowing there's an embargo, and knowing that the club don't seem willing to do what's required to get it lifted.

I suspected something like this had gone on. The spin after the meeting was laughable. Tan didn't want him anyway, yeah right

No i did not. I posted the same on another message board before the news broke that Lamouchi would not be appointed.
    Its a good guess and maybe true. But can you explain how you know this is a fact.

Spot on.. it's obvious by the way we had the love in, then talks, then reality Lamouchi is good manager who will find a club ,we needed him more than he needed us and he needed more than the club could offer ..

Wouldn’t be surprised if you’re right. After all, Lamouchi had three or four months of getting to know the sort of club City are before having to make a decision on a longer contract, but I would have expected there to be more out there backing you up by now.

If as many of us think Lamouchi couldnt get the assurances and backing he wanted then why wouldn't he come out and say so?

Maybe Tan just didnt want him. Of course that could be he was too expensive or/and he doesnt rate him.

Tan is hardly going to fly in from Malaysia to tell Lamouchi he isn't going to be given a new contract. As Lamouchi's contract had expired he needn't have done anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Tan is hardly going to fly in from Malaysia to tell Lamouchi he isn't going to be given a new contract. As Lamouchi's contract had expired he needn't have done anything.
    Exactly this! Add to that noise from the club prior to the meeting that they were confident Lamouchi would be staying. Whilst we'll never know exactly what was said it clearly didn't go to plan - which is a worry trying to find a replacement

I agree with the reply. You don’t need a new guy to know the old guy is no good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Tan was in the UK as part of a Malaysian delegation over here for the Coronation I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if they couldn't reach a deal because budgets were a major stumbling block.
    It'll be hard for any manager to agree a deal knowing there's an embargo, and knowing that the club don't seem willing to do what's required to get it lifted.
    The embargo is a PUNISHMENT for late payment and will not be lifted. If we pay the next instalment late things could get worse. We are stuck with two more transfer window shut outs.

Tan was in the UK as part of a Malaysian delegation over here for the Coronation I believe.
    Why bother for them to meet therefore if Lamouchi wasn't to be offered the job?