+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The manager situation - one thing's become clear now.

Re: The manager situation - one thing's become clear now.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Would be hilarious mind
    Maybe we can lumber them with Morison in exchange

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He never came across the brightest when he used to be on Sky. Also the way he tried to make the club out to be the bad guys running to the media to try and keep his name relevant “I found out on twitter I was being released” it was pathetic especially when it later turned out MM had told him and of course the clue is if your out of contract and you don’t have a new contract infront of you.

I don’t think he comes across as very nice person to be honest, I don’t think he’s as nice as the persona the media try to present.
    You don’t think the contract stuff is poor form? I don’t doubt for a moment the club would have ballsed it up. We stayed up 4 weeks ago and still don’t have a manager and Mick is a total bellend.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    You don’t think the contract stuff is poor form? I don’t doubt for a moment the club would have ballsed it up. We stayed up 4 weeks ago and still don’t have a manager and Mick is a total bellend.
    What for the manager to tell a player he is being released? I would say that’s normal? Not sure why he felt he needed a call from the chairman. Also the clue to him being released (and it’s a big clue) is that he didn’t have a new contract, I can only assume or hope he did his media to get some attention and isn’t that stupid.

Re the manager or cause the club are going to balls it up.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    being reported we are looking at some US based managers - I wonder who that might be
    Lasso

International

I think he comes across quite well, especially considering English is not his first language

I've never heard anyone say a bad word about him
    He's never said anything insightful and comes across as a lovely bloke but with no more knowledge or right to be a Manager than any other player in the current squad. Why is he even being considered, you might as well tout Joe Bennett or Lee Tomlin it makes about as much sense they are all ex-players with feck all experience who should never have ever been considered.

We need a MANAGER not just anyone who played for Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    He's never said anything insightful and comes across as a lovely bloke but with no more knowledge or right to be a Manager than any other player in the current squad. Why is he even being considered, you might as well tout Joe Bennett or Lee Tomlin it makes about as much sense they are all ex-players with feck all experience who should never have ever been considered.

We need a MANAGER not just anyone who played for Cardiff City.
    Footballers are trained to say nothing. That’s the gig. I don’t know why anyone expects them to give the game away in interviews. He’s being linked because he is already here. He won’t get the job, mind.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Footballers are trained to say nothing. That’s the gig. I don’t know why anyone expects them to give the game away in interviews. He’s being linked because he is already here. He won’t get the job, mind.
    The good ones do, Bellamy comes across as an expert compared to most, some study the game and are born Coaches/Managers, but most just give it a go and hope they can either learn it on the job or blag their way through for a few years.

The more I think of it my choice for manager would be Warnock. He knows the Championship and as long as there is no transfer budget (which there isn't) his record of signing loan players is good. He would be far better than some of the others being mentioned especially as we now seem to be looking overseas for people who are unlikely to have much knowledge of the type of players we need.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The more I think of it my choice for manager would be Warnock. He knows the Championship and as long as there is no transfer budget (which there isn't) his record of signing loan players is good. He would be far better than some of the others being mentioned especially as we now seem to be looking overseas for people who are unlikely to have much knowledge of the type of players we need.
    Jesus, this again..,

International

Yes with Dave Jones as his assistant and Malky as the coach, that should piss most of the board off

International

According to the other message board, Morison is out of the equation and it will be a foreign Manager.

According to the other message board, Morison is out of the equation and it will be a foreign Manager.
    Thanks for that. Always good to get the inside track!

I just hope that revelation wasn't phoned in!

By the way... which 'other message board'? ****? OOCC? or something else?

[Edit: Why does AA MB without a gap default to ****?]

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Jesus, this again..,
    Name someone better then.

Critchley back as Blackpool manager.

Wilder still favourite for Reading job.

The shine has gone off a few Championship hot properties!

Neil Critchley's just returned to Blackpool less than a year after he resigned to be Gerrard's assistant at Villa. Still not as weird as Morison 8 months after being sacked would be though.

Yes with Dave Jones as his assistant and Malky as the coach, that should piss most of the board off
    It seems most things piss this board off at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Thanks for that. Always good to get the inside track!

I just hope that revelation wasn't phoned in!

By the way... which 'other message board'? ****? OOCC? or something else?

[Edit: Why does AA MB without a gap default to ****?]
    It looks like after 6 posts that thread on the other board has concluded that Dalman is positioning himself to buy the club 👍 but always with the caveat that things can change obviously

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Critchley back as Blackpool manager.

Wilder still favourite for Reading job.

The shine has gone off a few Championship hot properties!
    Wilder surely has to be considered if he’s thinking of Reading. Compared to Morison and bloody Bamba.

No news could well be a blessin in disguise

But can the players afford these days to pay over a slice of their appearance money in exchange for team selection?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    But can the players afford these days to pay over a slice of their appearance money in exchange for team selection?
    You've alluded to this a few times now so you are either the right side of the law in how you phrase it or you are in the know 🤔

No news could well be a blessin in disguise
    IT'S HAPPENING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    You've alluded to this a few times now so you are either the right side of the law in how you phrase it or you are in the know ��
    "Neil Warnock, the man who signs players, gives them extra wages and appearance bonuses to make sure they pay him to get in the team or on the bench"
    - Jason Puncheon

"The fact he could even talk about training is shocking, he was never there."
    - Jason Puncheon

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    "Neil Warnock, the man who signs players, gives them extra wages and appearance bonuses to make sure they pay him to get in the team or on the bench"
    - Jason Puncheon

"The fact he could even talk about training is shocking, he was never there."
    - Jason Puncheon
    Yes I remember those statements from Puncheon but it feels that this was more specific to his time at Cardiff and I am especially interested in the back story to the signing of the Mckay brothers from a contract point of view as to why they were signed and this all seems intrinsically linked to Sala in the end

Seems really murky?

Name someone better then.
    It's not about naming someone better (and there are hundreds). It's about naming someone Cardiff City are likely to employ.

Vincent Tan has publicly stated he feels he was conned by Warnock, who he says built a 'bad side' and 'bought the wrong players' after promotion to the Premier League. Knowing what we do about the way Tan operates, do you honestly believe there is any chance he would re-employ someone he believes conned him?