+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The manager situation - one thing's become clear now.

International

Re: The manager situation - one thing's become clear now.

[QUOTE=jon1959;5424022]Thanks for that. Always good to get the inside track!

I just hope that revelation wasn't phoned in!

By the way... which 'other message board'? ****? OOCC? or something else?

[Edit: Why does AA MB without a gap default to ****?][/QUOTE

AA's Cardiff City Forum - yes

**** - weird never knew that?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Yes I remember those statements from Puncheon but it feels that this was more specific to his time at Cardiff and I am especially interested in the back story to the signing of the Mckay brothers from a contract point of view as to why they were signed and this all seems intrinsically linked to Sala in the end

Seems really murky?
    Loads of his ex players on the Undr the Cosh has said Warnock has done this. It would have happened at Cardiff.

Going into the evening.now and, just as on Monday, there’s nothing been posted up on City’s News Now page all day. There’s always talk about the two teams in the Championship Play Off Final being at a disadvantage because they can’t finalise plans for the new season until three weeks after everyone else - I’m beginning to think we could still be looking for a new manager after the Play Offs have finished, that’d be something I’d have thought impossible when the news we were not appointing Lamouchi broke.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Going into the evening.now and, just as on Monday, there’s nothing been posted up on City’s News Now page all day. There’s always talk about the two teams in the Championship Play Off Final being at a disadvantage because they can’t finalise plans for the new season until three weeks after everyone else - I’m beginning to think we could still be looking for a new manager after the Play Offs have finished, that’d be something I’d have thought impossible when the news we were not appointing Lamouchi broke.
    Agree Bob. This delay is silly and given we will be operating solely in the free transfer market, we are already at a disadvantage.
    We need a manager this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Agree Bob. This delay is silly and given we will be operating solely in the free transfer market, we are already at a disadvantage.
    We need a manager this week.
    Didn’t it take the club absolutely ages to appoint Lamouchi and Hudson before him, or have I just imagined all of this because I’m so jaded by the constant searching for new managers?

I think that at one point last season I couldn’t even remember if we’d appointed anyone or not, or who the manager was, as there was so little news from the club.

Depressing.
    Last edited by Bobby Dandruff; 24-05-23 at 20:25. Reason: Adding

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Didn’t it take the club absolutely ages to appoint Lamouchi and Hudson before him, or have I just imagined all of this because I’m so jaded by the constant searching for new managers?
    City sacked Hudson on 14/01/23 and appointed Lamouchi on 27/01/23.

The announcement about Lamouchi leaving was made on 17/05/23, so it'll probably be a few days yet before his successor is appointed if previous form is anything to go by.

It will be after the play offs finals

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Yes I remember those statements from Puncheon but it feels that this was more specific to his time at Cardiff and I am especially interested in the back story to the signing of the Mckay brothers from a contract point of view as to why they were signed and this all seems intrinsically linked to Sala in the end

Seems really murky?
    Similar quotes from Rowan Vine re Warnock`s time at QPR. Also when he was at QPR the football authorities were questioning a deal which took Joey Barton from Newcastle to QPR when the fee paid didn`t seem to reconcile with the fee received and the wages being paid seemed over the top. The agent involved in the deal was a certain Willie McKay.

Other issues, all on the public record ,were transactions NW brokered at Sheff Utd and Crystal Palace through an agency which at the time employed his son. Investigated by the football authorities again.

Were you also aware (also can be found on the record) that another football authority investigation was carried out whilst NW was our manager following complaints from some registered intermediaries about the unusually large number of football transfers he was putting through the agency now employing his son? At one time we had 9 players in the squad from that agency and no other club had more than 4.

There is a restriction in football on clubs signing players from agencies in which they or their senior employees have a close family or business interest. Unfortunately the wording for a breach is a bit woolly so breach penalties are not easy to enforce.

I’m surprised nothing has been announced yet, there haven’t even been any solid rumours surfacing.

I wonder if we’re waiting for a manager to leave a club after the conclusion of the play offs or the final games of another league?

You’d think if we really were looking at Bamba or Morison or anyone else not under contract we’d have heard something already, either a yes or a no.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninian1962 View Post
    Similar quotes from Rowan Vine re Warnock`s time at QPR. Also when he was at QPR the football authorities were questioning a deal which took Joey Barton from Newcastle to QPR when the fee paid didn`t seem to reconcile with the fee received and the wages being paid seemed over the top. The agent involved in the deal was a certain Willie McKay.

Other issues, all on the public record ,were transactions NW brokered at Sheff Utd and Crystal Palace through an agency which at the time employed his son. Investigated by the football authorities again.

Were you also aware (also can be found on the record) that another football authority investigation was carried out whilst NW was our manager following complaints from some registered intermediaries about the unusually large number of football transfers he was putting through the agency now employing his son? At one time we had 9 players in the squad from that agency and no other club had more than 4.

There is a restriction in football on clubs signing players from agencies in which they or their senior employees have a close family or business interest. Unfortunately the wording for a breach is a bit woolly so breach penalties are not easy to enforce.
    Thanks for that appreciate the reply as I had no idea as to the detail on this hence my ask

Begs the question on how he keeps getting away with it even on a moral bais

Lack of support at Eindhoven ?
    He should come to City to see what that really feels like

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I’m surprised nothing has been announced yet, there haven’t even been any solid rumours surfacing.

I wonder if we’re waiting for a manager to leave a club after the conclusion of the play offs or the final games of another league?

You’d think if we really were looking at Bamba or Morison or anyone else not under contract we’d have heard something already, either a yes or a no.
    Tan will have you believe that there are at least 6 really good managers in discussions before finally appointing Bamba who states “we already have a very good squad capable of a top half finish”
    Bamba will then lose his job around Christmas with City in the relegation 3 about 4 points from safety

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    City sacked Hudson on 14/01/23 and appointed Lamouchi on 27/01/23.

The announcement about Lamouchi leaving was made on 17/05/23, so it'll probably be a few days yet before his successor is appointed if previous form is anything to go by.
    We were 'safe' after the Rotherham game on the 27th April, so effectively 3 weeks for either Lamouchi or the club to decide if he was going to be here for next season.

Maybe the job comes with relatively low remuneration and a job spec that involves not signing anyone of value.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Maybe the job comes with relatively low remuneration and a job spec that involves not signing anyone of value.
    Or ability.

Quote Originally Posted by John Buchanan View Post
    Or ability.

It's a shame that probably the most successful managers in Tan's time have been involved with some out there transfer dealings. There could be any number of reasons why so much was paid for Cornelius but at least two of them would be justifiably sackable offences. NW also has a number of strange signings. I'm waiting for the next manager announcement with a mixture of inevetibality and therefore sad indifference.

We probably don't want to announce until a week before the transfer window ends as we don't have to pay wages until then. None of our managers have any say in transfer dealings anyway that's done by the so called transfer committee. I still think it will be Bamba or Morison as nobody else will want to work under this idiot.

So....we are looking t get in transfers.....on whatever basis....and decide the retained list....without a manager.....
    The words "Arse Backwards" springs to mind.
    Arse backwards.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by pompey blue View Post
    We probably don't want to announce until a week before the transfer window ends as we don't have to pay wages until then. None of our managers have any say in transfer dealings anyway that's done by the so called transfer committee. I still think it will be Bamba or Morison as nobody else will want to work under this idiot.
    The manager is part of the Transfer Committee (unless the 'so called Transfer Committee' is something different?).

The manager (when we have one) works with the scouting and recruitment team (who are doing a good job - especially with loans and Academy recruitment, and not bad with the First Team given the financial constraints).

The Transfer Committee assesses the proposals put forward by the recruitment team (manager input in both stages).

Then Vincent Tan decides.

Quote Originally Posted by pompey blue View Post
    I think there's something in that.

Hudson was a dead man walking for weeks yet they waited until the last days of the January transfer window before bringing a manager in. They are doing the same now as they will think the less time the manager has with the transfer window open the less money he can ask for for wages.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    It's a shame that probably the most successful managers in Tan's time have been involved with some out there transfer dealings. There could be any number of reasons why so much was paid for Cornelius but at least two of them would be justifiably sackable offences. NW also has a number of strange signings. I'm waiting for the next manager announcement with a mixture of inevetibality and therefore sad indifference.
    Whilst Cornelius didn't work out for us, did we not recouped most of the money back? And at least he has gone on to prove he's a very talented footballer, Bacuna on the other hand!

When i stared reading your post i though it would be a Racist and a Brexit Gammon, but we can beat them with transfers **** up if you like lol

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Whilst Cornelius didn't work out for us, did we not recouped most of the money back?
    Most reports at the time claimed (based on club press briefings) that we lost between £5m and £8.5m on the Cornelius signing.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...f-malky-mackay

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The manager is part of the Transfer Committee (unless the 'so called Transfer Committee' is something different?).

The manager (when we have one) works with the scouting and recruitment team (who are doing a good job - especially with loans and Academy recruitment, and not bad with the First Team given the financial constraints).

The Transfer Committee assesses the proposals put forward by the recruitment team (manager input in both stages).

Then Vincent Tan decides.
    And herein lies the problem. One would hope Tan would realise that he doesn't know what's going on and stay out of it. But it seems like his ego gets in the way and he has to have an opinion. And when he doesn't, he just makes one up.