+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nathan Jones to Swansea

International

Nathan Jones to Swansea

Re: Nathan Jones to Swansea

Shirley they’ll go for Potter !

Unfinished business

Okay, he is a Cardiff City fan but you'd have to ask yourself, why in the world would he choose us over Swansea?

With all of the baggage that would come with it, transfer embargoes, no money for players etc, accepting a post down west would be a no brainer.

It would have to be a pretty substantial financial package to take us on and I doubt our owner would entertain such a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Shirley they’ll go for Potter !

Unfinished business
    I doubt he would go there

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I doubt he would go there
    No chance Potter will go there.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    doesnt really play the "Swansea way" though does he?

I read this earlier today which made some sense in explaining the Nathan Jones speculation:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footba...city-clarified

Nathan Jones as an add on to a Paul Watson from Luton move?

Although Jones' style of play would be a very bad fit with the 'pass it to death in our own half' philosophy of the Swansea Chuckle Brothers!

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I read this earlier today which made some sense in explaining the Nathan Jones speculation:

Although Jones' style of play would be a very bad fit with the 'pass it to death in our own half' philosophy of the Swansea Chuckle Brothers!

Interesting article

Get them all that's exactly what we need a proper rebuild with a football man involved with the recruitment and a sensible wage structure, I doubt it will happen though unfortunately, we will get some dopey coach that doesn't have a clue how to manage a football club.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Nathan Jones is the reason why Luton have progressed and now sit in the final , his legacy has worked , perhaps Swansea realise their model doesn't always work in this brutal league .

I’m phoning it in now, he won’t go to Swansea

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Interview Wednesday according to the in the knowers on the Jack's board 👍 don't know if it is a phone interview or not though

Jack's board not over reacting to the news but accept he probably would have much time given if things didn't start well

International

According to Talksport Russel Martin done deal to Southampton, I can't see them wanting Jones though almost opposite to Martin.

I don't understand what Martin has done that's so brilliant, but I guess they must see something, and they are supposed to be the experts.

Also just seen this

Julian Winter: Swansea City chief executive leaves Championship club

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65664079

According to Talksport Russel Martin done deal to Southampton, I can't see them wanting Jones though almost opposite to Martin.

I don't understand what Martin has done that's so brilliant, but I guess they must see something, and they are supposed to be the experts.
    Yeah it’s an odd one.
    I wouldn’t want Martin here but they must see something in him.

Also just seen this

My guess is that they feel that Swansea have good possession stats and play the type of "sexy football that everyone wants to see" these days.
    Swansea lacking in being able to finish off chances and/or keep the ball out of their own net i.e. players not good enough.
    With better players, which Southampton have, they should be able to bounce back pretty quickly.

Yeah it’s an odd one.
    I wouldn’t want Martin here but they must see something in him.
    Every time I see him it reminds me of Bill Bryson talking about American soap actors. Something like "given a choice between being able to act or have a great haircut, they'd always go for the haircut."

Also just seen this

Swansea are looking to attract the current Luton director of football apparently and he worked well with Jones so maybe that where the link to Jones has come from??

It is after all silly season whereas at Cardiff it is fecking mental season as usual 👍

Apologies just saw the same point in an earlier post 🙄

International

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Swansea are looking to attract the current Luton director of football apparently and he worked well with Jones so maybe that where the link to Jones has come from??

It is after all silly season whereas at Cardiff it is fecking mental season as usual 👍

Apologies just saw the same point in an earlier post 🙄

No problem some people wont have seen it, but yes they may be something in it after all.

I don't know anything about that Watson, but Luton have appeared to be a well run club and him and his team including Jones sounds like what we need at the moment.

No problem some people wont have seen it, but yes they may be something in it after all.

I don't know anything about that Watson, but Luton have appeared to be a well run club and him and his team including Jones sounds like what we need at the moment.
    It seems to be welcomed by the jacks but not necessarily as a package with Jones for some reason - not sure why

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    Every time I see him it reminds me of Bill Bryson talking about American soap actors. Something like "given a choice between being able to act or have a great haircut, they'd always go for the haircut."
    😂