+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Riot in Ely

Re: Riot in Ely

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    And I am sure you would say the same if he was from another party
    I wouldn't have said anything at all if the police commissioner for Cardiff was a Conservative

It's got nothing to do with this

Direct any issue to the poster who brought this up

Alun Micheal should resign irrespective of his political stance

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    It’s ironic that Labour we’re against the introduction of Police Commissioners but it didn’t stop Alun Michael taking the job. Nice work for a 79 year old on just under £87,000 grand a year. To be honest, I don’t think he’s made any improvement as to how SWP operates.
    that isn't ironic

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Bullshit . The only person all over the place on this is you . Were you a copper in a past life ? Or did you fail the fitness test ?
    Sludge the boys were traveling towards the police, saw them did a u-turn, so the police traveled in the same direction for a short period of time, the police then dropped back and even moved in a different direction from them ending up half a mile away, how the hell is that a police chase?

The BBC verify team got it wrong using one camera at one time, and so did the people who went on a riot.

International

Wether their reaction was good , bad or nothing at all it's the fact they have from the start failed to state exactly the situation that people saw .....a police van following two kids on a scooter .....that has caused confusion , mistrust and given some the excuse to get involved in confrontation

Let's imagine some people on here were in Ely and saw the scooter being followed by a police van

The crash occurs and on social media people start saying what they saw .....kids being followed by a van

The police come out and say there wasn't a chase etc ......

To a lot of people that's going to feel that they are being challenged on what they saw

Chase , pursuit , trailed , shadowed

You say potato , I say potato etc etc

It really doesn't matter

The police failed to make sure everyone knew that the boys were being followed but when they crashed the police had withdrawn

This is all down to this simple matter . This missed opportunity has lit the fuse .
    Sludge it was not a scooter it was a Surron electric bike/ motorbike https://surron.co.uk/pages/surron-bike-availability

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Sludge it was not a scooter it was a Surron electric bike/ motorbike https://surron.co.uk/pages/surron-bike-availability
    You are going down the same alleyway

The impression given by the police .....and alun Micheal who works for them .....wax that the police were not involved and their contact with the boys has only come out now

They should have said they were not chasing but were following the boys straight away when asked about it

A day later and they were still saying their officers were not involved

That's for them to explain now

You are going down the same alleyway

The impression given by the police .....and alun Micheal who works for them .....wax that the police were not involved and their contact with the boys has only come out now

They should have said they were not chasing but were following the boys straight away when asked about it

A day later and they were still saying their officers were not involved

That's for them to explain now
    How were the officers involved in the crash when they were in a different street at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    How were the officers involved in the crash when they were in a different street at the time?
    Hes all over the place. You wont get him to concede he is wrong though, he is exhausting.

He could give my missus a good run for her money in always being right when they are clearly wrong.

He will just keep on, and on, and on, and on sticking to his viewpoint even when its been proved wrong.

He needs serious help.

Police officers were involved in the incident of the boys being followed , even if only for a period

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Hes all over the place. You wont get him to concede he is wrong though, he is exhausting.

He could give my missus a good run for her money in always being right when they are clearly wrong.

He will just keep on, and on, and on, and on sticking to his viewpoint even when its been proved wrong.

He needs serious help.
    I find that ironic given your liking for the sauce

Who is saying the officers were involved in the crash ?

Not me

You are

South Wales Police were involved in following the boys which eventually the force has admitted

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...first-minister

UK government created conditions that led to Cardiff riots, says Mark Drakeford.

Would the tragedy have been referred to the IOPC and subsequent investigation been carried out without the media attention in this case ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65725350

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    that isn't ironic
    Irony, whenever a person says something or does something that departs from what they(or we) expect them to say or do.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Would the tragedy have been referred to the IOPC and subsequent investigation been carried out without the media attention in this case ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65725350
    Maybe not ?

But either way it's correct I would think that it has been ?

I find that ironic given your liking for the sauce
    O

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...first-minister

UK government created conditions that led to Cardiff riots, says Mark Drakeford.
    I am no fan of the tory government but drakeford should leave these sort of comments until after the boys have been laid to rest and investigations into the police activity on the lead up to the crash have taken place

I am no fan of the tory government but drakeford should leave these sort of comments until after the boys have been laid to rest and investigations into the police activity on the lead up to the crash have taken place
    I would repeat a previous comment in another thread about Mark Drakeford.......but would most likely get deleted like the previous one....

https://www.policeconduct.gov.uk/new...-teenagers-ely

It certainly looks like the police watchdog has far more teeth these days

That remit seems to be exactly what is required

If only this kind of body had been around when the Cardiff 5 were fitted up

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I would repeat a previous comment in another thread about Mark Drakeford.......but would most likely get deleted like the previous one....
    To be fair that was politically motivated and like him at this time it's not really appropriate

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Get over it Maurice ffs

You’re like a big baby

“I had a post deleted” boo fecking hoo.

The bike was "an early birthday present". £4k, by the way. Kids were living well consider the pictures of them in branded jackets worth a couple hundred, too.

Probably would've been better to say it was nicked, now they're gonna get the DWP snooping around.

The first picture released did show the Police following two lads on an e bike even though they are not meant to be driven on the road or to carry passengers. They are off road bikes only. However, later pictures revealed the Police turning off onto another road and the accident happened when the Police were a long way away on another street. However, it's odd that the Police did turn off especially as the bike was carrying a passenger with the pillion dragging his feet along the ground. Nonetheless I can't see how the rioting was warranted.

When i heard that Drakeford was chairing a meeting of interested groups I thought that was a good thing - exactly the type of thing that the Welsh government should be doing but to turn the event into a political event by blaming the UK government for the rioting was crass and inappropriate. Incidentally I think Alun Michael is one of the good guys especially when he was an MP who left no stone unturned to get to the root of a problem. To condemn him this early is simply wrong. He will get to the bottom of this and, if the Police were in any way to blame, (which is doubtful on present evidence) I believe he will say so.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    The first picture released did show the Police following two lads on an e bike even though they are not meant to be driven on the road or to carry passengers. They are off road bikes only. However, later pictures revealed the Police turning off onto another road and the accident happened when the Police were a long way away on another street. However, it's odd that the Police did turn off especially as the bike was carrying a passenger with the pillion dragging his feet along the ground. Nonetheless I can't see how the rioting was warranted.

When i heard that Drakeford was chairing a meeting of interested groups I thought that was a good thing - exactly the type of thing that the Welsh government should be doing but to turn the event into a political event by blaming the UK government for the rioting was crass and inappropriate. Incidentally I think Alun Michael is one of the good guys especially when he was an MP who left no stone unturned to get to the root of a problem. To condemn him this early is simply wrong. He will get to the bottom of this and, if the Police were in any way to blame, (which is doubtful on present evidence) I believe he will say so.
    With respect many commenting here clearly do not know the area. The police are using that to their advantage. It isn't strange the police turned the other way as there are bollards a bike can get through but not a car. Police had no choice but to turn the other way. There is no dispute now the boys were being actively pursued (although not chased with blue lights).

Also not seen it mentioned here but many think the boys were hit by a bus (as was widely reported) but cardiff bus issued a statement yesterday that none of their vehicles were involved.

The families have reported police were telling people at the scene no police were involved yet a video was being shown to people in the crowd at the scene of the chase (active pursuit) which is what sparked the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post

I think drakeford should have kept politics out of it , it's an embarrassment in my opinion

This is a terrible accident and Alun Micheal and South Wales Police have been economical with the truth here

I think heads should roll , the big wigs have all looked completely incompetent