+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Riot in Ely

Re: Riot in Ely

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Back on the news kids stealing and riding and driving these bikes, motorbikes and quads causing chaos and ruining peoples lives, the police should be able to chase and try arrest people breaking the law.
    Agree. Would love to see them start with those bastards in Westminster mate. Get in!

Back on the news kids stealing and riding and driving these bikes, motorbikes and quads causing chaos and ruining peoples lives, the police should be able to chase and try arrest people breaking the law.
    Yeah heard this on Five Live this morning. Bloke from Middlesbrough, in quite a state poor bloke.

I used to do a lot of work in various estates around Cardiff and it was always cited as a huge issue. There's been a lot of mitigation in parks to try and slow down scramblers, scooters and the like

Isn't it easier to get them on camera, identify them and give them a knock on the door early morning?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Isn't it easier to get them on camera, identify them and give them a knock on the door early morning?
    I think the problem is that they generally don't get that knock on the door. Otherwise, whilst not entirely disagreeing, what do you do if they crash into and severely injure a child because you chose not to arrest them? Theres no easy answer really.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I think the problem is that they generally don't get that knock on the door. Otherwise, whilst not entirely disagreeing, what do you do if they crash into and severely injure a child because you chose not to arrest them? Theres no easy answer really.
    I assumed that South Wales Police are not currently engaging these individuals directly and at the scene since last year's events?

I finding it hard that Cardiff Council, South Wales Police don't know who the offenders are? I'm also assuming the relevant authorities would be looking at ASB orders/injunctions for repeat offenders.

I'm not sure what the answer is but I do think the community have an integral role to play in it.

I assumed that South Wales Police are not currently engaging these individuals directly and at the scene since last year's events?

I finding it hard that Cardiff Council, South Wales Police don't know who the offenders are? I'm also assuming the relevant authorities would be looking at ASB orders/injunctions for repeat offenders.

I'm not sure what the answer is but I do think the community have an integral role to play in it.
    Jordi, It all sounds very reasonable but the courts are part of the problem. Yes, they know who the offenders are but issuing ASB orders requires a ton of paperwork, and even when they are handed out it requires the police to enforce them.

Local communities do have an integral role to play. But I can assure you that if you take these 'kids' on you're going to be taking on their parents, older friends, drug gangs, and the like. I've been there. Been on the receiving end of this stuff in Grangetown. People don't want to hear it and think it's politically motivated, but police, courts, community initiatives, youth training schemes, young people facilities, support networks, and social services have no f*cking money and therefore are effectively ineffectual!

Here you go. This is the kind of thing that's going on and local people are powerless to stop it. This is Grangetown/Butetown. Just a gnats-dick away from the gleaming new BBC Wales building.

https://x.com/stmarysCF10/status/1747709318902751260

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Jordi, It all sounds very reasonable but the courts are part of the problem. Yes, they know who the offenders are but issuing ASB orders requires a ton of paperwork, and even when they are handed out it requires the police to enforce them.

Local communities do have an integral role to play. But I can assure you that if you take these 'kids' on you're going to be taking on their parents, older friends, drug gangs, and the like. I've been there. Been on the receiving end of this stuff in Grangetown. People don't want to hear it and think it's politically motivated, but police, courts, community initiatives, youth training schemes, young people facilities, support networks, and social services have no f*cking money and therefore are effectively ineffectual!

Here you go. This is the kind of thing that's going on and local people are powerless to stop it. This is Grangetown/Butetown. Just a gnats-dick away from the gleaming new BBC Wales building.

https://x.com/stmarysCF10/status/1747709318902751260
    I entirely agree with you on the lack of services funding have contributed to the issue but there are processes available which are more penalty based but do take a considerable time to do. I'm assuming the resources are not there to pursue those processes.

I'm in Ely regularly, there are great community initiatives going on but it's not enough.

I entirely agree with you on the lack of services funding have contributed to the issue but there are processes available which are more penalty based but do take a considerable time to do. I'm assuming the resources are not there to pursue those processes.

I'm in Ely regularly, there are great community initiatives going on but it's not enough.
    It's the same in Butetown, Riverside, Grangetown. People are doing their best. Mrs Citizen is involved in all kinds of community projects but ASB is hard work to combat and can wear people down.

Whilst some criticised the police on the day of this 'ride out' after those 2 lads died, those involved had their day in court yesterday.

I'd rather that people don't ride around like dickheads to remember their mates, but I guess this is the best possible outcome.

22 people in court over ride-out to remember Ely teens killed in crash

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...wsApp_AppShare

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Whilst some criticised the police on the day of this 'ride out' after those 2 lads died, those involved had their day in court yesterday.

I'd rather that people don't ride around like dickheads to remember their mates, but I guess this is the best possible outcome.

22 people in court over ride-out to remember Ely teens killed in crash

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...wsApp_AppShare
    there are investigations into the police that day too so hopefully if any wrongdoing came from them .....and 3 are being questioned .....then i hope they face the courts too

Although I have my doubts

Quote Originally Posted by blue sky View Post
    Well you said that Wales isnt a ‘sovereign nation’. That isn't a terminology that’s normally used, ‘sovereign state’ is correct. Wales is a nation and a country but not a sovereign state.
    Wales is a 'Nation State' according to my Welsh Nat friends. What that means - who knows ..