+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Riot in Ely

Re: Riot in Ely

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    What law were they breaking?

Police have to do a risk assessment when considering a pursuit. These are kids who had no protective gear on.
    The arguement from the police .....after this footage emerged .....was that they were following at distance rather than in pursuit

Why they havnt admitted that and importantly admitted that when the community said this is what was happening .....is bizarre

Imagine being a young copper with good intentions going around the estate after all this ?

I would imagine they will be mobbed up in vans from now on

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    What law were they breaking?

Police have to do a risk assessment when considering a pursuit. These are kids who had no protective gear on.
    Speeding and not wearing a helmet for a start.

Ebikes that can go faster than 15mph on the road have to follow the same rules as a motorbike or moped. They were going faster than 15mph hence they are no longer alive. They have paid the ultimate price.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    There is a specific reason why it all kicked off, and I haven't seen anybody mention it on here.
    care to enlighten us?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    We have them in Taunton.
    And magic carpets?

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post

<>
    Add Snivel Servants plus Americans and Malaysians who own football clubs.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well it's at best misinformation
    Nonsense if he was a conservtive politician you would say he was lying the double standards are unbelievable.

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He will have had the information that there was no police chase from the officers on the ground

The question is why didn't they say that whilst they were not chasing the kids , they were following them .....which is what society expects

Why have the police got themselves into this situation ?

The locals were saying the kids were being chased .....followed ....tailed .....whatever ....by the police and they were right

And it could be argued it kicked off more than it should because the insinuation was that the police were saying the locals were not telling the truth
    Back peddling now it's a labour politician it can't be his fault for reporting what he was told now.

I saw the actual police superintendent, he was open he came straight out and said yes we were following them.

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    What is society coming to when the police cannot even follow two lads breaking the law dangerously.

The commissioner is not helping himself either but its a sad state of events when he cant come out and say yes we were chasing / following them because they were breaking the law.
    Exactly they were doing their job, if the police suspect you are committing a crime and you refuse to stop of course they should follow you.

What is society coming to when the police cannot even follow two lads breaking the law dangerously.

The commissioner is not helping himself either but its a sad state of events when he cant come out and say yes we were chasing / following them because they were breaking the law.
    The guilty are the victims these days same as St Mellons card deaths again kids . The first reaction is bkane the nasty copoers ffs their not the ones driving illegally, high on drugs, breaking law , scaring folk on bikes, burning cars . Scum

I don’t think officers are allowed to get involved in a pursuit, unless they are trained and then, it’s normally the traffic/road policing officers who have to get permission from a senior officer in the control room. The Met Police have adopted the policy of actually ramming motorbikes,scooters etc and the rate for this type of crime dropped dramatically. I think the Police and Alun Michael have shot themselves in the foot with the wrong information but the saddest thing, is two guys have lost their lives and I feel for their families and friends.

Yeah if they are too worried to even chase the little chavvy scumbags on their E scooters or whatever they are on then we are truly effed.

Slightly off topic, is there a problem in and around Merthyr with teenage gangs at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Nonsense if he was a conservtive politician you would say he was lying the double standards are unbelievable.
    You are being a complete arsehole

In the same way that the labour party were rightly criticised for labelling rishi sunack a child abuse sympathiser .....by loads of people in the labour party .....then if Alun Micheal is making a complete dogs dinner out of this then he deserves criticism and he's having plenty of it from people of all backgrounds

It's got nothing to do with his politics you silly fanny

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Slightly off topic, is there a problem in and around Merthyr with teenage gangs at the moment?
    JR Hartley has shot them all and sent their relatives to Russian salt mines

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    I don’t think officers are allowed to get involved in a pursuit, unless they are trained and then, it’s normally the traffic/road policing officers who have to get permission from a senior officer in the control room. The Met Police have adopted the policy of actually ramming motorbikes,scooters etc and the rate for this type of crime dropped dramatically. I think the Police and Alun Michael have shot themselves in the foot with the wrong information but the saddest thing, is two guys have lost their lives and I feel for their families and friends.
    The deputy chief constable walked out of the press conference

They seem to be running around like the keystone cops

Mark Dripford has made a statement now, he’ll get it sorted out !

Statement from the Deputy CC including an updated timeline

https://fb.watch/kK1X9LR7LI/

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Jesus. That's nuts.

I feel sorry for the owner of that red car.
    of course you did..who gives a feck about the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    There was. It’s been nipped in the bud.

Called themselves the YADs - Young and Deadly. Just bullying little wankers picking on people in big gangs. They are about 13 to 15.

There was. It’s been nipped in the bud.

Called themselves the YADs - Young and Deadly. Just bullying little wankers picking on people in big gangs. They are about 13 to 15.

Ok thanks for the update

I drove back to Barry from the UHW this evening and a fair police presence on cowbridge Rd West, pairs of police stood on a few corners, a few vans packed in the lay-bys / pull-ins

Speeding and not wearing a helmet for a start.

Ebikes that can go faster than 15mph on the road have to follow the same rules as a motorbike or moped. They were going faster than 15mph hence they are no longer alive. They have paid the ultimate price.
    I'm glad that someone has had the courage to say the bleedin' obvious. Here were two lads without protective headgear on an e-bike designed for one person, and going at quite a speed. The police are in an impossible situation here I think. If they are said to have been "chasing" these lads then it is argued they must have contributed to their deaths whereas if they merely "followed" them, then shouldn't we ask why didn't they try to stop them and thus prevent them killing themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I'm glad that someone has had the courage to say the bleedin' obvious. Here were two lads without protective headgear on an e-bike designed for one person, and going at quite a speed. The police are in an impossible situation here I think. If they are said to have been "chasing" these lads then it is argued they must have contributed to their deaths whereas if they merely "followed" them, then shouldn't we ask why didn't they try to stop them and thus prevent them killing themselves.
    Lets also be honest here, the people out Rioting will not need a huge excuse to launch bricks at the police and burn out cars

Of course the Police should have been following them, do we let these type of idiots blast around on 30mph ( plus ) E-bikes and just say " oh thats ok, we dont want to upset them " then they slam into a old dear coming back from the corner shop and kill her

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    The issue is why have they not been straight from the start

It's embarrassing they are like the chuckle brothers

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Lets also be honest here, the people out Rioting will not need a huge excuse to launch bricks at the police and burn out cars

Of course the Police should have been following them, do we let these type of idiots blast around on 30mph ( plus ) E-bikes and just say " oh thats ok, we dont want to upset them " then they slam into a old dear coming back from the corner shop and kill her
    Being honest is what the police should have been doing from the start

We have had the police chief saying one thing , a chief superintendent saying something else ......once footage emerged of the van following them .....and today the assistant chief constable is in front of the press and cameras again ......admitting a van WAS following the boys

What's all that about and they must think some people came down in the last shower of rain ? !

The issue is not regarding the deaths of those two boys . Or criminal activity following the crash .

It's about the police reaction . It's all very well talking about the hard job the police have but nobody is forced to join and those at the top have got to engage properly and professionally with the public after incidents like this.

It's almost as if Cardiff City are running the show .