+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Riot in Ely

Re: Riot in Ely

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's an idiot. It's the dog i'm more concerned about.
    The dog and the baby

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's an idiot. It's the dog i'm more concerned about.
    100% Me too

I kept watching to see if he got home safely. But if he doesn't care, why should I?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I kept watching to see if he got home safely. But if he doesn't care, why should I?
    As Tuerto said…it’s the dog I’m worried about.

He's just walked up to the coppers who have been at it with the mob said hello then walked back through the locals who have given other people filming a kicking .....back to his car

He must be incredibly stupid or be very handy

Probably thought he was doing a public service in streaming it live, but, in reality he's just gathering plenty of evidence for the police.

One of the burnt-out cars belonged to a disabled woman - all she could do was watch them set fire to it . (from the BBC report)
    Mindless yobs

Damage your neighbours property, yea that will show them.

Idiots the lot of them, they think they can do what they want. So often I see Cardiff Bus have to stop routes when it’s dark because of anti social issues in Ely.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Give your head a wobble spreading rumours like that based on social media gossiping.
    'according to twitter'. I was hardly giving it a ringing endorsement. Is it that you don't understand things? Or just pretend not to

Horrendous scenes, must be horrible for residents waking up this morning, knowing they've got neighbours capable of that mindless destruction

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Probably thought he was doing a public service in streaming it live, but, in reality he's just gathering plenty of evidence for the police.
    Plod will love him for what he’s done for them there…..plenty clearly visible throwing stones at police….bye ��

My god, completely brain dead lot.

Must be tough on the elderly and vulnerable.

Wish we could use water cannon and gas cannisters like a lot of European countries.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    That fella doing his his tube filming is going to get whacked
    He won’t , he can look after himself

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Wish we could use water cannon and gas cannisters like a lot of European countries.
    Thank God the police didn't. There was a Baby on the scene and quite a few children.

You'd be happy for them to use tear gas in a residential area?!

I thought you'd be more of a rubber bullets kind of guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    He won’t , he can look after himself
    Not if he was surrounded by 5 of them

Even Bruce Lee said to run away from that

Sad that 2 young people died there. Social media rumours to blame for the aftermath it seems. Sorry business all round.
    On a wider point, I was in Bristol recently and witnessed motorised scooters weaving in and out of rush hour traffic, no helmets, no protection. These 2 in Ely won't be the last unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Sad that 2 young people died there. Social media rumours to blame for the aftermath it seems. Sorry business all round.
    On a wider point, I was in Bristol recently and witnessed motorised scooters weaving in and out of rush hour traffic, no helmets, no protection. These 2 in Ely won't be the last unfortunately.
    I see loads of Surron-style electric scramblers being driven by kids without helmets, they hit speeds of 50mph+ and don't tend to stop at red lights. They are silent and look like normal bikes from a distance so much easier to manage than the traditional noisy scramblers.

First Team

At the risk of sounding like a miserable old git these electric scooters are a right old pain.
    The concept is fine but, generally speaking, once you add human beings into the equation it all falls down.
    Excessive speeding on the pavements is a given and woe betide you if you don't have the reflexes of an Olympic gymnast in terms of getting out of the way.
    I noticed that several rail companies have now banned them on the basis of a fire risk but judging by my commute this morning that is being ignored as widely as the other laws relating to their use.
    On the plus side cyclists can now be seen as almost paragons of virtue compared to the scooter brigade.
    Before I get accussed of being Clarkson in disguise I fully acknowledge that car drivers are seemingly now all coked up as well.

Aren’t these scooters banned from roads and pavements?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Aren’t these scooters banned from roads and pavements?
    not in Bristol, I think they're great