+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Riot in Ely

Re: Riot in Ely

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    There is a specific reason why it all kicked off, and I haven't seen anybody mention it on here.
    Which is?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    It was a sur-ron e bike not a scooter, they're dangerously fast and you see a lot of them around Ely.

A lot of Ely residents saying it was a police chase, so who knows. Surprised so many people actually trust south wales police with their track record. They're notoriously the most corrupt force in the UK? I've had a terrible experience with them about 10 years ago, with false statements produced. So I'm not automatically believing there wasn't a chase, My mate who lives in Ely told me about the incident, and the rumour about the police chase/bus involved, a while before the riots broke out. I'll wait for the truth to come out.

The riots are a disgrace by the way, causing more bother for neighbours than the police.
    The cctv appears to show a van following a bike. For it to be a police 'chase' then authority would have to be given based on the circumstances at the time. The driver also needs to be an advanced driver.
    I doubt that this was an authorised chase or pursuit, and that the van was just following at a safe distance, whatever the perception and interpretationof those that saw it.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Which is?
    Because Bamba and Morison have been linked with the Managers job!

International

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65687785

CCTV shows police following bike..
    That van was quite close, and looked like a chase to me, why were they chasing/following them?

It was a sur-ron e bike not a scooter, they're dangerously fast.
    It’s basically an electric trials or motor cross bike but classified as a cycle and capable of 50mph & bleeding expensive, £4.5k to £5k

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-65687785

CCTV shows police following bike..
    The police may have been following to ensure safety but they could be seen as chasing ?

Wtf are the police doing denying they were involved in this matter before the death of these kids ?

They look very bad now this footage has come to light

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    That van was quite close, and looked like a chase to me, why were they chasing/following them?
    Wether it was an authorised chase or not that will appear as the police on the heels of those two kids

And when they have earlier said they were not involved in the chase and only attended after the crash you can't blame people for being very angry

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Wether it was an authorised chase or not that will appear as the police on the heels of those two kids

And when they have earlier said they were not involved in the chase and only attended after the crash you can't blame people for being very angry
    Yes, it is starting to unfold, those types of electric bikes with a throttle are illegal, I think the police have the power to confiscate and crush them.

It was a sur-ron e bike not a scooter, they're dangerously fast and you see a lot of them around Ely.

A lot of Ely residents saying it was a police chase, so who knows. Surprised so many people actually trust south wales police with their track record. They're notoriously the most corrupt force in the UK? I've had a terrible experience with them about 10 years ago, with false statements produced. So I'm not automatically believing there wasn't a chase, My mate who lives in Ely told me about the incident, and the rumour about the police chase/bus involved, a while before the riots broke out. I'll wait for the truth to come out.

The riots are a disgrace by the way, causing more bother for neighbours than the police.
    It always surprises me how quick people are to believe what the police say after an incident, especially considering their track record. Natural reaction to authority figures perhaps?

I've never understood smashing up your own community, the destruction last night was disgusting.

I nearly knocked down a kid on a
    electric scooter..
    Thety are a fuvking nuisance.
    No road tax, no insurance, why is it the fault of the police?
    That's their job to keep the likes of these idiots off the roads.
    Very sad though for the loss of life, for the parents and for the police who had to scrap the bodies off the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    electric scooter..
    Very sad though for the loss of life, for the parents and for the police who had to scrap the bodies off the floor.
    It's not the fault of the police but it is the job of the police to admit if they were following a vehicle

And they denied that initially

But now they seem to have been caught with their pants down

International

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    electric scooter..
    It was a matter of time before there was a serious incident with an illegal electric bike/scooter, they have been an accident waiting to happen. I expect there will e a big clampdown on them and illegal unlicensed trial bikes and quad bikes.

The people of Ely have always been revolting

It's not the fault of the police but it is the job of the police to admit if they were following a vehicle

Their statements both this morning and this evening have been carefully worded. For example they have stated they didn't have vehicles on Snowdon road at the time of the crash which could end up meaning they were just in a side street about to turn into Snowdon Road.

Quote Originally Posted by HiVis View Post
    The people of Ely have always been revolting
    Nice line but a bit disparaging. My experience both growing up and later is that some of the best and worst of humanity live cheek by jowl with each other in some of these areas. It's a constant battle for those fantastic people who give a feck about their community to win over those that don't and convert a few along the way.

When my daughter was at Swansea University she had a year in Port Tennant. I remember passing one terraced house where there was a discarded settee in an overgrown front garden. Next door a woman was polishing the front window stones of her spotlessly clean home.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    Their statements both this morning and this evening have been carefully worded. For example they have stated they didn't have vehicles on Snowdon road at the time of the crash which could end up meaning they were just in a side street about to turn into Snowdon Road.
    they claimed the police car was on grand avenue

The police may have been following to ensure safety but they could be seen as chasing ?

Wtf are the police doing denying they were involved in this matter before the death of these kids ?

They look very bad now this footage has come to light
    If we can’t trust the police to tell the truth about the most basic of things, then what hope have we got.

This was a calculated lie. There’s no mistake or rubbish about the police being in a different road. They thought they could get away with it so gave it a go.

To then say they can’t answer questions because the press office closed at 5pm…wow

What happened after is completely separate.

Many people don’t trust politicians, police, health leaders, what’s left?

Some of my best mates from following cardiff city are from Ely (Millbank) they are the some of the kindest and most loyal friends I’ve ever met.

Not sure why hivis would post such a moronic thing

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    If we can’t trust the police to tell the truth about the most basic of things, then what hope have we got.

This was a calculated lie. There’s no mistake or rubbish about the police being in a different road. They thought they could get away with it so gave it a go.

To then say they can’t answer questions because the press office closed at 5pm…wow

What happened after is completely separate.

Many people don’t trust politicians, police, health leaders, what’s left?
    Well said.

Plenty of good people in Ely, I'm there most days working, lots of unseen good work going on in the community. I'd prefer to concentrate on those people, although in defence of Hivis's poor attempt at humour, I do think that he was joking, a play on words, I'm sure it's feedy, and I don't think that he's like that.

There's been a suggestion that they were hit by a bus.
    Only seen an early tweet, can't imagine it being true and the bus co (prob Cardiff Bus) not saying something.
    And don't all busses have dashcams these days?

Following a vehicle and chasing a vehicle are two completely different things though aren't they?

I've not been following this too much, but how long before they crashed was the cctv footage showing a police van behind them?

Also, the sooner there's a total ban on electric/motorised scooters and bikes(or at least massive fines for people riding them like massive *****) the better for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by nomad blue View Post
    Following a vehicle and chasing a vehicle are two completely different things though aren't they?

I've not been following this too much, but how long before they crashed was the cctv footage showing a police van behind them?

Also, the sooner there's a total ban on electric/motorised scooters and bikes(or at least massive fines for people riding them like massive *****) the better for everyone.
    supposedly the video clip that has been shared was taken at 5:59 and the crash occurred at 6pm about 100 metres from the position of the camera

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    supposedly the video clip that has been shared was taken at 5:59 and the crash occurred at 6pm about 100 metres from the position of the camera
    They were chasing them, absolutely crazy. These young lads had no protective gear on, and two of them on the bike. The police would have known who they were and could have caught up with them a bit later on quite easily. Some of these coppers are ****ing arseholes, on one for some reason, plenty of decent coppers as well. I had an experience a few weeks back in Ely with three armed police officers in balaclavas, not saying it wasn't merited, but they go in heavy up there, and often.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    There's been a suggestion that they were hit by a bus.
    Only seen an early tweet, can't imagine it being true and the bus co (prob Cardiff Bus) not saying something.
    And don't all busses have dashcams these days?
    There was a (blurred out) still from a video apparently showing officers giving cpr to the boys. Next to them was a bus. I'd imagine anything recorded by the bus has been handed over.