Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10€ A Pint!!

Re: 10€ A Pint!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I didn’t have any issues.
    https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...at-the-thieves

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    He needs to head back into his mindfulness retreat. I think he'll end up doing a job there. Got a soft spot for the Jets back to Ken O"Brien days and I do like the head coach, he was a class act in SF.
    Talking of which, if you think the Jets may have injury woes at QB, the 9ers may start the season with Sam Darnold. I'm sure you remember him
    They should have stuck with Jimmy G.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Sounds like it was a wonderful experience.
    It was actually pretty miserable. A Thursday night in late December in the middle of a "Bomb Cyclone". The Jets opened the scoring with a field goal in the first quarter and that's all they would score in the entire game. They didn't even get close. The QB, Zach Wilson was getting booed and eventually got pulled from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It was actually pretty miserable. A Thursday night in late December in the middle of a "Bomb Cyclone". The Jets opened the scoring with a field goal in the first quarter and that's all they would score in the entire game. They didn't even get close. The QB, Zach Wilson was getting booed and eventually got pulled from the game.
    I wasn't being serious, old fruit.

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Yep, not impressed. P & O greed, too many passengers.
    I was on in January, it was good for the Caribbean, but the top is short of space isn't it, we made friends with this couple from Derby and he was always up at 5 so we always had a bed 👍

It's probably busier in the med with everyone rushing off to see the cities, it's a bit too busy really.

International

I had a similar experience in that a policeman in our group had his wallet stolen.

I keep my wallet in my front pocket in such places and I never hand over or take anything from strangers.
    As some of you may know, I travel a great deal but I never stop learning regarding the scams that take place in relation to tourists, whether it be the old 'silly string' scenarios, fake undercover policemen, making you drop a mobile phone that someone asked you to take a photo with or even fake passport offices.
    Barca has always been ok, I did see a group of teenagers distracting people in Rome, so covered my wallet, it seemed worse there.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Barca has always been ok, I did see a group of teenagers distracting people in Rome, so covered my wallet, it seemed worse there.
    Everywhere is OK until you are turned over. For me, the place that takes the biscuit (so far) is the Thai-Cambodian border where there are are fake passport/immigration post in no-man's land (which is heaving with panhandlers, traders and and all sorts ofpeople) before you reach the real one and where the officials try to rip you off further. Thankfully, I knew about it all in advance and avoided the fake offices and refused to pay the additional $10 fee at the real immigration post. I was told to sit down in the office after my refusal but they obviously wanted the seat for some other mug that may have bowed to their demand and they sent meon my way.

Everywhere is OK until you are turned over. For me, the place that takes the biscuit (so far) is the Thai-Cambodian border where there are are fake passport/immigration post in no-man's land (which is heaving with panhandlers, traders and and all sorts ofpeople) before you reach the real one and where the officials try to rip you off further. Thankfully, I knew about it all in advance and avoided the fake offices and refused to pay the additional $10 fee at the real immigration post. I was told to sit down in the office after my refusal but they obviously wanted the seat for some other mug that may have bowed to their demand and they sent meon my way.
    poi pet?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    poi pet?
    Why, aye, canny lad

It was an NFL game. I tipped 20% too. So more like $77. The ticket to the game was free though.
    Why?

I wasn't being serious, old fruit.
    I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Why?
    Why did I tip? Because it's customary and appreciative, and I wanted to.

Why did I tip? Because it's customary and appreciative, and I wanted to.
    I’d deffo phone that in and say good choice as you had a free ticket.

Although I don’t like the pressure to tip in the US, also dislike the over friendly attention to get it.

I’d deffo phone that in and say good choice as you had a free ticket.

Although I don’t like the pressure to tip in the US, also dislike the over friendly attention to get it.
    Most bartenders' pay is over 90% tips. If someone makes the effort to be attentive and "over friendly" I think they deserve a tip.

Most bartenders' pay is over 90% tips. If someone makes the effort to be attentive and "over friendly" I think they deserve a tip.
    That’s the US issue though if they aren’t paying people properly, I’m not going to just tip because it’s standard if I’ve received poor service or if the over friendly service has made me in comfortable, I ain’t tipping. I guess if everyone keeps tipping it’s allowing for bars and restaurants to under pay staff. Putting pressure on customers to pay wages isn’t really the right way imo.

That’s the US issue though if they aren’t paying people properly, I’m not going to just tip because it’s standard if I’ve received poor service or if the over friendly service has made me in comfortable, I ain’t tipping. I guess if everyone keeps tipping it’s allowing for bars and restaurants to under pay staff. Putting pressure on customers to pay wages isn’t really the right way imo.
    You're right, but taking it out on wait staff and bartenders is not going to solve anything. Especially if you're a tourist.

I paid $16 for a can of Stella at a Jets game last year.
    Are the riches of life . That's twice the hourly rate of the person who sold to you .

You're right, but taking it out on wait staff and bartenders is not going to solve anything. Especially if you're a tourist.
    Some New York barman turn over good money on tips I Stayed in NYC hotel that sold beer at 9 dollars they keep the dollar each time and serve hundreds of pints a night , he said his minimum wage was only 5 dollars an hour . I suggested he get a union, he thought for a bit and said nah I earn too much to take that risk . I left spent next 9 dollars on a six pack.

I hate the US tipping culture, it's such bullshit, especially when they try to impose it elsewhere.

I'll tip 20% if im in the states, but I won't be happy about it

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I hate the US tipping culture, it's such bullshit, especially when they try to impose it elsewhere.

I'll tip 20% if im in the states, but I won't be happy about it
    I always tip even in the UK, I’m a believer that money needs to flow.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Barcelona can be a bit dodgy for tourists I hear ?
    Your right Paul not a mothercare in sight if your in the the sh@t