+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When will we appoint a manager then?

Re: When will we appoint a manager then?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I'm not knocking it I just don't think we'll end up a name that will unite the majority of the fan base.

I know Barry have added to their coaching staff so maybe it could happen.
    With city and Swansea both looking for new managers,i wonder which club will make the best choice? I know which club my money will be on.

Apparently we have transfer targets. WTF? Whatever happened to getting a manager in and letting him sort out the recruitment? I remember Dave Jones saying that, when he was appointed, he told Sam Hammam to sell whatever he needed to and Jones would sort out the rest when he got back from his holidays.

I've never heard of something so utterly goofy in football - the board bringing in players for the new manager to work with. Feck me sideways with a banjo.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Apparently we have transfer targets. WTF? Whatever happened to getting a manager in and letting him sort out the recruitment? I remember Dave Jones saying that, when he was appointed, he told Sam Hammam to sell whatever he needed to and Jones would sort out the rest when he got back from his holidays.

I've never heard of something so utterly goofy in football - the board bringing in players for the new manager to work with. Feck me sideways with a banjo.
    The club have a recruitment team. That's how they spotted Jamie Collins etc. For the record, the Riddler signed Loovens.

It is absolutely insane we're trying to sign players without a manager though. What if we sign a few wingers and the new manager plays 3-5-2? I know what you're thinking, the club wouldn't do something so clueless

No manager, no Director of Football and the Transfer Committee - Tan, Dalman and Choo - sorting out the new signings. What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    The club have a recruitment team. That's how they spotted Jamie Collins etc. For the record, the Riddler signed Loovens.

It is absolutely insane we're trying to sign players without a manager though. What if we sign a few wingers and the new manager plays 3-5-2? I know what you're thinking, the club wouldn't do something so clueless
    Isn’t that what a director of football does though and everyone seems to want one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

Ridsdale did sign Loovens and Jones was against it.

Cardiff City do something clueless? C'mon. Every day I wake up refreshed in the knowledge that our club is being so well run.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Ridsdale did sign Loovens and Jones was against it.
    Ridsdale was heavily involved in a number of key signings when Jones was manager. Bothroyd and McPhail were two examples.