+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When will we appoint a manager then?

When will we appoint a manager then?

27th May today. Safety was mathematically assured on 29th April.

City till I die and blind loyalty etc etc but this is an absolute joke.

Either the club are making lots of job offers and we are getting rejected/laughed at or they are barely trying.

I wonder what the players make of this? Again blind loyalty aside if I was a player I'd be wanting my agent to get me the hell out. Clubs a circus.

Re: When will we appoint a manager then?

It was predictable. Rudderless.

Not so sure on the players. They will know it's a circus but I think most are fortunate to be at champ level and won't be rocking tans boat too much.

I don't know the answer but I do know we are the least attractive we've been since Tan bought us.

Rather take the time and get it right . Perhaps we are waiting for a contract run down or someone we can afford .

The club will be aware of the impact this is having on season tickets sales and hope.

Luckily we havent many players other clubs will want.

I reckon Maguiness will be rooting for Wednesday though and with 1 year left on his deal I reckon he will get a move.

We are of course a shambles of a club and the only change I can see is if someone from somewhere buys Tan out.

The lack of noise is deafening.

Vinny’s waiting for Big Sam (not Murphy )

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I don't know the answer but I do know we are the least attractive we've been since Tan bought us.
    I imagine we have a terrible reputation amongst potential managers, most never work again, hence we try to find one from within like Hudson, or Bamba probably purse soon or joe Ledley…..pretty convinced we will be down next season miracle we fluked it this one

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    I imagine we have a terrible reputation amongst potential managers, most never work again, hence we try to find one from within like Hudson, or Bamba probably purse soon or joe Ledley…..pretty convinced we will be down next season miracle we fluked it this one
    I see Trollope is part of the Luton coaching staff

Rob Edwards if Luton loose

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Luckily we havent many players other clubs will want.

I reckon Maguiness will be rooting for Wednesday though and with 1 year left on his deal I reckon he will get a move.

We are of course a shambles of a club and the only change I can see is if someone from somewhere buys Tan out.
    Make him captain

lets make the team the board and let the board get on the pitch, i doubt we would see much difference

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Make him captain
    Make him manager

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I see Trollope is part of the Luton coaching staff
    Not a good choice for our number 1 but to be fair an excellent reputation before and after us, at club and international level, for being a very respected and successful coach.

Weeks, months, who knows with this mob. It’s gone beyond a shit show and the clubs hierarchy is embarrassing. No direction, no plan, as we’ve said many times before, these guys at the helm are literally making it up as they go.
    All this talk about uncle Vinnie bailing us out of “his own pocket” over the years to keep us trading, well that’s great but has he not been the chairman and owner for 13 years so surely he’s the one who’s got us into this mess? Why should we hail him dipping into his wealth when he’s just made bad appointment and decisions one after another?
    So no I’m not anticipating a new manager any time soon whilst the three amigos faff about so It’ll probably be Bamba mid July and Unfortunately we’ll just be stuck with it.
    Frustrating. But hey there’s worse things going on in the world and at least the suns out. For the time being.
    Rant over. Going to have a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Not a good choice for our number 1 but to be fair an excellent reputation before and after us, at club and international level, for being a very respected and successful coach.
    Wouldn't be the only manager that applied to. We've ruined a fair few reputations over the years.

I have insider knowledge and think it's time to bring it to a wider audience.

Vincent Tan is going to appoint himself as manager as, in his own words, "it will cut out the middle man". At present, City's managers have been mouthpieces for Tan himself; Tan buys the player and picks the team. Tan reckons he's got what it takes to motivate the team remotely via Zoom, and large TV screens are set to be installed in the home changing room at the CCS. With the savings this will make, Tan is delighted to have reduced our wagebill further.

What I don’t get is we waste money on transfer fees and wages but won’t pay for a manager, if I was an owner I’d make the manager the priority, surely it saves you a fortune having someone who can developer and manager the “talent”.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    What I don’t get is we waste money on transfer fees and wagesbut won’t pay for a manager, if I was an owner I’d make the manager the priority, surely it saves you a fortune having someone who can developer and manager the “talent”.
    Do we? We’ve not been big spenders for a while now with most of our recent transfer windows heavily featuring loans and freebies. We’ve also cut the wage bill considerably in recent years.

I said this on the other thread, if it was going to be Bamba or Morison or someone along those lines you’d expect them to have been announced or rumours to have started circulating about their appointment.

If it is going to be them, what’s the wait? They’re not going to be getting many (if any) offers and if that’s our ambitions then we’re clearly not waiting for someone else to pop up.

The only way this delay makes sense is if we’re waiting for the playoffs and other leagues to be completed and then trying to sign someone from another team.

If that isn’t the case and we do just end up promoting a coach or picking up a young free agent this wait is just bonkers.

We'll end up with someone like Lee Kendall.

The chances of us signing a manager that has a credible record at this level in recent years or a promising manager from lower leagues are slim.

Dinosaur or no credentials IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    We'll end up with someone like Lee Kendall.

The chances of us signing a manager that has a credible record at this level in recent years or a promising manager from lower leagues are slim.

Dinosaur or no credentials IMO.
    Don't knock it. Lee Kendall and gavin Chesterfield reuniting would be no worse than having tom ramasut around the 1st team.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Don't knock it. Lee Kendall and gavin Chesterfield reuniting would be no worse than having tom ramasut around the 1st team.
    I'm not knocking it I just don't think we'll end up a name that will unite the majority of the fan base.

I know Barry have added to their coaching staff so maybe it could happen.

Probably around mid July as Dictator won’t want to pay wages he doesn’t have to . Then it will be Bamba or Morison . Then the inept board will come out with the same crap that they were the best candidates. Then after a month or so the truth will come out that there was never anyone else interviewed or considered and the circus continues .

Lets be honest the clubs a f*cking joke.

Owned by a meglomaniac dictator and ran part time by two salesmen, neither of which has a scooby doo about football.

Cardiff City RIP