+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gutting for Geraint Thomas

Gutting for Geraint Thomas

Leading going into the last proper stage of the Giro d'Italia but lost out to an incredible time trial ride by pre-race favourite Primoz Roglic. Still, 2nd place and another podium finish in a grand tour is a fantastic achievement.

Re: Gutting for Geraint Thomas

It was a shame.

I don't normally watch the cycling but I got sucked into this Giro over the past 10 days and I really thought he would do it and hold Roglic off.

But Thomas can be proud of himself - an incredible athlete and person.

Chapeau G

Hats off to Geraint Thomas valiant effort to defend the pink jersey in the Giro just beaten by an inspired Rodlic riding a superb time trial right on the Slovenian border.
    Thomas is a credit to Wales and the sport of cycling Chapeau

It's been riveting watching the whole race. Gutted for G, but days like today are what make it a great sport.

oops didn't see this thread yes chapeau G credit to Wales and cycling
    mods can you combine threads please

& then he leads out Cav for the last stage win. Welsh / Manx combination, can’t get better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    & then he leads out Cav for the last stage win. Welsh / Manx combination, can’t get better than that.
    Nice.
    Really hope he can win one more stage in France in July.

Is G going to be in the Tour de France? We're going out for the stages in the Alps.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Is G going to be in the Tour de France? We're going out for the stages in the Alps.
    Don't think G is riding the TDF wouldn't surprise me to see him in the Vuelta, tear in the eye to see G lead out his mate Cav for a stage win in his final Giro, go on Cav beat the cannibals record in your last TDF, been an absolute pleasure to watch these two great sportsmen perform over the last decade plus Chapeau to both

That was brilliant to watch today. Cav has been devoid of decent team mates to lead him out in a sprint for a while, so for a mate to do it from another team was great to see.

Don't call him "G" for fcks sakes

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Don't call him "G" for fcks sakes
    Why not he's universally known as G He's even written a book called " the mountains according to G"

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    No, Vuelta next for him, after the national championships end of June. I'm going out for first 3 stages of Le Tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    Hats off to Geraint Thomas valiant effort to defend the pink jersey in the Giro just beaten by an inspired Rodlic riding a superb time trial right on the Slovenian border.
    Thomas is a credit to Wales and the sport of cycling Chapeau
    Drugs

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Drugs
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    Why not he's universally known as G He's even written a book called " the mountains according to G"
    Cycling toffs are obviously incapable of such linguistic feats , hence "G".

You probably know how to pronounce Geraint.

Just sounds wanky.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Cycling toffs are obviously incapable of such linguistic feats , hence "G".

You probably know how to pronounce Geraint.

Just sounds wanky.
    Far from it. I think it’s testament to his status, if someone talked about CR you’d know who they meant. Same with AWJ, but Geraint only needs one letter!

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Far from it. I think it’s testament to his status, if someone talked about CR you’d know who they meant. Same with AWJ, but Geraint only needs one letter!
    Bit of a stretch.....considering no one else in the world knows him as "G".....only english audiences.

I think it far more plausible that the home counties lads found saying "Geraint" a bit tiresome.

Sounds like the type of thing Matt Dawson would say...or someone who attended Warwick Uni.....very U-English.