+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tapping In On Wrexham’s Popularity

Tapping In On Wrexham’s Popularity

We should tap into the popularity of Wrexham and Wales amongst Americans by hosting Wrexham at the CCS to “welcome” them back to the EFL and have it included in ‘Welcome To Wrexham’.
    The CCS would be ideal as it’s the home of Welsh football and as the capital city club it would seem apt.
    The proceeds could go to a charity of Wrexham’s choosing.
    The publicity for Cardiff City would be priceless.

Re: Tapping In On Wrexham’s Popularity

I can remember when there was no love lost at all between the clubs. Whilst I am pleased for Wales and Welsh football there are 4 teams once again in the league, we should not be jumping on their bandwagon, it is nothing to do with us. Are you suggesting we should have recognised Swansea's League Cup win a few years ago?

What would we gain? Wrexham have featured many teams in their documentary, Grimsby got a decent chunk of screen time including a segment from their CEO if I recall.

We’re not going to get some yank bandwagon fans jumping on the CCFC train just because we hosted their beloved Wrexham.

No. I’m suggesting we get some free publicity.
    The fact that we are a fellow Welsh club makes us different to all the other clubs they’ve played.
    Crikey, there’s some boring old farts on this messageboard.
    I’m trying to suggest something to show our club in a good light and get it some exposure, as given that we never sell out our stadium and are being subsidised by our owner, god knows we could do with a leg up on the path to sustainability. It could maybe even attract a new owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    What would we gain? Wrexham have featured many teams in their documentary, Grimsby got a decent chunk of screen time including a segment from their CEO if I recall.

We’re not going to get some yank bandwagon fans jumping on the CCFC train just because we hosted their beloved Wrexham.
    how do you know that oh mighty knowledge? worked well in the prem

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet of Doom View Post
    I can remember when there was no love lost at all between the clubs. Whilst I am pleased for Wales and Welsh football there are 4 teams once again in the league, we should not be jumping on their bandwagon, it is nothing to do with us. Are you suggesting we should have recognised Swansea's League Cup win a few years ago?
    69 posts in 16 years and i think i know why

Think Wrexham have probably got bigger pre season fish to fry than us these days.

Not sure the PR would be priceless, and it is a rather tragic event for CCFC to be doing it, but I agree, it's not a bad idea.

Unfortunately as Bob says, Wrexham have bigger plans than a trip to sunny Leckwith

I don't think they will want to confuse the yank audience with the one team in Wales vibe.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I don't think they will want to confuse the yank audience with the one team in Wales vibe.
    I went on a date once with a woman who I met on Teletext dating.
    She was from Newport, she drove a white metro with black dots over it to look like a Doberman

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    how do you know that oh mighty knowledge? worked well in the prem
    You think the publicity from 12 months in the Premier League can be replicated with 10 minute slot in Wrexham’s documentary where we play a friendly against them?

Maybe we can become a feeder club for them, particularly when they get to the PL next year

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    I went on a date once with a woman who I met on Teletext dating.
    She was from Newport, she drove a white metro with black dots over it to look like a Doberman
    I’m not sure about the Yank audience but you’ve definitely confused me

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    We should tap into the popularity of Wrexham and Wales amongst Americans by hosting Wrexham at the CCS to “welcome” them back to the EFL and have it included in ‘Welcome To Wrexham’.
    The CCS would be ideal as it’s the home of Welsh football and as the capital city club it would seem apt.
    The proceeds could go to a charity of Wrexham’s choosing.
    The publicity for Cardiff City would be priceless.
    Nah, I the current Wrexham team would probably give our lot a damn good thrashing, which would be kind of humiliating

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I’m not sure about the Yank audience but you’ve definitely confused me
    I believe he’s thinking of a Dalmatian. Never seen a white and black Doberman.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    👍… realized. Shockingly I was just being a smart arse, but erred on side if it being a whoosh😂

Dalmatians, you rarely see them these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I got jumped on by a big one while walking up the Wenallt a few days ago. He actually knocked me over, but it was all in excitement rather than aggression.

My family’s had two Dalmatians. Best dogs we ever had. Real personalities.

This thread’s taken a turn. Your fault again.

I got jumped on by a big one while walking up the Wenallt a few days ago. He actually knocked me over, but it was all in excitement rather than aggression.

My family’s had two Dalmatians. Best dogs we ever had. Real personalities.

This thread’s taken a turn. Your fault again.
    Wrexham best be careful, they're on the radar of the Premier League elite who see them as a threat, no doubt. The two blokes that own them best be careful.....

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post

Possibly we attract a yank billionaire who fancies the chance to go up against gosling and co and sees the attraction.

Haven’t spotted one for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    69 posts in 16 years and i think i know why
    Quality outweighs quantity!

I remember seeing a pair of bisected dalmations on the railway line in Fairwater when coming home from school. The train had caught each of them and cut them into two as cleanly as you can imagine.