+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If you were a Plymouth, Ipswich or Wednesday fan

If you were a Plymouth, Ipswich or Wednesday fan

What would be your predictions?

I bet their own fans would be happy to stay up, yet we seem to be touting them as playoff contenders.

Re: If you were a Plymouth, Ipswich or Wednesday fan

I think they will be reasonably confident of safety.

Consolidate and kick on. All 3 have managers and are free to do full business in the window unlike us.

So throw in us , someone will probably have points deducted as well so safety should be ok.

Its going to depend on what sort of business they do to be fair. I think all 3 would be happy for safety but it wouldn't surprise me to see 1 in the play offs and 1 relegated.

The Championship is more or less the ‘pin the tail on the donkey’ league. Unfortunately ‘Donkey’ could well be the operative word for us next season.

Ipswich the pick of the bunch for me. Think they'll do the best out of the three.

Sheff Wed are old and not very good. Any team starting Pato at right back will be towards the bottom of the table. I loved him while he was here but the man turns like the Titanic.

Be interesting to see how Leicester do, £185 million wage bill….. and Leeds for that matter…..

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Be interesting to see how Leicester do, £185 million wage bill….. and Leeds for that matter…..
    Southampton have been poor, can't see them doing much next season. All 3 sides will lose top players.

All 3 teams coming up will strengthen, and should be able to do it without breaking the bank. Much easier to get decent players to come to a Championship club as opposed to league 1.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Southampton have been poor, can't see them doing much next season. All 3 sides will lose top players.
    Everyone was saying Burnley would struggle this time last year

I expect the Premiership teams to do well and at least one will go back up.

First Team

With so many unknowns i can't see that anyone can make anything other than a wild guess at this stage.
    Very much a hold off and wait to see how the transfer window pans out before having any confidence in how anyone wil do.

Don't know much about them but think all 3 have a good chance of staying up, NTT20 podcast seem to think Ipswich will be a best equipped to push on for next season.

I have no real knowledge of the players in each team etc but I would think;

Argyle. Buzzing to be back in the championship and looking forward to loads of away trips and hoping for a mid table finish then to push on. It's a big city and they could be a premier league team some day.

Ipswich. Positive about the future. Know they get near 30,000 every week so are already one of the big clubs. Probably hoping to flirt with the play offs.

Wednesday. Always seem to be a club a bit unsure of themselves. Huge club but really underperformed (this was their third stint in League one since leaving the premier league I think). Will be hoping the size of the club will attract big names and would probably be happy with mid table and to then push on.

I will say this. If I was a player looking to go somewhere, I think all three clubs seem more attractive than Cardiff City at the moment and that should worry us. Normally at least one small club comes up on a low budget who are hot favourites to go down. That isn't the case next season.

I think that they're the strongest 3 to come up for many years and none of them should be in danger of relegation. Put's the pressure on this season's bottom half. City must be one of the favourites for relegation.

With no manager , embargo , our loan players gone , a squad even with the loan players only saved from relegation by a points deduction we should be clear favourites for the drop.

Its difficult to find 1 club worse than us let alone 3.

Im stunned Season Ticket Sales have been so good.

Town fans in general are Very optimistic, lots think they will do back to back promotions

time will tell i guess

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    With no manager , embargo , our loan players gone , a squad even with the loan players only saved from relegation by a points deduction we should be clear favourites for the drop.

Its difficult to find 1 club worse than us let alone 3.

Im stunned Season Ticket Sales have been so good.
    And a board that doesn't even look at Managers, they look at people with no experience who aren't even higher-level coaches and give them a punt, they fail, they do it again, they fail they do it again and again.

This looks like a much stronger League this year, good teams coming down and coming up.

Agreed on paper, we should be going down as it stands.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    And a board that doesn't even look at Managers, they look at people with no experience who aren't even higher-level coaches and give them a punt, they fail, they do it again, they fail they do it again and again.

This looks like a much stronger League this year, good teams coming down and coming up.

Agreed on paper, we should be going down as it stands.
    What are the odds on us going down? Something I’ve never put money on but might aswell this coming season particularly if Tan gives Sol the job…..

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    What are the odds on us going down? Something I’ve never put money on but might aswell this coming season particularly if Tan gives Sol the job…..
    Oddschecker showing Bet365 offering 4/1 and William Hill 7/2.

Top 12 easily. They’ll strengthen their squads and all will easily be clear of the relegation zone. One of them could get into the Play offs. If I was a fan of any of the three clubs, I wouldn’t be worried at all.

Leicester City - 5/1
    Leeds United - 11/2
    Middlesbrough - 10/1
    Southampton - 10/1
    Ipswich Town - 14/1
    Norwich City - 14/1
    Watford - 14/1
    West Brom - 14/1
    Stoke City - 20/1
    Sunderland - 20/1
    Blackburn Rovers - 25/1
    Coventry City - 25/1
    Millwall - 25/1
    Sheffield Wednesday - 25/1
    Swansea City - 25/1
    Hull City - 28/1
    Birmingham City - 33/1
    Cardiff City - 33/1
    Bristol City - 40/1
    Plymouth Argyle - 40/1
    Preston North End - 40/1
    QPR - 40/1
    Huddersfield Town - 50/1
    Rotherham United - 80/1

How they can come up with that now I have no idea

Apart from Rotherham there are no 'minnows' in this league

We are fecked if we don't strengthen the first team - we need a goalkeeper, right back, left back, centre half, 2 midfielders, winger and striker

I'd put us on a par with Rotherham at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Leicester City - 5/1
    Leeds United - 11/2
    Middlesbrough - 10/1
    Southampton - 10/1
    Ipswich Town - 14/1
    Norwich City - 14/1
    Watford - 14/1
    West Brom - 14/1
    Stoke City - 20/1
    Sunderland - 20/1
    Blackburn Rovers - 25/1
    Coventry City - 25/1
    Millwall - 25/1
    Sheffield Wednesday - 25/1
    Swansea City - 25/1
    Hull City - 28/1
    Birmingham City - 33/1
    Cardiff City - 33/1
    Bristol City - 40/1
    Plymouth Argyle - 40/1
    Preston North End - 40/1
    QPR - 40/1
    Huddersfield Town - 50/1
    Rotherham United - 80/1

How they can come up with that now I have no idea

Apart from Rotherham there are no 'minnows' in this league

We are fecked if we don't strengthen the first team - we need a goalkeeper, right back, left back, centre half, 2 midfielders, winger and striker

I'd put us on a par with Rotherham at the moment
    harsh on Preston, they weren't far off a playoff spot with a couple of weeks to go.