+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Mehmet Dalman interview

New Mehmet Dalman interview

Opens the lid a little on the current goings on.

No chemistry between Tan and Lamouchi, Pre-season camps and friendlies arranged (but not revealed), one transfer done already before the new manager came in?, still can't pay fees for players and the reasons why

Details here on Scott Johnson's website

https://roathboy.com/roathboy-x-mehmet-dalman-2/

Re: New Mehmet Dalman interview

Not his biggest fan - IT’S HAPPENING - but those were some good questions by the interviewer imo.

So when the next Sala fee instalment is requested (by who and when - surely Nantes asap?) it will be for the remaining amount. Not 2nd of 3 equal chunks?

The partial explanation for the club missing the first FIFA/EFL payment deadline is interesting. I want to know more.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    So when the next Sala fee instalment is requested (by who and when - surely Nantes asap?) it will be for the remaining amount. Not 2nd of 3 equal chunks?

The partial explanation for the club missing the first FIFA/EFL payment deadline is interesting. I want to know more.
    If it wasn’t for the fact that they’ve appealed against the partial embargo, I’d be thinking that City may have been late with that first payment on purpose because they don’t want to be paying transfer fees at this time.

Yes, some interesting titbits there. Reading between lines, money is there there to pay the rest of the Sala fee, which I think shows Tan's continued commitment to the club. Perhaps the £12m or so he will get from the sale of his other club is going towards it.
    Seem to be hopeful of getting the so called embargo lifted. Hope the optimism is not displaced with the Riddler still on the EFL board.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If it wasn’t for the fact that they’ve appealed against the partial embargo, I’d be thinking that City may have been late with that first payment on purpose because they don’t want to be paying transfer fees at this time.
    That's exactly the scenario I was imagining.

!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    No chemistry between Tan and Lamouchi...
    This is interesting. The Chairman publicly sings the praises of the manager, the manager leaves regardless, the Chairman then reports there was no chemistry between the manager and the owner.

I'm glad Lamouchi has gone, didn't rate him at all, but this revelation from Dalman once again highlights how Cardiff City is currently operating. It's all about Tan.

"When we paid the first instalment, of £7.2m including interest, Vincent tried to send the money from Malaysia, but by the time the money was released, it took us past the 30 days."
    Very careless/costly.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    "When we paid the first instalment, of £7.2m including interest, Vincent tried to send the money from Malaysia, but by the time the money was released, it took us past the 30 days."
    Very careless/costly.
    Yep. They're either incompetent or lying.

I hope DML doesnt read this.🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I hope DML doesnt read this.��

Some really good questions and some really good honest answers to be fair.

I would like to know who the club had kept on whilst the managers didn’t want to.

He says he has constant dialogue with the fans trust but I don’t see a lot of it. I remember managers used to go around the towns speaking with fan groups. Can’t remember the last time that happened.

This is interesting too:
    "Apart from one transfer, all the other transfers are waiting for the new manager because the last thing I want to do is bring four or five players in that the new manager won’t want. I have one I’m trying to get over the line at the moment, regardless of the manager."

Who can they be trying to bring in that they want regardless of what the manager wants?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Yep. They're either incompetent or lying.
    This sounds like contrived bullshit for the masses. Does Salman not think before he opens his mouth? That statement just confirms either the incompetent management system and structure at the club or how the board tries to spin it's way out of trouble. Not a good look.

"When we paid the first instalment, of £7.2m including interest, Vincent tried to send the money from Malaysia, but by the time the money was released, it took us past the 30 days." Very careless/costly.
    It's just bullshit.

The Court of Arbitration for Sport announced they had dismissed City's appeal on 26/08/22. City released a statement on the same day saying the club had no intention of paying Nantes. It was then reported on 10/01/23 that City had decided to pay the fee and were hoping to have the FIFA embargo lifted.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It's just bullshit.

The Court of Arbitration for Sport announced they had dismissed City's appeal on 26/08/22. City released a statement on the same day saying the club had no intention of paying Nantes. It was then reported on 10/01/23 that City had decided to pay the fee and were hoping to have the FIFA embargo lifted.
    Yes a 24 or 72 hour wait fair enough.

But if what dalman is saying there is correct tan sent the money before 26/09/22?

So by 10/01/23 the money had been sent over 3 months ago?

This is interesting too:
    "Apart from one transfer, all the other transfers are waiting for the new manager because the last thing I want to do is bring four or five players in that the new manager won’t want. I have one I’m trying to get over the line at the moment, regardless of the manager."

Who can they be trying to bring in that they want regardless of what the manager wants?
    I assumed it’s Kaba. No idea though obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    Could be him. You can see why they might have decided he'd be an asset to anyone managing us.

Cant be Kaba hes under contract im sure they could get a fee for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    Scott Twine of Burnley was reported to be part of the package in the sale of Tans Belgian club.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Cant be Kaba hes under contract im sure they could get a fee for him.
    Could it be a loan involving no fee but with a commitment to buy at the end of 2023/24 by which time, all that embargo stuff will be over we promise.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Scott Twine of Burnley was reported to be part of the package in the sale of Tans Belgian club.
    Bet he's delighted with that.

Deleted
    Last edited by fugsyphil; 04-06-23 at 13:37. Reason: Duplicate post quoted wrong thing

Very careless/costly.
    This sounds eerily similar to the we thought he was insured scenario