+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Manager rumours.. - New name Vítor Campelos

Re: Manager rumours.. - New name Vítor Campelos

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    He hasn't done much at all and coming here will be quite the culture shock!

But then...beggars can't be choosers
    After over 60 years going down the City every game is still a culture shock to me!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    After over 60 years going down the City every game is still a culture shock to me!!
    Only 60yrs of torture? You young ones know nowt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    After ‘knows the club’.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0l3Fum29xA

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln blue View Post
    Only 60yrs of torture? You young ones know nowt.
    62nd season coming up

Lol!

62nd season coming up
    Sixty six straight season tickets for me, most seasons have been torture but the last few months of the season just ended were particularly awful.
    But as with all other seasons the summer break heals a lot of hurt and I'm raring to go again with hopefully an inspired managerial appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by lincoln blue View Post
    Sixty six straight season tickets for me, most seasons have been torture but the last few months of the season just ended were particularly awful.
    But as with all other seasons the summer break heals a lot of hurt and I'm raring to go again with hopefully an inspired managerial appointment.
    Now I feel better about my own disdain with the club.

I used to hate coming on here after a loss because it would be toxic as hell so I'd avoid it. I was dml lite, always the optimist when it comes to City. But this last season has made me just as angry and upset as the people I'd avoid. It's nice to know that these feelings are normal and that even a 66 year season ticket holder hated last season in particular.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    "knowing the league" is the most overrated concept in British football
    Do you think so?

We can agree to disagree, I know my industry reasonably well and understand the runnings of what I need to do in the UK, if I moved to France or Russia, I think I'd struggle like mad, sure it's the same job, but in a different language, culture, structure and different ideas.

Of course, people can cross borders and it can work as it does for Pep, but coming here and all the changes, and the way our club is run, maybe having to deal with Tan and Dalman, it would be easier for a boy from up the road than some other bloke from Portugal.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Do you think so?

We can agree to disagree, I know my industry reasonably well and understand the runnings of what I need to do in the UK, if I moved to France or Russia, I think I'd struggle like mad, sure it's the same job, but in a different language, culture, structure and different ideas.

Of course, people can cross borders and it can work as it does for Pep, but coming here and all the changes, and the way our club is run, maybe having to deal with Tan and Dalman, it would be easier for a boy from up the road than some other bloke from Portugal.
    It's hugely overstated - something like 8 of the last 10 premier league winning managers won the league at their first job in English football.
    Same goes for the championship, experienced managers from abroad have a pretty good track record here.

International

It's hugely overstated - something like 8 of the last 10 premier league winning managers won the league at their first job in English football.
    Same goes for the championship, experienced managers from abroad have a pretty good track record here.

Fair enough lets see how it goes

Assuming no announcement today then - maybe Tan has vetoed it or maybe it's all a load of old bollocks as usual

Shame the club can't work at pace!!

Yeah but the likes of Pep , Mancini etc will have a strong knowledge of the PL the team they are going to and exactly what is needed to use a huge war chest on with a virtual World Pool of players.

Its different to the Championship , an understanding of our squad and league and what is needed in what is certainly a survival scrap.

I think an understanding of the league , our squad and what is needed to survive in it would be a big advantage.

Has this Portuguese guy watched any of our games and indeed much Championship football.

Im sure Pep Klopp Mancini had seen plenty of PL games.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Assuming no announcement today then - maybe Tan has vetoed it or maybe it's all a load of old bollocks as usual

Shame the club can't work at pace!!
    I saw something on twitter (no idea how reliable) saying that Campelos is still under contract until June 30th so maybe that's the hold up?

Don't fancy this guy's record at all.....and don't want Nathan Jones......and yes...65 years I think I have an opinion.

.... started off well with Danny Malloy et al and then Jimmy Scoular and the European years....that was my favourite time, even above promotions this century....

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I saw something on twitter (no idea how reliable) saying that Campelos is still under contract until June 30th so maybe that's the hold up?
    That's bonkers if that's the case though as it gives him little or no time to work with the players bearing in mind we are short in several key areas - aren't we only left with Tom Ratsarse as our only coach now?

So bonkers fits our MO so it is probably true 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    ...aren't we only left with Tom Ratsarse as our only coach now?
    What happened to Bamba and Whitehead?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Still with the club but their contracts run out end of the month and nothing’s been done yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    God knows, when i first saw the name 'Vitor Campelos' i thought that we were after the bloke who sung Maniac from Flashdance, and i didn't even flinch.

It's only my opinion, but I would quite like him here. Works on tight budgets, looking to come to the EFL and make a mane for himself, and hopefully has a good network of contacts - something the club has been absolutely dire with.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It's only my opinion, but I would quite like him here. Works on tight budgets, looking to come to the EFL and make a mane for himself, and hopefully has a good network of contacts - something the club has been absolutely dire with.
    Having a mare. Somebody had to say it.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Bugger worrying about his hair, I want him to sort the team out. Is it an omen that he was born in Guimaraes, where we won our last cup competition?

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    Having a mare. Somebody had to say it.
    Could make us stable.

Bugger worrying about his hair, I want him to sort the team out. Is it an omen that he was born in Guimaraes, where we won our last cup competition?
    Hair maketh a man