+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Manager rumours.. - New name Vítor Campelos

Re: Manager rumours.. - New name Vítor Campelos

Chaves statement:

The Grupo Sports de Chaves and the respective SAD report that coach Vítor Campelos has not renewed his contract with this Sports Society.

Contracted on February 11, 2021, Vítor Campelos conquered our fan mass for the football quality exhibited, for sporting achievements (a divisional climb and maintaining it in a quiet way), and, above all, for the humanism with which he has always represented our club and our region!

It was the wish of this administration to continue counting on the services of Vítor Campelos, but unfortunately it was not possible.
    After an agreement has been reached, the coach has been faced with a new project, which everything indicates, abroad, which he intends to embrace.

We thank all the dedication and professionalism of Mr. Vítor Campelos and his technical team, wishing them the best personal and professional happiness.

Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Chaves statement:

The Grupo Sports de Chaves and the respective SAD report that coach Vítor Campelos has not renewed his contract with this Sports Society.

Contracted on February 11, 2021, Vítor Campelos conquered our fan mass for the football quality exhibited, for sporting achievements (a divisional climb and maintaining it in a quiet way), and, above all, for the humanism with which he has always represented our club and our region!

It was the wish of this administration to continue counting on the services of Vítor Campelos, but unfortunately it was not possible.
    After an agreement has been reached, the coach has been faced with a new project, which everything indicates, abroad, which he intends to embrace.

We thank all the dedication and professionalism of Mr. Vítor Campelos and his technical team, wishing them the best personal and professional happiness.

Thank you very much!
    Are bookies still taking odds?

Sounds done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    Having a mare. Somebody had to say it.
    my hero :

https://thedorsetcopperfish.co.uk/contact-me/

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Chaves statement:

Thank you very much!
    Out of post-Brexit curiosity, how does he get a work permit? Does the employer have to sponsor him? If (ha!) he gets the sack, would he have to leave the UK if he wouldn't find another post?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

Sounds done deal.
    Now 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post

Sounds done deal.
    1/3 currently, thought about it but t and c's are that he needs to still be in charge after 10 competitive games so not worth waiting until October for such a small profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Now 1-3.
    Thats decent odds. Doubt will be available for long

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    1/3 currently, thought about it but t and c's are that he needs to still be in charge after 10 competitive games so not worth waiting until October for such a small profit.
    They'll pay out when he gets appointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Sensible View Post
    That's likely for interim/caretaker managers.

He has left his current club now. Looks very much as if this is our guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    He has left his current club now. Looks very much as if this is our guy.
    I'd definitely have preferred Garcia, but let's see how he does

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'd definitely have preferred Garcia, but let's see how he does
    Garcia or Jones seemed a safer bet, let’s see.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It's only my opinion, but I would quite like him here. Works on tight budgets, looking to come to the EFL and make a mane for himself, and hopefully has a good network of contacts - something the club has been absolutely dire with.
    Can't see it myself but here's hoping

Anyone know if he speaks English?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Anyone know if he speaks English?
    LOM being brought in as interpreter.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    LOM being brought in as interpreter.
    He's something of an Enigma

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    He's something of an Enigma
    He loved Cody Drameh.

He loved Cody Drameh.
    Now he was a Colossus

He loved Cody Drameh.
    Didn't he originate from a crisis though?

My take on the probable appointment of Vitor Campelos.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Didn't he originate from a crisis though?
    Which turned into a comedy unfortunately.

yes agree with a lot of that.
    there are definitely concerns with this appointment:
    his top scorer in the last season was a center back with 7 goals - that doesn't seem sustainable and might indicate that they had a bit of a fortunate season
    are his achievements with Chaves a high watermark for him? and we've given him a big job that he's not up to on the back of that- a Portuguese Russel Slade in other words.
    he seems to play a very direct style of football

still if it's him then let's hope he can perform similar heroics as he did with Chaves

if any City supporters had truly heard of Vitor Campelos before this week, I salute them as a far better qualified aficionado of the European, particularly the Portuguese, game than I am!

I'm sure there'll be one or two on here that will profess to have been following his career closely and are experts on the Primeira Liga.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    if any City supporters had truly heard of Vitor Campelos before this week, I salute them as a far better qualified aficionado of the European, particularly the Portuguese, game than I am!

I'm sure there'll be one or two on here that will profess to have been following his career closely and are experts on the Primeira Liga.
    The little I’ve read about him seems to make a lot of sense for us. Operating on a limited budget, improves young players, very much a man manager. Also let’s not understate possibly how useful having new connections in that part of the world could be. I know a number of his Chaves squad are out of contact for example.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    The little I’ve read about him seems to make a lot of sense for us. Operating on a limited budget, improves young players, very much a man manager. Also let’s not understate possibly how useful having new connections in that part of the world could be. I know a number of his Chaves squad are out of contact for example.
    one of the our of contract players we've been linked with previously - Sidy Sarr was strangely linked with us in the press when he was leaving Kortrijk on a free when Warnock was here, I think purely on the basis of his height. he ended up going to a French ligue 2 side.
    only played a handful of games for Chaves last season though.