+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Manager rumours.. - New name Vítor Campelos

Re: Manager rumours.. - New name Vítor Campelos

Be nice if he has the same effect that Nuno had for Wolves, albeit without the Jorge Mendez players.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    It's hugely overstated - something like 8 of the last 10 premier league winning managers won the league at their first job in English football.
    Same goes for the championship, experienced managers from abroad have a pretty good track record here.
    I agree with what you're getting at, but stats like that will be somewhat skewed by the quality of managers coming in. The non-British inners of the Premier League are Pep Guardiola, Jurgen Klopp, Antonio Conte, Claudio Ranieri, Jose Mourinho, Manuel Pellegrini, Roberto Mancini, Carlo Ancelotti and Arsene Wenger. We're hardly shopping in the same market

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    if any City supporters had truly heard of Vitor Campelos before this week, I salute them as a far better qualified aficionado of the European, particularly the Portuguese, game than I am!

I'm sure there'll be one or two on here that will profess to have been following his career closely and are experts on the Primeira Liga.
    There’s loads on Twitter who are professing to be devastated we didn’t get him. It’s genuinely hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    if any City supporters had truly heard of Vitor Campelos before this week, I salute them as a far better qualified aficionado of the European, particularly the Portuguese, game than I am!

I'm sure there'll be one or two on here that will profess to have been following his career closely and are experts on the Primeira Liga.
    Yup, if we signed a youth player from Hastings Town someone on here would have been following his career. I remember one poster on here turning cartwheels when we signed Vaulks, giving it that he was a play maker.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    It's 100% going to be Oscar Garcia, the only way it won't be is if he doesn't agree to the fine print tmrw. There'll be a press conference to announce it tmrw, so I'm told by my relative 👍
    Relatives eh!!!

8 pages of absolute fecking cobblers.Well done CCFC forum

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    8 pages of absolute fecking cobblers.Well done CCFC forum
    Harsh but fair.

I can take the bollocks coming from the supporters who are in the know about this stuff. There’ll always be wind up merchants and people who just want to be relevant.

It’s the amount of journos that have jumped on this ‘certainty’ and ran with it.

Does any journo do their job anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I can take the bollocks coming from the supporters who are in the know about this stuff. There’ll always be wind up merchants and people who just want to be relevant.

It’s the amount of journos that have jumped on this ‘certainty’ and ran with it.

Does any journo do their job anymore?
    I don't think any of the more respected journalists jumped on the Campelos/Jones etc rumours and ran with them though? BBC barely mentioned anything before the announcement yesterday, same for Paul Abbandonato & Glen Williams was pretty clear in saying Campelos wasn't really in the frame

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I don't think any of the more respected journalists jumped on the Campelos/Jones etc rumours and ran with them though? BBC barely mentioned anything before the announcement yesterday, same for Paul Abbandonato & Glen Williams was pretty clear in saying Campelos wasn't really in the frame
    The only reputable sources over here said Campelos had two interviews, which he did apparently. Most of it came from Portugal, presumably from Campelos to drum up interest in him.

If WOL or BBC did know, which is a possibility, they were asked to keep quiet.