+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Manager appointed. EROL BULUT

Re: New Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    quite a few will have heard about potter before he went to Swansea, he was doing remarkable things with Ostersunds in Sweden, and it was discussed on this board at the time, pretty sure the BBC website did an article about him too
    Absolutely. When Swansea brought him in it was hardly as if he was an unknown.

Re: New Manager appointed. EROL BULUT

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    quite a few will have heard about potter before he went to Swansea, he was doing remarkable things with Ostersunds in Sweden, and it was discussed on this board at the time, pretty sure the BBC website did an article about him too
    Deleted - post repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Absolutely. When Swansea brought him in it was hardly as if he was an unknown.
    Hadn't his Ostersund team beaten Arsenal at the Emirates in the Europa League?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Hadn't his Ostersund team beaten Arsenal at the Emirates in the Europa League?
    That rings a bell. If memory serves they lost heavily at home but were 2-0 up at the Emirates and were close to clawing the tie back.

That rings a bell. If memory serves they lost heavily at home but were 2-0 up at the Emirates and were close to clawing the tie back.
    yes, that was despite the game coming after the winter break in Sweden, they hadn't played a game for 2 months going into the first leg

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I reckon that you reckon wrong.
    I was told that Garcia turned us down as he wanted 💰💰💰, so did Lamouchi

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    The interesting part is that he's known to Dalman.
    Dalman is Turkish Cypriot

Of course he is. The club will give the impression they've scoured the ends of the earth to find the perfect manager, but in reality they've sat on their arses wondering who to appoint when Dalman tells Vinnie "I know someone"....
    It really does feel like this

Wish I was as excited as some others are.

Back him in the transfer market and I might be. Otherwise he’s just Mehmet’s mate who’s been brought in to bridge the gap between now and the end of the embargo / lawsuit.

After hours of undertaking copious amounts of research (twitter, YouTube and Google translate) I have deduced the following:

He's an unlikeable disciplinarian that doesn't have the record or tactical nous to back it up. Gone by Christmas.

I even saw one comment calling him the Turkish Steve Morison.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    After hours of undertaking copious amounts of research (twitter, YouTube and Google translate) I have deduced the following:

He's an unlikeable disciplinarian that doesn't have the record or tactical nous to back it up. Gone by Christmas.

I even saw one comment calling him the Turkish Steve Morison.
    His teams have a consistently high age - around 30. More good news for Colwill

Aggressive tactics, try to box them into their own half.

There’s some link with Nathan Redmond

Think I've finally figured out why we appointed Erol!

He has valuable experience with the Court of Arbitration for Sport: https://jurisprudence.tas-cas.org/Sh...uments/640.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The negativity on this board is truly staggering at times. Anyone who reads this blokes playing and managerial record properly cant fail to be impressed. And yet, its clearly not good enough for some, who see it as another reason to enjoy a further round of club bashing and ridiculing of Tan and Dalman.
    Given the farcical appointments of recent years, the negativity on this board is perfectly understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    Let’s hope that he does well and give him a chance.
    He starts from a bad place. Mid table next season would be an improvement!

I can see our current squad thinking oh great! I can’t see him being somebody who unites the club ( anybody know if he speaks English?) . The Turkish experiment didn’t go well at Hull - and they spent quite some money whereas he will have zero budget. Ah well , let’s see - but have reservations that this was a cheap and convenient ( from the relationship with Dalman) appointment

It's the Dalman connection that concerns me......we shall find out soon enough, but not encouraged by what I read.

Dalman to Erol, “do us a good deal on your Airbnb in Turkey and I’ll get you a managers job”

Erol replies “deal”

My second piece on a new manager in two days

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My second piece on a new manager in two days

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

That Campelos piece needs to be posted on the forum of whichever club he ends up joining!

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    His teams have a consistently high age - around 30. More good news for Colwill

Aggressive tactics, try to box them into their own half.

There’s some link with Nathan Redmond
    So.

1. Mate of Dalman
    2. Dour, defensive football.
    3. Doesn't trust young players.

I don't know anything about him, hadn't heard about him until yesterday, but the above is a summary of what can be gained from this forum and social media.

Whilst, it is difficult to judge until a run of games it isn't exactly an inspiring appointment. Nathan Jones is probably the most glaringly obvious candidate in the history of management vacancies, but we manage to come up with this.

He strikes me as being cheap and a pawn in the Dalman/Tan power struggle.

I hope I have to eat my words, but frankly Kenny Hibbert was a more inspiring signing.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    So.

1. Mate of Dalman

I don't know anything about him, hadn't heard about him until yesterday, but the above is a summary of what can be gained from this forum and social media.

Whilst, it is difficult to judge until a run of games it isn't exactly an inspiring appointment. Nathan Jones is probably the most glaringly obvious candidate in the history of management vacancies, but we manage to come up with this.

I hope I have to eat my words, but frankly Kenny Hibbert was a more inspiring signing.
    Exactly this.

Would love nothing more than to be dead wrong about him but given what we do know, being discouraged by his appointment is the far more rational response.

In general, our message board contributors couldn’t get drunk in a brewery. Most of you are so pessimistic- you’ll likely live longer if you look on the bright side of life!

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    In general, our message board contributors couldn’t get drunk in a brewery. Most of you are so pessimistic- you’ll likely live longer if you look on the bright side of life!
    How can you not be at this stage?

The running of the club by Tan/Mehmet has been getting worse and worse. If you don't think so, you either haven't been paying attention or you simply don't care.

I spotted this on Wikipedia yesterday. Someone was quick to update his Current Team
    Screenshot_20230603-145217~2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    How can you not be at this stage?

The running of the club by Tan/Mehmet has been getting worse and worse. If you don't think so, you either haven't been paying attention or you simply don't care.
    Exactly, what about this appointment makes you think, wow, we’ve got the man for the job here?

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    So.

1. Mate of Dalman

It says quite a bit about you that you are prepared to believe the views from people on this board or social media. Also, how you can glean the fact that his teams play ‘dour, defensive football’ from the description that he plays ‘aggressive football’ and likes to box the opposition in their own half, is beyond me. It is the exact opposite of that, if true. Also, even you should be able to work out that if you inherit a squad of ageing players, the chances are that your teams average age is going to be on the high side whilst the squad is sorted out