+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Manager appointed. EROL BULUT

Re: New Manager appointed. EROL BULUT

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Bulut will have to learn quickly that players here need to want to be a part of it and go though their protocols before they can be considered fit to wear the shirt (quite literally).

What a club, though. This time last year, Morison was gibbering on about how the set-up that had been created behind the scenes would mean that any transition to a new manager would be easy as everything was in place. Fast forward twelve months and the CEO says: "We are in transition. We are trying to start afresh. A completely different direction, this is a wildcard."

Does this wildcard label mean they admit it’s a ludicrous choice of appointment

Bulut will have to learn quickly that players here need to want to be a part of it and go though their protocols before they can be considered fit to wear the shirt (quite literally).

What a club, though. This time last year, Morison was gibbering on about how the set-up that had been created behind the scenes would mean that any transition to a new manager would be easy as everything was in place. Fast forward twelve months and the CEO says: "We are in transition. We are trying to start afresh. A completely different direction, this is a wildcard."

Usually when there is this level of distance between a Chairman and CEO in a large corporation then one of them doesn't survive. Now that might be true of listed companies rather than our autocracy but this feels like Dalman's back me or sack me last throw of the dice!

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I’m actually looking forward to the season as it’s going to be a silly one. Random players that I’ve never heard of and potentially a manager who’s going to be different to any before him.
    In fairness, we had that situation this time last year too.

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    His teams have a consistently high age - around 30. More good news for Colwill

Aggressive tactics, try to box them into their own half.

There’s some link with Nathan Redmond
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I'm amazed you took the time and mental effort to reply to his puerile scribblings. Your post was extremely well thought out and interesting. David on the other hand just lashes out at anything he hasn't the intellect to digest.

I particularly like your analysis.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Usually when there is this level of distance between a Chairman and CEO in a large corporation then one of them doesn't survive. Now that might be true of listed companies rather than our autocracy but this feels like Dalman's back me or sack me last throw of the dice!
    The strangest part is doesn't feel like any of Tan, Dalman and Choo are on the same page now. They hardly present a united front.

I don't believe a word Dalman says anymore

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    How can you look at that list and not think that Nathan Jones is the logical pick.

Bulut is literally a gamble when we cannot afford one.

I’m actually looking forward to the season as it’s going to be a silly one. Random players that I’ve never heard of and potentially a manager who’s going to be different to any before him. But that is because it’s a soap opera, rather than actual progression of the club.
    The talk in the press conference of signing 10 players is welcome but bold. We have a large squad already, moving on 7/8 under contract players in the current climate will be some feat.

Our problem is quality, not numbers

The strangest part is doesn't feel like any of Tan, Dalman and Choo are on the same page now. They hardly present a united front.
    It is doubtful that we will see the thoughts of Our Cousin Vinny but it would be an interesting Venn diagram. That said, not sure that Hammam, Borley and Isaacs were harmonising like the Bee Gees!

It is doubtful that we will see the thoughts of Our Cousin Vinny but it would be an interesting Venn diagram. That said, not sure that Hammam, Borley and Isaacs were harmonising like the Bee Gees!
    Fair point, but it’s Choo that interests me most in this. While he’s always been Tan’s stooge, he increasingly looks like a man who is caught in the middle and doesn’t know which horse to back.

Fair point, but it’s Choo that interests me most in this. While he’s always been Tan’s stooge, he increasingly looks like a man who is caught in the middle and doesn’t know which horse to back.
    Tricky one for Ken, the bloke who feeds him a regular supply of Ringgits or that Turkish Cypriot fellah!

I think ken choo's prediction of 13k season tickets sounds a lot more realistic than dalmans 18k

Yes , fascinating watching and listening to that interview, Choo does look like he’s caught in the middle. Very suprised Tan would be happy with Dalman pulling a face like that when he said sarcastically “Vincent likes to think he knows about football”

Agree that the manager was quietly impressive in the conference, no idea how this is going to work out, my feeling is it won’t as not having any money to spend handicaps him right from the start, it’s certainly a gamble.

If Bulut fails and Tan pulls the trigger then Dalman will have to surely go as well after aligning himself so closely to the new manager

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Yes , fascinating watching and listening to that interview, Choo does look like he’s caught in the middle. Very suprised Tan would be happy with Dalman pulling a face like that when he said sarcastically “Vincent likes to think he knows about football”

Agree that the manager was quietly impressive in the conference, no idea how this is going to work out, my feeling is it won’t as not having any money to spend handicaps him right from the start, it’s certainly a gamble.

If Bulut fails and Tan pulls the trigger then Dalman will have to surely go as well after aligning himself so closely to the new manager
    Dalman seems to be able to operate as a semi detached non-executive Chair of the Club Board.

He can get more involved and active and visible, or he can do the bare minimum and fade into the background.

The tension with Tan seems to have been there since Warnock left - at least. No open hostility, just a tension.

But doesn't Dalman have a serious financial stake in the club through recent loans (attracting serious interest) from a company in which 'he has an interest'. Whether that is minimal or the company is Dalman's Langstone - who knows? It may mean that he is tied into the club and cannot walk away, however difficult his relationship is with Vincent Tan?

True, they were just Stayin Alive

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post

That face he pulled was a beaut and if he was more famous would become a meme

But is was one of several "digs" at Tan in my view

What intrigues me is the one year contract - that puts Erul in a position to walk away with little harm whether he walks to nothing or another club but also what impact does that have on his ability to bring players not knowing he will be here in a year?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    That face he pulled was a beaut and if he was more famous would become a meme

But is was one of several "digs" at Tan in my view

What intrigues me is the one year contract - that puts Erul in a position to walk away with little harm whether he walks to nothing or another club but also what impact does that have on his ability to bring players not knowing he will be here in a year?
    I think think it's more a case of him seeing if the club is able to back him. A good arrangement I think..

This is vital. If he comes here thinking he can shout “BE A GOOD HARDWORKING TEAMMATE” and that’s enough, then he’s in for a rude awakening.

Some of these players are just not up to it. Hopefully he can find the players inside and outside the club that are.

Just watched the whole press conference - minus the edited out parts - I'm fully on board the Bulut train.

I just hope he has more in his locker than being a disciplinarian. And a manager that wants to win is not going to be enough to win.

Also, what does Mehmet mean by, "he's not here to improve the team, he's here to win games"?

But...to win more games...doesn't he need to...nevermind...just win.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Dalman seems to be able to operate as a semi detached non-executive Chair of the Club Board.

He can get more involved and active and visible, or he can do the bare minimum and fade into the background.

The tension with Tan seems to have been there since Warnock left - at least. No open hostility, just a tension.

But doesn't Dalman have a serious financial stake in the club through recent loans (attracting serious interest) from a company in which 'he has an interest'. Whether that is minimal or the company is Dalman's Langstone - who knows? It may mean that he is tied into the club and cannot walk away, however difficult his relationship is with Vincent Tan?
    For years, Cardiff City was a one man operation when it came to our finances, but, although Mehmet Dalman often likes to still portray it as a club where Vincent Tan makes all of the decisions, he has to be as influential as he’s ever been at City when you consider that, rather worryingly, the club now owes two parties a substantial sum. There was also a concerning mention in the last accounts about another loan being taken out during the financial year just ended which we will, presumably, get to know more about when the 22/23 accounts are published.

Your use of the word Langston was a relevant one as the sum owed to Dalman’s company sounds like it isn’t too far off what we were supposed to have owed Hammam’s company before he left. However, I’d suggest that there could be the slight possibility that Dalman becoming more involved could be a sign of Tan’s involvement decreasing to a degree and maybe we should consider the possibility (albeit a very remote one I’d say) that there could eventually be an “internal” takeover of the club?

There are at least two reasons why I would have doubts about such a theory mind, one the Sala case and two, that “he thinks he knows about football” remark, along with the reaction it provoked, represents the clearest sign yet of what others have remarked on regarding the relationship between the club owner and Chairman.

Nevertheless, with Erol Bulut being seen as Dalman’s man, even if the suggestion of a takeover may be far fetched, the whole tenor of yesterday’s conference was suggestive of our Chairman having more of a hands on approach.

One last thing which may be me allowing my dislike of the approach we’ve seen from the first team for virtually all of Tan’s time here to cloud my thinking was that Dalman talked about a “great” manager telling him at the time we were playing “attractive” footballin the opening weeks of last season that we won’t win playing that way and also said we’d see an approach under Bulut more in keeping with what Cardiff have produced historically. Now, if that means we’re going to see a team trying its hardest right to the end (as Bulut mentioned in another interview), then fair enough, City fans have always appreciated a wholehearted response from a player and team perhaps more than those at other clubs. However, if it also includes more long ball crap because they believe that is what Cityfans have always wanted,then I believe Mr Dalman is mistaken.

There have been plenty of City sides that have played in a direct manner down the years, but, Sludge apart , I’ve never detected a liking for the sort of rubbish we saw from Warnock’s last team, from Harris’ teams on a bad day, from McCarthy’s City and from Morison in his first season, then Hudson and Lamouchi. Yet, we have Bulut talking about him being seen as an English style manager in Turkey and Dalman talking about how he wins games, with its implication that performance doesn’t matter. It strikes me that having had one gutting of the squad last year to accommodate a new style, we now facing up to something similar designed to take us back to what we had before (something that had, largely stopped working) - others may well be okay with such a development, but it’s a gloomy prospect for me if is the way we plan to approach the new season.

Fear not, Paul. Bulut played futsal. According to Mozzer, that means we’ll be seeing an influx of Spanish and Portuguese players, and City will be spraying the ball around like Barcelona in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The negativity on this board is truly staggering at times. Anyone who reads this blokes playing and managerial record properly cant fail to be impressed. And yet, its clearly not good enough for some, who see it as another reason to enjoy a further round of club bashing and ridiculing of Tan and Dalman.
    How do you feel about Dalman’s comments in yesterday’s press conference? Any opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    I've calmed down a bit now. Still hate how the club is run, that won't change. But looking forward to seeing our new manager speak on CCTV today
    King of the flounces in throws his toys out of the pram again shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    King of the flounces in throws his toys out of the pram again shocker.

Honestly didn't think you were sad enough to remember that I flounced once three years ago.

I go through phases of posting regularly and then not bothering to post for a long time.

Your only phase is being a twat that thinks he's better than he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post

Honestly didn't think you were sad enough to remember that I flounced once three years ago.

I go through phases of posting regularly and then not bothering to post for a long time.

Your only phase is being a twat that thinks he's better than he is.
    Just the once? You flounced off the Colonels forum too ya big baby.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Just the once? You flounced off the Colonels forum too ya big baby.
    Yeh because it's shit