+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: New Manager appointed. EROL BULUT

Re: New Manager appointed. EROL BULUT

Interesting take on Bulut from a Turkish football journalist quoted by Wales Online (taken from the Second Tier Podcast):

"He likes to play two forwards up top. Sometimes he could change to one. He believes in a three-man defence and plays a very strong midfield. That's how he used to play in the Turkish Super Lig."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...guese-27080463

That contradicts what most observers were saying about Bulut preferring four at the back - and also what he said himself at the press conference on Monday. The quote above sounds more like Lamouchi (apart from the 'very strong midfield'!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Interesting take on Bulut from a Turkish football journalist quoted by Wales Online (taken from the Second Tier Podcast):

"He likes to play two forwards up top. Sometimes he could change to one. He believes in a three-man defence and plays a very strong midfield. That's how he used to play in the Turkish Super Lig."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...guese-27080463

That contradicts what most observers were saying about Bulut preferring four at the back - and also what he said himself at the press conference on Monday. The quote above sounds more like Lamouchi (apart from the 'very strong midfield'!
    yes looking at transfermsrkt it seems that he has played a mixture of 3 and 4 at the back

Re: New Manager

I feel a bit irritated by his remarks around promotion to the Premier League and with that have lost a little bit of faith in him before the season starts.

DISCLAIMER: I've never run a football club...However, I've interviewed probably hundreds of people over the years and always favour people who are honest, rather than candidates who try to bullshit and impress me.

As a lifelong fan, I wanted the new manager to set out where we're failing and what his plans are to put it right. All I've seen so far is that he believes we can be a Premier League team and that he likes his players to be disciplined.

If he'd said in no uncertain terms that the club is a shit show and he plans to reset it, I'd have immediate respect for him.

I'm very much hoping that I'm wrong and look forward to August nonetheless.