+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Manager appointed. EROL BULUT

Re: New Manager

[QUOTE=TWGL1;5426453]
    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

You need something about you to manage them, the expectation is huge.I’d agree with you there
    "Load up, load up ,load up Erol Bulut!" (10cc )

His record at his most recent club, Gaziantep, leaves a lot to be desired. They withdrew from the Turkish league earlier this year after the earthquake. Gaziantep were promoted to the top division for the first time 4 seasons ago, narrowly missing out on Europe twice. Under Bulut they avoided relegation in his first season and were nailed on to go down until the devastating earthquake hit. He parted company with Fenerbahce by "mutual consent" after a drop in form.

Not sure he fills me with much hope, but you never know.

This one sounds genuine, but so did Campelos once it was announced he’d left Chaves. I’ll try and do something similar about Bulut in the next day or two because he’s another one I’ve not heard of before - played till he was 40 I see.
    I see Bulut was a left back. Perhaps he can fill in when asked

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    How long before he gets the bulut?

Re: New Manager appointed. EROL BULUT

Erol Bulut appointed as First Team Manager
    Club News 4 minutes ago
    CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB IS DELIGHTED TO ANNOUNCE THE APPOINTMENT OF EROL BULUT AS FIRST TEAM MANAGER.
    With over 25 years of experience at the top levels of European football as both a player and manager, the 48-year-old has signed a deal at Cardiff City Stadium and will meet Club staff and media for the first time on Monday afternoon.
    Born in Germany, Erol began his playing career at Eintracht Frankfurt having come through the Bundesliga club's Academy, later winning major national honours playing for the likes of Fenerbahçe and Olympiacos and representing both clubs in the UEFA Champions League. He enjoyed multiple trophy successes as a player, before moving into management in 2017.
    After guiding Yeni Malatyaspor to a club-record high fifth-place finish in the Turkish Süper Lig in 2019 and reaching the UEFA Europa League qualifying stages, Erol joined Alyanaspor, leading them to their first domestic Cup Final and, again, the Europa League qualifying stages.
    He was approached and recruited by former club and European heavyweight

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    I see Bulut was a left back. Perhaps he can fill in when asked
    He’s Kaba’s replacement surely?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...bache-26987995

Oh well, that was a wasted two hours writing about Vitor Campelos this morning
    Well WOL seem very excited by the appointment!

There are probably scores of out of work managers with similar records, dotted around Europe, that we could have appointed, without many fans knowing much about them 🙄

I can’t be the only one thinking wtf

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    was a futsal international too which is a good trait in a football manager

expect an avalanche of players from spain / portugal or of futsal footballing countries me thinks

obviously a bit too early but think this will be a good appointment .

good work city

I’m watching the BBC Cup Final coverage, no mention yet, has ITV stopped proceedings for the announcement?

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    was a futsal international too which is a good trait in a football manager
    Can you name any good managers who have been futsal internationals?

I’m looking forward to the preseason now, it’s different, it’s new. We’ve tried old style UK managers, ex players, the supposed up and coming young breed, the Scandinavian ex premier league star etc. It’s going to be interesting to see how recruitment pans out under our restrictions, there has to be a plan...............hasn’t there?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Can you name any good managers who have been futsal internationals?
    Had you heard of Graham Potter before he became Swansea manager , had you heard of Lamouchi before he became Forest , Steve Cooper etc , etc our new appointment has managed arguably the biggest club in Türkiye

This is a big appointment and he won't have come cheap. Credit to the board for seeing the light. I expect Bamba to stay on in some role,even just as an interpreter as he speaks Turkish and German.
    Genuinely excited about this. Hopefully good news about the embargo next.

Apparently he is a personal friend of Dalman according to abbodonato

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Had you heard of Graham Potter before he became Swansea manager , had you heard of Lamouchi before he became Forest , Steve Cooper etc , etc Our new manager has managed arguably the biggest club in Türkiye
    Of course he will have…….

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    His record at his most recent club, Gaziantep, leaves a lot to be desired. They withdrew from the Turkish league earlier this year after the earthquake. Gaziantep were promoted to the top division for the first time 4 seasons ago, narrowly missing out on Europe twice. Under Bulut they avoided relegation in his first season and were nailed on to go down until the devastating earthquake hit. He parted company with Fenerbahce by "mutual consent" after a drop in form.

Nailed on to go down? Where did you get that? A brief look shows they were 11th before their withdrawal

At Fenerbache he tended to favour 3-1-4-2 and utilised attacking possession based football.

Speaks 4 languages

Walking out of a Damien Rice concert, what the **** is happening?

Where’s the Portuguese guy???

Well, none of us saw that coming. Great news for the bookies - probably not a single payout.
    Hard to know what to make of this. His record in Turkey is decent though. Let's hope the club's pulled a rabbit out of the hat. 🤞

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Nailed on to go down? Where did you get that? A brief look shows they were 11th before their withdrawal
    21 wins, 19 draws and 25 defeats is good.

21 wins, 5 draws and 8 defeats at Fenerbache.

I would take either record here!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

So lets get this straight - you are blaming the Turkish earthquake and the fact that Gaziantep couldn't fulfil their fixtures on the manager. Even by your standards that is a bit of a stretch.