+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Manager appointed. EROL BULUT

Re: New Manager appointed. EROL BULUT

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    It says quite a bit about you that you are prepared to believe the views from people on this board or social media. Also, how you can glean the fact that his teams play ‘dour, defensive football’ from the description that he plays ‘aggressive football’ and likes to box the opposition in their own half, is beyond me. It is the exact opposite of that, if true. Also, even you should be able to work out that if you inherit a squad of ageing players, the chances are that your teams average age is going to be on the high side whilst the squad is sorted out
    Do you really HAVE TO be so twisted and bitter? It doesn't become you David.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I was told that Garcia turned us down as he wanted 💰💰💰, so did Lamouchi
    I think this is most likely to be the case. Tan doesn't like spending money, even if the authorities would let him.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    It says quite a bit about you that you are prepared to believe the views from people on this board or social media. Also, how you can glean the fact that his teams play ‘dour, defensive football’ from the description that he plays ‘aggressive football’ and likes to box the opposition in their own half, is beyond me. It is the exact opposite of that, if true. Also, even you should be able to work out that if you inherit a squad of ageing players, the chances are that your teams average age is going to be on the high side whilst the squad is sorted out
    It says quite a bit about you as well that you jump to your usual happy, clappy conclusions about someone you’d never heard of before this time yesterday just because he now happens to be employed by Cardiff City. None of us can say for sure what Bulut’s City team will play like, but, from what I’ve seen, it seems that those who claim to have watched teams he’s managed appear to be fairly united in describing the things he tends to favour - it shouldn’t be a surprise that people are noticing this and drawing their own conclusions as to what we can expect from our new manager.

I don’t care how he plays as long as the results improve substantially. For me, I just want to see us win lots of Championship games. The football under Malky was often dour but the results hugely made up for this (in my opinion).

Another view as to what to expect

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rdiff-27051648

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    In general, our message board contributors couldn’t get drunk in a brewery. Most of you are so pessimistic- you’ll likely live longer if you look on the bright side of life!
    That's all fine, but peoples Pessimism is actually based on concrete fact, 2 seasons of utter shit. If you are optimistic, then shouldn't that also be based on facts? If not, then that's just blind faith.

Good reply, Tuerto. Since 1963 I guess I have always had blind faith and optimism when it comes to Cardiff City! No doubt largely unfounded, but that’s just the way I am.

Good reply, Tuerto. Since 1963 I guess I have always had blind faith and optimism when it comes to Cardiff City! No doubt largely unfounded, but that’s just the way I am.
    And no one could ever criticise you for that however I'm sure you'd agree rigorous, fact based scrutiny is never misplaced.

While the appointment of Erol Bulut as Cardiff City manager could scarcely be described as inspiring, I've genuinely got no firm opinions as regards his abilities. After all, like almost everyone else in this part of the world, I'd never heard of him this time yesterday. Indeed, I'd never even heard of three of the four clubs he's managed, let alone the man himself.

However, there is one aspect of this appointment that is puzzling me. Reports suggest City's board have 'pushed the boat out' to secure Bulut's services and he's not a cheap option. If those claims are true, my question is this: what is it about Bulut's background that means he is allegedly someone who is going to cost the Bluebirds a significant sum to employ?

Bulut has managed four Turkish clubs. One (Yeni Malatyaspor) gets tiny attendances that match those of the lowest-ranking National League sides, while two others (Gazisehir Gazientep and Alanyaspor) get small crowds that match those of mid-ranking League Two sides. I don't believe for a moment that any of those clubs pay significant wages to their managers.

The only club of any note that Bulut has managed is Fenerbahce. He was in charge there for less than eight months during the 2020/21 season - a campaign in which the games were played behind closed doors as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Most recently, Bulut left Gazientep on 27/01/23 following a 2-1 home defeat to mid-table Sivasspor that was watched by a crowd of just 4,710 (his side had won only once in Bulut's final fifteen league games at the club).

So, what is it about Bulut's record that suggests a Championship club such as Cardiff would need to 'push the boat out' in financial terms to secure his services?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    While the appointment of Erol Bulut as Cardiff City manager could scarcely be described as inspiring, I've genuinely got no firm opinions as regards his abilities. After all, like almost everyone else in this part of the world, I'd never heard of him this time yesterday. Indeed, I'd never even heard of three of the four clubs he's managed, let alone the man himself.

However, there is one aspect of this appointment that is puzzling me. Reports suggest City's board have 'pushed the boat out' to secure Bulut's services and he's not a cheap option. If those claims are true, my question is this: what is it about Bulut's background that means he is allegedly someone who is going to cost the Bluebirds a significant sum to employ?

Bulut has managed four Turkish clubs. One (Yeni Malatyaspor) gets tiny attendances that match those of the lowest-ranking National League sides, while two others (Gazisehir Gazientep and Alanyaspor) get small crowds that match those of mid-ranking League Two sides. I don't believe for a moment that any of those clubs pay significant wages to their managers.

The only club of any note that Bulut has managed is Fenerbahce. He was in charge there for less than eight months during the 2020/21 season - a campaign in which the games were played behind closed doors as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Most recently, Bulut left Gazientep on 27/01/23 following a 2-1 home defeat to mid-table Sivasspor that was watched by a crowd of just 4,710 (his side had won only once in Bulut's final fifteen league games at the club).

So, what is it about Bulut's record that suggests a Championship club such as Cardiff would need to 'push the boat out' in financial terms to secure his services?
    To see off the reported bid from a Bundesliga club (there were also offers from two or three other clubs apparently)?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    To see off the reported bid from a Bundesliga club (there were also offers from two or three other clubs apparently)?
    Hmmm. You'll forgive me if I take those suggestions with a pinch of salt given Bulut's managerial history to date. Also, 'a Bundelisga club' could easily mean a Bundesliga 2 club, I suppose. Anyway, I find the idea that he's a costly acquisition very hard to swallow. As the claim has mainly come from Dalman's chief information minister at WalesOnline, I think it's just spin.

It's been reported that Cardiff beat a Bundesliga club to his signature, as well as a Turkish club and one in Saudi Arabia. None of them would be short of a few quid

Whether it was worth pushing the boat out remains to be seen, but it's an interesting appointment and it's nice to see the club looking beyond the usual suspects

we are currently trying to sell season tickets, I suspect they wanted the announcement to make a bigger splash so they've made out as though this is a coup

Hmmm. You'll forgive me if I take those suggestions with a pinch of salt given Bulut's managerial history to date. Also, 'a Bundelisga club' could easily mean a Bundesliga 2 club, I suppose. Anyway, I find the idea that he's a costly acquisition very hard to swallow. As the claim has mainly come from Dalman's chief information minister at WalesOnline, I think it's just spin.
    I don’t disagree with you, but all of those other clubs who were supposed to be after him offers them the excuse to say they’ve pushed the boat out.

City are trying to sell the idea that someone barely any of us have heard of is a major player on the European stage. I was excited when I started reading the first Wales Online story on Bulut because it read like he was someone I should be chastising myself about for not recognising his name - it was only as I read on through the article that I realised our new manager had nothing in his record that I should have remembered.

This notion that Bulut is a much sought after manager that we should be surprised we’ve managed to land would be easier to put over in pre social media days. However, to use a term that’s gone out of favour lately, the “global village” we have these days is already beginning to tell us things which make some of the claims being made about Burut seem over extravagant.

I’m trying to keep an open mind on our new manager and will not jump to too many conclusions before seeing his City team play a few times, but, in terms of style of play, what we’re hearing isn’t encouraging because it sounds like same boring old, same boring old to me.

I don’t disagree with you, but all of those other clubs who were supposed to be after him offers them the excuse to say they’ve pushed the boat out.

City are trying to sell the idea that someone barely any of us have heard of is a major player on the European stage. I was excited when I started reading the first Wales Online story on Bulut because it read like he was someone I should be chastising myself about for not recognising his name - it was only as I read on through the article that I realised our new manager had nothing in his record that I should have remembered.

This notion that Bulut is a much sought after manager that we should be surprised we’ve managed to land would be easier to put over in pre social media days, but, to use a term that’s gone out of favour lately, the “global village” we have these days is already beginning to tell us things which make some of the claims being made about Burut seem over extravagant. I’m trying to keep an open mind on our new manager and will not jump to too many conclusions before seeing his City team play a few times, but, in terms of style of play, what we’re hearing isn’t encouraging because it sounds like same boring old, same boring old to me.
    I think what the board meant was that it's pushed the boat out a little way on Roath Park lake.

International

If we really have pushed the boat out, I think it will be because are getting desperate after others turned us down, we needed someone urgently, but God knows how they came up with this random choice.

I know absolutely nothing about any of the suspected Managers also, but looking at their records, he looks the worst of the bunch, bar Bamba and Morison.

God knows what will happen, but based on our budget, embargo and a Manager that doesn't know the players or the league, I would guess it's going to end in disaster and relegation looks more probable than a top-half finish, but let's wait and see what he can do?

Let's also see where Nathan Jones ends up and how he does.

City are trying to sell the idea that someone barely any of us have heard of is a major player on the European stage.
    And then some.

"His excellent record in European football represents a standard of managerial experience that we have not had at Cardiff City before," says Vincent Tan. The truth is Bulut doesn't have any managerial experience outside of Turkey. It's the equivalent of claiming someone with a good record in the Cymru Premier league has an excellent record in European football.

Then more power to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Well, none of us saw that coming. Great news for the bookies - probably not a single payout.
    Hard to know what to make of this. His record in Turkey is decent though. Let's hope the club's pulled a rabbit out of the hat. 🤞
    Rather than a turkey and we get stuffed regularly on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I think what the board meant was that it's pushed the boat out a little way on Roath Park lake.
    Or sent a dinghy across the Channel to collect him.

Good bit of research, as you say I’ve never heard of 3 of the teams he has managed but looking at the size of crowds those clubs were playing in front of it’s no surprise. I don’t believe any nonsense that “we’ve pushed the boat out” for this guy, especially when we let go a far more experienced foreign manager in Lamouchi

Bat shit crazy theory but wonder if the fact that the Turkish currency is collapsing to an extent to which bargains can be found in that player market and brought in someone to take advantage of that league.

Of course this means nothing if we can’t pay transfer fees anyway so I realise how stupid this theory is, but I don’t see any particular reason for this appointment.

I’ll give him my full support but I don’t understand why this particular guy was first choice?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...bache-26987995

Oh well, that was a wasted two hours writing about Vitor Campelos this morning
    I like the comment about we should have gone for Pulis.

Comments like this make me realise what the average fan really thinks

Will he even qualify for a work visa?

With the lax running of the business in regard to the payment of the Sala fee and subsequent embargo I have my doubts if the club have even checked he can work in the UK.

There is every reason for people to feel underwhelmed and negative due to the last 5 appointments.

I’m happier with this appointment than the appointments of Harris, McCarthy, Morrison and Hudson for sure.
    And happier than facing up to a pre season being led by Sol.

The comments from the Turkish Journalist in the WOL interview linked above were pretty upbeat and his win/lose ratio at Alanyaspor and Fenerbahce seem to be impressive in somewhat adverse circumstances…which is where we are.