+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: New Manager appointed. EROL BULUT

Re: New Manager appointed. EROL BULUT

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    The comments from the Turkish Journalist in the WOL interview linked above were pretty upbeat...
    Bear in mind that this time last year WOL were carrying quotes from some non-league coach who reckoned Ollie Tanner was going to be the next Gareth Bale.

This appointment is interesting for sure, but it’s an odd one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Bear in mind that this time last year WOL were carrying quotes from some non-league coach who reckoned Ollie Tanner was going to be the next Gareth Bale.

This appointment is interesting for sure, but it’s an odd one.
    True enough.

Let’s hope that this Burak Özdemir, of “Fanatik”, has a bit more credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Bat shit crazy theory but wonder if the fact that the Turkish currency is collapsing to an extent to which bargains can be found in that player market and brought in someone to take advantage of that league.

Of course this means nothing if we can’t pay transfer fees anyway so I realise how stupid this theory is, but I don’t see any particular reason for this appointment.

I’ll give him my full support but I don’t understand why this particular guy was first choice?
    Problem there is it’s almost impossible to get bargains from foreign leagues any more - if they aren’t regular internationals at a certain standard or coming from a major club they aren’t going to qualify for a work permit. Add that to the fact we can’t pay a fee as you mention - the idea that the club have gone for a foreign manager in some 4D chess move to take advantage of an underutilized market in a lesser foreign league is a massive stretch to say the least.

There is every reason for people to feel underwhelmed and negative due to the last 5 appointments.

I’m happier with this appointment than the appointments of Harris, McCarthy, Morrison and Hudson for sure.
    And happier than facing up to a pre season being led by Sol.

The comments from the Turkish Journalist in the WOL interview linked above were pretty upbeat and his win/lose ratio at Alanyaspor and Fenerbahce seem to be impressive in somewhat adverse circumstances…which is where we are.
    Pretty much sums up how i feel. Let's give it a crack

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Problem there is it’s almost impossible to get bargains from foreign leagues any more - if they aren’t regular internationals at a certain standard or coming from a major club they aren’t going to qualify for a work permit. Add that to the fact we can’t pay a fee as you mention - the idea that the club have gone for a foreign manager in some 4D chess move to take advantage of an underutilized market in a lesser foreign league is a massive stretch to say the least.
    I agree which is why I don’t get the appointment at all

I don’t know anything about him but results don’t suggest he’s a hidden gem or tactical genius.

It’s none of my business but I’d love to know who was interviewed and why this guy was number 1 choice.

Oh well, will make for an interesting summer if it’s Dalman Tan and Choo is the transfer committee.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I agree which is why I don’t get the appointment at all

I don’t know anything about him but results don’t suggest he’s a hidden gem or tactical genius.

It’s none of my business but I’d love to know who was interviewed and why this guy was number 1 choice.

Oh well, will make for an interesting summer if it’s Dalman Tan and Choo is the transfer committee.
    It’s been reported that Nathan Jones, Cameron Toshack and Oscar Garcia were the others in the final round of interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It’s been reported that Nathan Jones, Cameron Toshack and Oscar Garcia were the others in the final round of interviews.
    Imagine if Cameron Toshack was announced.

Imagine if Cameron Toshack was announced.
    I still think we let him go too cheap to Liverpool

Steven Caulker's thoughts on Bulut https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65803239

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Steven Caulker's thoughts on Bulut https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65803239
    someone's after a contt

If Maguiness goes we are going to need 3 centre halves so Caulker incoming🤣?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I still think we let him go too cheap to Liverpool

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    If Maguiness goes we are going to need 3 centre halves so Caulker incoming��?
    why would McGuiness go?

Can’t see many being “sold” when we can’t bring other in easily. Usually Harris, Bagan etc would be long gone but I guess it depends how confident the club are brining in replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    It says quite a bit about you that you are prepared to believe the views from people on this board or social media. Also, how you can glean the fact that his teams play ‘dour, defensive football’ from the description that he plays ‘aggressive football’ and likes to box the opposition in their own half, is beyond me. It is the exact opposite of that, if true. Also, even you should be able to work out that if you inherit a squad of ageing players, the chances are that your teams average age is going to be on the high side whilst the squad is sorted out
    That's a strange character assassination in your 1st sentence given how I've qualified my post. Your last sentence would be a fair argument if he had kept a job long enough for him to change the demographics of a squad. Let's say we beg to differ, but I'm sure we can both agree that we hope he does well for us and turns out to be the new Farke/Wagner/Ismail with us having a sensational season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    why would McGuiness go?
    Last year of contract. Decent bid (which I think will come ) and hes off.

Last year of contract. Decent bid (which I think will come ) and hes off.
    how much realistically would someone bid?
    bearing in mind we can't reinvest it seems pointless to sell

He’s been heavily linked with Wednesday

We also cant afford to let him go for free in the summer of 24.

Also if he wanted to go would we want an unhappy player.

1.5m maybe?

Ideally he signs a new deal but I really dont see that happening.

We also cant afford to let him go for free in the summer of 24.

Also if he wanted to go would we want an unhappy player.

1.5m maybe?

Ideally he signs a new deal but I really dont see that happening.
    At the moment we'd take any reasonable bids for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    At the moment we'd take any reasonable bids for anyone.
    would we? when we can't replace them? what's the point?

I'd rather hang onto McGuiness unless someone offers silly money

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    That's a strange character assassination in your 1st sentence given how I've qualified my post. Your last sentence would be a fair argument if he had kept a job long enough for him to change the demographics of a squad. Let's say we beg to differ, but I'm sure we can both agree that we hope he does well for us and turns out to be the new Farke/Wagner/Ismail with us having a sensational season.
    I'm amazed you took the time and mental effort to reply to his puerile scribblings. Your post was extremely well thought out and interesting. David on the other hand just lashes out at anything he hasn't the intellect to digest.

I particularly like your analysis.

would we? when we can't replace them? what's the point?

I'd rather hang onto McGuiness unless someone offers silly money
    Because we can

Get frees sell players with value.

It’ll be our strategy for a while

someone's after a contt
    That was the most desperate for a job interview I've read. If he classes him as a friend his best bet would be texting him surely

If Maguiness goes we are going to need 3 centre halves so Caulker incoming🤣?
    Wouldn’t bet against it

Caulker: “you know, if Erol decides to pick up the phone, that’s a conversation we’d have.”