+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ramsey coming back?

Ramsey coming back?

According to the other board.

Re: Ramsey coming back?

Bale like saga set to occupy us again then?

Love Ramsey but can he stand the rigour of the championship

Would fit in with choo saying a signing would excite fans "lots"

Firstly, Ramsey is on a three-year deal at Nice.

Secondly, would signing an injury-prone 32 year-old really excite the fans 'lots'?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Scratch that, it was a one-year deal apparently.

He's coming....

Secondly, would signing an injury-prone 32 year-old really excite the fans 'lots'?
    It won’t come off but I think the second sentence is a bit stupid. It’s Aaron Ramsey not some mediocre nobody. Absolutely it would excite the fans.

I’m not saying it would work out but it would definitely be exciting to many. He’s the best player we’ve produced in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    It won’t come off but I think the second sentence is a bit stupid. It’s Aaron Ramsey not some mediocre nobody. Absolutely it would excite the fans.
    Do you honestly believe anybody who didn't already have one would buy a season ticket on the strength of the club signing Ramsey?

Do you honestly believe anybody who didn't already have one would buy a season ticket on the strength of the club signing Ramsey?
    Yes

I’m not saying it would work out but it would definitely be exciting to many. He’s the best player we’ve produced in decades.
    I agree.

Yes
    I admire your optimism.

I admire your optimism.
    It’s all moot anyway as we all know it’s bollocks

It’s all moot anyway as we all know it’s bollocks
    It's fascinating, though. Considering the club can't even pay a loan fee, who is this mystery 'star' going to be?

He's probably only got 15-20 games in him but, realistically, there's not a single team in the Championship that would say no to having him.

We're also shopping in a pretty limited market of frees and loans.

Id rather a half fit Ramsey than ****ing Sheyi Ojo every week.

It's fascinating, though. Considering the club can't even pay a loan fee, who is this mystery 'star' going to be?
    I agree

This club is bonkers and that’s why I love it.

He's definitely coming back according to the other board and twitter. Bit like our new manager is Vitor Campelos.

My guess is that Ramsey would be lucky to play ten games in a season. But would that excite the fans and encourage people to buy season tickets? Of course. Ramsey is one of the only former Cardiff City players to be really successful and we virtually gave him away to Arsenal. Toshack is the only other player I can think of that we have produced which is pretty shocking really but I can't see any way Ramsey would sign for us as he could still command wages well above that which the club would be prepared to pay. In short I agree with the previous poster.

It won't happen, but Ramsey has made 26 appearances in the French top flight this season, 7 in Europe as well as his international games. He's not what he was, but he's also not quite the crock portrayed here

Anyone who says that signing him wouldn't excite Cardiff fans is just being a contrarian for the sake of it.

Would love him to come back. He and Colwill could share the No.10 role. Just think what Colwill could learn from him.

It was probably our weakest area last season; that link between midfield and attack.

**** sake. I’m not doing this again

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Anyone who says that signing him wouldn't excite Cardiff fans is just being a contrarian for the sake of it.
    Excite the fans 'lots'? Do you believe signing Ramsey would prompt people to buy season tickets? Do you think he's that much of crowd-puller?

I've no doubt the club's support would be pleased and if he was joined by a few other substantial signings it may bring about an upsurge in season ticket sales, but I think almost almost everyone who was going to buy a season ticket has already done so.

Wouldn't surprise me if someone over there is paid to do a bit of marketing to try and boost season ticket sales.

Yes he has his injuries and yes it’s a risk but when playing he’s a million miles ahead of what we have, would be a huge yes for me considering our restrictions.

Excite the fans 'lots'? Do you believe signing Ramsey would prompt people to buy season tickets? Do you think he's that much of crowd-puller?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    My guess is that Ramsey would be lucky to play ten games in a season. But would that excite the fans and encourage people to buy season tickets? Of course. Ramsey is one of the only former Cardiff City players to be really successful and we virtually gave him away to Arsenal. Toshack is the only other player I can think of that we have produced which is pretty shocking really but I can't see any way Ramsey would sign for us as he could still command wages well above that which the club would be prepared to pay. In short I agree with the previous poster.
    he's played a lot more than that this season

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    He's definitely coming back according to the other board and twitter. Bit like our new manager is Vitor Campelos.
    They also said bamba was given it - the claims are usually caveated with things can change