+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vincent understands football

International

Vincent understands football

Dalman

https://twitter.com/neddthomas/statu...soMaZij2Q&s=19

He's not going to be too happy with that, I see trouble ahead.

Re: Vincent understands football

I think he could have got away with it if he hadn’t had pulled the face as well. Very odd thing to say, obviously there is some kind of tension.

Friendly banter for me.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Jonezy17 View Post
    Friendly banter for me.

He looked a bit nervous after he said it, like he just realised what he had said in public

I think it shows even Dalman has finally had a gutsfull of Tan's eccentricities and has all but thrown in the towel but is staying with the ride because he collects an outstanding salary and has a significant investment in the club.

I think it also shows he's canny enough to know what he can and cannot get away with and will vent his frustration up to the limit. It's probable Tan isn't entirely happy with Dalman either but will reluctantly tolerate a degree of tacit insubordination because he wants to avoid the likely major problems that would ensure should he try to dismiss Dalman and sever all ties.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I think it shows even Dalman has finally had a gutsfull of Tan's eccentricities and has all but thrown in the towel but is staying with the ride because he collects an outstanding salary and has a significant investment in the club.

I think it also shows he's canny enough to know what he can and cannot get away with and will vent his frustration up to the limit. It's probable Tan isn't entirely happy with Dalman either but will reluctantly tolerate a degree of tacit insubordination because he wants to avoid the likely major problems that would ensure should he try to dismiss Dalman and sever all ties.
    This is how I see it except I'm not so sure Dalman has "had a gutsfull of Tan's eccentricities". I think he's had enough of explaining Tan's eccentricities and why we're in the situation we're in. Kind of like "give me a break, you know why things are the way they are".

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post

Just to make sure that you don't get away with your usual misrepresentation of the facts here, I would just like to point out that Dalman actually said that he HAD become disengaged and disenchanted with his job due to the difficulties the club had suffered in the last two years but that he was now fully energised and re-engaged again and looking forward to next season. That is quite a big difference to what you suggested above.

Tan probably understands blow football or Subbuteo !

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Just to make sure that you don't get away with your usual misrepresentation of the facts here, I would just like to point out that Dalman actually said that he HAD become disengaged and disenchanted with his job due to the difficulties the club had suffered in the last two years but that he was now fully energised and re-engaged again and looking forward to next season. That is quite a big difference to what you suggested above.
    Beyond parody

Friendly banter for me.
    Yes I agree , it was a lighthearted quip and I reckon the press were winding up before the conference started as further down the line he told one of the reporters to “stop it” ( they were obviously on a wind up) with a smile on his face.

Not banter for me, that definitely showed signs of previous tensions but a man who doesn't really care too much what he says now.
    It was the sort of "quip" I'd have said about a manager I once worked for, at the point where i'd realised they were nuts and I was just picking up a salary.
    Vincent will be Vincent

David you can't help yourself, can you? Poor dab!

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Not banter for me, that definitely showed signs of previous tensions but a man who doesn't really care too much what he says now.
    It was the sort of "quip" I'd have said about a manager I once worked for, at the point where i'd realised they were nuts and I was just picking up a salary.
    Vincent will be Vincent
    I may be wrong, but I thought Dalman didn't take a salary from the club.

Although I'm sure he is making money from Cardiff City in other ways (especially his stake in loans at 9% interest).

Isn't he also a director at HR Owen where he does get an executive salary from the Tan-owned company?

Like watching Charlie Brown running up to kick the American football believing this time the girl won't move it out the way 😂

Point of order in case you missed it;
    Dalman actually said that Tan "ACTUALLY BELIEVES he understands football" (Pulls wry smile)

He said it was because of the single shareholder, ie Vincent Tan. You must be on a wind up now.

Dalman has been slagging off Tan a fair bit in the past two years but he was extremely brazen the other day. I guess as the club owes him £30m at 9%, he feels in a position of power. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Dalman get a consortium to buy out Tan once the Sala legal avenues are finally exhausted and we pay up.

Post Re: Vincent understands football

Telling jokes against someone who isn’t there with you can be a dangerous thing to do because the person concerned’s reaction to it is dependent on how it gets reported back to them. In this instance, I’d say Tan and Dalman would have to have a very strong relationship and friendship for the former to just pass what is on that video off as a joke - especially given some of the things Dalman has said about Tan in the past.

Yet, we’ve just appointed a manager that most fans have never heard of before and most at the club only heard of him two years ago because, apparently, we tried to get him at the time. It’s not 100 per cent clear that our pursuit of Bulut originated from Dalman, but it seems fairly certain that it did - I’ll definitely be giving Dalman most of the credit if he turns out to be an inspired signing and pinning most of the blame on our Chairman if he flops. The fact that we have appointed Bulut suggests that whatever the relationship between the two men, our owner still has a degree of trust in the Chairman’s football judgement.

As for Tan’s knowledge of football, surely there is enough out there now to make the notion that he wants his players to shoot once they get within fifty yards of the opposition goal perfectly believable? The story about goalkeepers being told to shoot more is not quite as believable, but has a ring of truth in it to me. Finally, his rebrand showed an ignorance as to exactly what their football team means to many, the majority, of its supporters. If Dalman was joking on Monday, then, like many of the best jokes, it was made all the better because it had its basis in the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He said it was because of the single shareholder, ie Vincent Tan. You must be on a wind up now.

Dalman has been slagging off Tan a fair bit in the past two years but he was extremely brazen the other day. I guess as the club owes him £30m at 9%, he feels in a position of power. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Dalman get a consortium to buy out Tan once the Sala legal avenues are finally exhausted and we pay up.
    He said he was unable to action his reccomendations in the last 18 months and, in his own words, had "Given up".

He was clearly talking about Tan.

Friendly banter for me.
    I'm told privately It was wind , is it okay to like Dalman or will I become cancelled like JK Rowland for speaking ones mind ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'm told privately It was wind , is it okay to like Dalman or will I become cancelled like JK Rowland for speaking ones mind ?
    Farting about then.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    JK Rowland? Was he in Dexy's Midnight Runners?