+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City 1949/50

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cardiff City 1949/50

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I didn’t know they had a small stand between the Grange End and the grandstand enclosure.
    That was used as a press box.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    That was used as a press box.
    A great film and great to see some of the players who played in my first City match in 1950 against Manchester City. The score in the match was 1-1 and Elfed Evans scored for the City. Man City had Bert Trautmann in goal, with Welsh internationals Roy Paul and Roy Clarke also in the team. Needless to say I was hooked, and I am still a season ticket holder.
    City layers I picked out from the film included Alf Sherwood, Stan Montgomery, Ken Hollyman, Billy Baker, Roley Williams, and goalkeeper Phil Joslin, who unfortunately broke his ankle in a warm up match before the 1951/52 season, and never played again. I remember seeing a photo of his ankle in the Football Echo and his feet were pointing 180 degrees in the wrong direction.
    Thanks again for the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Woosnam View Post
    A great film and great to see some of the players who played in my first City match in 1950 against Manchester City. The score in the match was 1-1 and Elfed Evans scored for the City. Man City had Bert Trautmann in goal, with Welsh internationals Roy Paul and Roy Clarke also in the team. Needless to say I was hooked, and I am still a season ticket holder.
    City layers I picked out from the film included Alf Sherwood, Stan Montgomery, Ken Hollyman, Billy Baker, Roley Williams, and goalkeeper Phil Joslin, who unfortunately broke his ankle in a warm up match before the 1951/52 season, and never played again. I remember seeing a photo of his ankle in the Football Echo and his feet were pointing 180 degrees in the wrong direction.
    Thanks again for the film.
    Thanks - great to have someone contributing who saw the 49/50 side play