Steve Morison may still be City manager today if he'd had a striker who scored five times in the first eight games of the season like Tommy Best did in 49/50. It wasn't good enough to keep Best in the team though and he only played once more after that before disappearing from the scene, presumably off on that loan spell at QPR mentioned earlier in the thread.

Best scored the winner in the early season game with the jacks in front of that huge crowd and got both goals in a 2-0 win over Hull in the next game at Ninian Park in a game which must have been played on a Monday afternoon and yet there were just over 40,000 watching it (maybe what we call August Bank holiday was a little bit later back then?) - given that Hull played in their normal amber and black that day, I don't think that match is on the film. Best also scored in he 4-2 loss against Leicester I mentioned earlier, so I'd be fairly confident that is one of the matches featured. Apart from a 2-0 loss at Sheffield United in November, that was Best's last game for City - his other goal in 49/50 coming in a 2-2 draw at Bury.

Regarding that building between the Grange End and the Enclosure, Cyncoed Slumdog is much, much older than me, so I can't argue with him when he says it was built as a press box, but I remember it as Radio Ninian where the DJ played his pre match records from. It must have been knocked down at the same time they demolished the old Grange End and in it's latter years it would display the winning time for the golden goal competition whereby the person with the ticket showing the correct time of the first goal scored in minutes and second won a huge cash prize - well, about 50 quid.

Can't help much about Showell's Brewery I'm afraid, although I think I saw a programme from the fifties which had an aerial picture of the ground with a Rhymney Beer advert on the Grange End roof - maybe I'm imagining it, but I thought Rhymney Beer was still being sold in the sixties? I'm sure I saw adverts dotted around the city for it when I was a kid.