+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steve Morison

International

Re: Steve Morison

Good for him, learn the job and work your way up if you are good enough, Gerrard and Lampard should be working at that level or just above until they know what management is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Hornchurch are as far down as a level lower than Morison ever played while he was in non-league (Bishop's Stortford were in the Conference South while he was playing for them). It's an incredible move from level 2 to level 7. Makes you wonder how many times he got knocked back for jobs further up the pyramid and why he's apparently such an unattractive option for Football League and even National League clubs.
    Morison won a manager of a month award at Championship level, he kept a team up that had lost eight straight matches and were 3-0 down before drawing in his first game. Also,the loan signings he made in January were generally regarded as having played a big part in avoiding the drop. I say this only to show that it wasn’t all bad under Morison even if I was never that keen on him.

I’d also say he would have got more time to bed in what was a new squad, which was supposed to be playing in a completely different manner, at most other clubs, so it seems odd to me that not one club all the way down to the National Leagues North or South deemed Morison worthy of managing their team. Maybe Morison has a problem with how he is perceived within the game?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    That was clearly not the plan of football

It was many players, high intensity, utilise 5 subs.

We needed that many players for the style we was going for.

Just the players chosen were crap.

I wouldn't bet against the transfer comittee selecting Ojo, not Morison which probably took a chunk of the wages.
    The style was a nothingness. It was sort of tippy tappy with no end product, and we didn’t really press that much as most teams just sat back and let us have it. There was no creativity in the side, it was naive in the extreme and he paid the price of it. We weren’t much cop in the season before with players like Doyle and Drameh either. Having a style that relies on getting players of Whyte’s ability in the squad isn’t a very good style.

Morison is far from the worst manager we’ve had though so he must really interview poorly (after listening to his interviews I can definitely see this!), or the rumours we’ve heard about about him being disliked by the players must be true and everyone in football knows it. To manage a Championship club, without being a disaster, and having to drop out of professional football is incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Maybe Morison has a problem with how he is perceived within the game?
    I would say that is an absolute certainty.

I suppose the longer he goes without going into another role the more difficult it would be for someone who only had about a year of experience to get another decent job.
    I guess he's made the decision to drop right down to try to prove himself rather than waiting for something that might never happen. if he's a success there he will probably get a better job soon, if he fails there then that's probably it.

possibly a similar story to his playing career

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65855859

Steve Morison held talks with Cardiff City about returning as manager before he joined Hornchurch, the non-league club's chairman says.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65855859

Steve Morison held talks with Cardiff City about returning as manager before he joined Hornchurch, the non-league club's chairman says.
    The fact he was in discussions really baffles me

What a random approach to selecting a new manager