+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Novak Djokovic vs Carlos Alcaraz today - Roland Garros Men's semi-finals Friday 9th June 2023

Novak Djokovic vs Carlos Alcaraz today - Roland Garros Men's semi-finals Friday 9th June 2023

Should be a cracker.
    On Eurosport from 13:45 on.

Re: Novak Djokovic vs Carlos Alcaraz today - Roland Garros Men's semi-finals Friday 9th June 2023

Looking forward to catching bits of it whilst working.

Great player but surprised by how short Alcaraz' odds are considering it's against Djokovic

Re: Novak Djokovic vs Carlos Alcaraz today - Roland Garros Men's semi-finals Friday 9th June 2023

Don't follow the tennis a lot but I don't think I've ever heard of Alcaraz.

He must be some player and the next tennis superstar?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Hope he wins cant stand the Serbian

I've watched Alcaraz in most of his matches, he is athletic and some of the drop shots he produces are sublime. He will definitely try to make Novak run around. Youth against experience, and be interesting how wily Djokovic plays him.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Hope he wins cant stand the Serbian
    He's not my favourite either, knows all the tricks.
    Would be a cracking footballer in one of Mourinho's teams.

No doubting his class though, on of the all time greats.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Foggon View Post
    I've watched Alcaraz in most of his matches, he is athletic and some of the drop shots he produces are sublime. He will definitely try to make Novak run around. Youth against experience, and be interesting how wily Djokovic plays him.
    Shame I can't watch it today, catch him again at Wimbledon

Starting now. Feels big this. They've only played against each other once before. It was last year and Alcaraz won a very close match.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Foggon View Post
    Can Novak escape from Alcaraz?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Can Novak escape from Alcaraz?
    Quite easily by the look of the score

Edit:
    Got the word association BTW, sorry couldn't think of anything witty sorry 😐

Quite easily by the look of the score

Edit:
    Got the word association BTW, sorry couldn't think of anything witty sorry ��
    Only because he got injured….he was right back in it at at one set all

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Only because he got injured….he was right back in it at at one set all
    Ah really, that's a shame

Spanish cramps leads to Serbian win. The match was quite well balanced until the 'injury'

The GOAT delivers.

It was an amazing first two sets. Such a shame. Is it a bit worrying that Alcaraz cramped up so early? Djokovic is twice his age and has played 4 more hours of tennis than him this tournament. Either way, we got to see one of the best shots since Federer last did it:

Alcaraz with a contender for shot of the year against Djokovic
    by u/only-shallow in tennis

Djokovic, 36, faces Norway's Casper Ruud, 24, in the men's singles final at the French Open on Sunday 13:30 Eurosport.

With the win by Djokovic today, the GOAT title isn't for debate now, it's a FACT isn't it ?