+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Retained list

Re: Retained list

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianAlston View Post
    Agree and there is nothing wrong with that.

Also, if Harris wasn't local he wouldn't be playing for us.
    In fact, Harris is a Jack.

I really thought Harris had turned a corner in October-ish but he didn't. He's going to have a career in the game because he works his nuts off, is quite quick and he isn't terrible. He isn't a good player at this level and I'm not sure why we're offering him new terms, I guess they're a bit worried we won't have a squad if they can't get the transfer ban overturned.

Bagan and King are perhaps worth having a further look at (I'd have moved Bagan on myself as he cannot defend for toffee), and the club have made the right decision on the rest. I actually think Phillips is probably better than the other two but they've both got a year left, we won't be able to move them along and none of the 3 are that good.

Sang is not good enough, he's capable of being OK but he's not kicked on at all, and if we're going to have a squad that is manageable, then we need to move him on. Wickham and Whyte are miles off it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I really thought Harris had turned a corner in October-ish but he didn't. He's going to have a career in the game because he works his nuts off, is quite quick and he isn't terrible. He isn't a good player at this level and I'm not sure why we're offering him new terms, I guess they're a bit worried we won't have a squad if they can't get the transfer ban overturned.

Bagan and King are perhaps worth having a further look at (I'd have moved Bagan on myself as he cannot defend for toffee), and the club have made the right decision on the rest. I actually think Phillips is probably better than the other two but they've both got a year left, we won't be able to move them along and none of the 3 are that good.

Sang is not good enough, he's capable of being OK but he's not kicked on at all, and if we're going to have a squad that is manageable, then we need to move him on. Wickham and Whyte are miles off it.
    There were people calling for Sang to be the answer to our midfield problems last season.

I just wonder if the club are looking at the issues of last season bringing in forward players and offered him a basic deal as a squad player, who do we have at the moment Etete? We need 3 more strikers? If Harris can be kept on a decent wage as 4th choice and wages used to bring in 2 better strikers on bigger wages.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I just wonder if the club are looking at the issues of last season bringing in forward players and offered him a basic deal as a squad player, who do we have at the moment Etete? We need 3 more strikers? If Harris can be kept on a decent wage as 4th choice and wages used to bring in 2 better strikers on bigger wages.
    He can't score

He might score in league 1

But he's not championship level

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He can't score

He might score in league 1

But he's not championship level
    I agree.