+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best parking options at Cardiff airport

International

Re: Best parking options at Cardiff airport

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Despite being informed by every single study that’s ever been undertaken about the potential and profitability of the airport no one or no body has taken the decisions required to make travelling to the airport an easy straightforward option.

Bristol isn’t easy to get to but the traffic routes and willingness to work with the carriers make it a better option.

We will have to wait and see what the long term impact of the Clean air zone has on traveller numbers in Bristol especially when the quiet by roads and picturesque villages get clogged up with vehicles travelling that way to avoid the extra charge
    Yes I hope we can improve the numbers at Cardiff Airport, it is a lovely airport. I know it's one lane but I find the drive there reasonably fast efficient and enjoyable, Bristol airport is becoming a pain, and going through security is a nightmare, and the bag collection area is clogged up and slow too.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    First time I've seen Cardiff city centre compared to Hong Kong TBH! How about setting up the Waverley from The Bay rather than the MRT
    The Canton connection.

There was works to improve 5 mile lane to make it quicker and safer, not sure how much difference it made.

TFW also have brought the train to rhoose and 905 bus under one ticket and re-scheduled the bus around the trains arrival/departure, that’s made public transport a more attractive option

https://nation.cymru/news/new-integrated-link-to-cardiff-international-airport/

Park on the road in upper Barry and then call an Uber.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    its all a matter of passenger numbers - more numbers mean less costs per passenger and cheaper flights and more flights - more numbers.

The airport was dead on its arse when the WAG stepped in and over the next few years they managed to build it back up to 2 million passengers, which is where it starts to get sognificant. at that point you can justify spending more on improving the transport links etc too.

unfortunately covid hit and absolutely wiped it out again, o they have to go back to trying to build it up again
    Your figures are way out. When WAG took over the airport it had over 1m passengers pa. Last year it had 860,000, so I'm not sure how that counts as success in any form. Bristol now has 8m passengers pa.

Best option for me living in Ely Cardiff if can’t get a lift then best option is to get a large taxi to take 4 with suitcases.
    About £20/£25.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Your figures are way out. When WAG took over the airport it had over 1m passengers pa. Last year it had 860,000, so I'm not sure how that counts as success in any form. Bristol now has 8m passengers pa.
    j2hgw0p6m44qe215s4m1rj7wne9dbqq.jpg

the Welsh government took over in about 2013. halted the terminal decline, and got it growing steadily.

prior to COVID it almost got back to 2m passengers and probably would have exceeded that by now. unfortunately it has set it right back to square one, like many other regional airports