+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Johns Hopkins study says 'ill-founded' COVID lockdowns did more harm than good

Re: Johns Hopkins study says 'ill-founded' COVID lockdowns did more harm than good

Why didn’t the government at the time follow the ScieNce

https://twitter.com/clarkemicah/stat...LhmySD2aRt-GNgIMG_4092.jpg

Re: Johns Hopkins study says 'ill-founded' COVID lockdowns did more harm than good

Sounds close to home this paragraph

The Telegraph has spoken to current and former BBC journalists who described a “climate of fear” existing in the corporation during the pandemic, with experienced reporters “openly mocked” if they questioned the wisdom of lockdowns, or called “dissenters”.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Sounds close to home this paragraph

The Telegraph has spoken to current and former BBC journalists who described a “climate of fear” existing in the corporation during the pandemic, with experienced reporters “openly mocked” if they questioned the wisdom of lockdowns, or called “dissenters”.
    I wonder how much of the propaganda got regurgitated on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I wonder how much of the propaganda got regurgitated on here?
    You mean is still being regurgitated

You mean is still being regurgitated
    I remember some posters getting quite shirty when they were telling others what they should be doing. Turning the majority into propagandists is actually quite brilliant when you think about it.

I remember some posters getting quite shirty when they were telling others what they should be doing. Turning the majority into propagandists is actually quite brilliant when you think about it.
    “Shirty”, that’s a diplomatic way of saying it.

I’ve respect for anyone who recalls what things were like in early 2020 and acknowledges that something had to be done to moderate the effects of the coming pandemic.if such people now have doubts about the methods used based on experience and subsequent studies, then, fair enough - lessons were learned and you’d hope we’d be better placed when the next one comes along as a result.On the other hand, I have no respect whatsoever for the group on here who were dismissing Covid through those early months of2020 as just the flu, a Chinese plot etc and are now trying to come over all I told you so - the spring of 202p proved them to be completely and dangerously wrong and some of us will never forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’ve respect for anyone who recalls what things were like in early 2020 and acknowledges that something had to be done to moderate the effects of the coming pandemic.
    So you're sticking with the government and media propaganda line that was used to terrify the public into accepting the response?

if such people now have doubts about the methods used based on experience and subsequent studies, then, fair enough - lessons were learned and you’d hope we’d be better placed when the next one comes along as a result.
    Many experts raised the alarm at the time, but they were silenced and labelled as conspiracy theorists.

On the other hand, I have no respect whatsoever for the group on here who were dismissing Covid through those early months of 2020 as just the flu, a Chinese plot etc and are now trying to come over all I told you so - the spring of 2020 proved them to be completely and dangerously wrong and some of us will never forget that.
    So you're going to ignore all the current data and information about the lab leak, etc? Fair enough, at least you are always consistent.

So you're sticking with the government and media propaganda line that was used to terrify the public into accepting the response?

Many experts raised the alarm at the time, but they were silenced and labelled as conspiracy theorists.

So you're going to ignore all the current data and information about the lab leak, etc? Fair enough, at least you are always consistent.
    Here he is, I told you so merchant number one, despite the fact that he did nothing of the sort, I can remember you going from it’s only the flu in the beginning to seizing on US modelling that calculated “only” 7,000 would die in the UK such was your desperation to make out that Covid was not as bad as it was being predicted to be around February 2020. Remember that modelling which predicted 66,000 dead in the UK which was greeted with a mixture of horror and incredulity on here in March 2020 - this was at the time that Chris Valance I think it was predicted 20,000 dead would be a “good” outcome.

Instead, the official figures show 200,000 plus died and all the sceptics can do about this shocking figure is bleat on about them not really dying of Covid! The pandemic turned out to be the worst crisis UK residents who were not alive in the 1940s have been through in their lives - it was clear from the start that drastic measures were needed and with a vaccine that needed to be developed against a speed is of the essence background, there always could have been repercussions later on. The pandemic will turn out to be a once in a lifetime event for many who came through it, there were very few precedents to fall back on and so mistakes were bound to be made, the important thing now is that they are acted upon and people use the experience they gained to best effect in preparation for the future.

What serves no purpose whatsoever is the gifted ones on this board chucking stones from their usual position on the sidelines as they indulge themselves in a fantasy “if only they’d listened to us” world - if the likes of you had been listened to by the powers that be in early 2020 that horrendous 200,000 plus figure would be far, far higher.

Here he is, I told you so merchant number one, despite the fact that he did nothing of the sort, I can remember you going from it’s only the flu in the beginning to seizing on US modelling that calculated “only” 7,000 would die in the UK such was your desperation to make out that Covid was not as bad as it was being predicted to be around February 2020. Remember that modelling which predicted 66,000 dead in the UK which was greeted with a mixture of horror and incredulity on her in March 2020 - this was at the time that Chris Valance I think it was predicted 20,000 dead would be a “good” outcome.

Instead, the official figures show 200,000 plus died and all the sceptics can do about this shocking figure is bleat on about them not really dying of Covid! The pandemic turned out to be the worst crisis UK residents who were not alive in the 1940s have been through in their lives - it was clear from the start that drastic measures were needed and with a vaccine that needed to be developed against a speed is of the essence, there could be repercussions later on. The pandemic will turn out to be once in a lifetime event for many who came through it, there were very few precedents to fall back on and so mistakes were bound to be made, the important thing now is that they are acted and people use the experience they gained to best effect in preparation for the future.

What serves no purpose whatsoever is the gifted ones on this board chucking stones from their usual position on the sidelines as they indulge themselves in a fantasy “if only they’d listened to us” world - if the likes of you had been listened to in early 2020 that horrendous 200,000 plus figure would be far, far higher.
    As I said above, you are going to stick with your version of events as seen through the prism of the BBC and that's fair enough, but please don't try to make out that everything you say is fact.

As I said above, you are going to stick with your version of events as seen through the prism of the BBC and that's fair enough, but please don't try to make out that everything you say is fact.
    So you’re saying you didn’t go on about the 7,000 dead modelling? There was no 66,000 dead modelling, it was not claimed that 20,000 dead would be a good outcome and that Government figures do not say that 200,000 plus have died in the UK?

I’ve respect for anyone who recalls what things were like in early 2020 and acknowledges that something had to be done to moderate the effects of the coming pandemic.if such people now have doubts about the methods used based on experience and subsequent studies, then, fair enough - lessons were learned and you’d hope we’d be better placed when the next one comes along as a result.On the other hand, I have no respect whatsoever for the group on here who were dismissing Covid through those early months of2020 as just the flu, a Chinese plot etc and are now trying to come over all I told you so - the spring of 202p proved them to be completely and dangerously wrong and some of us will never forget that.

So you’re saying you didn’t go on about the 7,000 dead modelling? There was no 66,000 dead modelling, it was not claimed that 20,000 dead would be a good outcome and that Government figures do not say that 200,000 plus have died in the UK?
    I think “Covid only “ is much much less than 200k ,although sadly it’s probably on point with Covid mentioned on the death certificate

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/trans...dbycovid19only

Anyone know how many influenza deaths there were during the same period ( with flu mentioned on the death certificate )

You will probably ignore the DNAR notices, the COD including with and not from covid on the death certificates, the increased use of end of life protocols, a lack of early treatment and treating bacterial pneumonia with ventilators instead of antibiotics, plus the official all cause excess mortality figures, etc., so getting into the specifics is a pointless exercise as you are only going to see what you want to see, and you will never question anything that the BBC has ever published.

Anyone know how many influenza deaths there were during the same period ( with flu mentioned on the death certificate )
    Not very many!

You will probably ignore the DNAR notices, the COD including with and not from covid on the death certificates, the increased use of end of life protocols, a lack of early treatment and treating bacterial pneumonia with ventilators instead of antibiotics, plus the official all cause excess mortality figures, etc., so getting into the specifics is a pointless exercise as you are only going to see what you want to see, and you will never question anything that the BBC has ever published.
    Coming from someone who is regularly critical of the Beeb and is dismissive of things you don't believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Coming from someone who is regularly critical of the Beeb.
    With good reason it seems!

All wise after the event stuff from someone looking around to find anything to try to justify their original, indefensible, position - I’m interested in what you were saying in early 2020, not mid 2023.

All wise after the event stuff from someone looking around to find anything to try to justify their original, indefensible, position - I’m interested in what you were saying in early 2020, not mid 2023.
    Well, I took my own advice and I'm still here, so I must have been doing something right

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    T.B.F I think it's all that could have been done at the outset, the disappointment was that, scientists who as the event was progressing were trying to say hold on a min there might be an alternative, and I'm thinking the Barrington declaration and Geert Vanden Bossche were basically told to facking p1ss off and shut the F up, we'll never really know and "it is what it is" (I hate this saying which seems very popular at the moment) Lessons learnt for the next one ? I doubt it, we often read that Lockdowns saved nnnn amount of lives, the linked study from what i believe to be a credible source suggests differently.
    What I found appalling was the opportunity politicians took to score points whilst folk were in need a real national consensus .

I the average death of Covid was and is still 83 .

I also think the government would have not had the lockdown measure they did apply it did if they hadn't worry about the fear whipped up by scientists , social media , TV media/Papers , unions , and opposition parties and the likes of Drakeford and Sturgeon looking for fame ..

There was a better way ( Sweden )

I think Covid lockdown may well kill more in the coming years , anxiety and mental illness on the rise , children never really come to ease with it effecting their long term confidence , human interactions , freedom to play and education ..

"" The latest attendance data from the Department for Education (DfE) revealed that absences in the spring term this year were still 50% higher than before the pandemic, while in 2021-22 more than one in five secondary pupils were “persistently absent” for missing 10% or more of sessions ""

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    What I found appalling was the opportunity politicians took to score points whilst folk were in need a real national consensus .

I the average death of Covid was and is still 83 .

I also think the government would have not had the lockdown measure they did apply it did if they hadn't worry about the fear whipped up by scientists , social media , TV media/Papers , unions , and opposition parties and the likes of Drakeford and Sturgeon looking for fame ..

There was a better way ( Sweden )

I think Covid lockdown may well kill more in the coming years , anxiety and mental illness on the rise , children never really come to ease with it effecting their long term confidence , human interactions , freedom to play and education ..

"" The latest attendance data from the Department for Education (DfE) revealed that absences in the spring term this year were still 50% higher than before the pandemic, while in 2021-22 more than one in five secondary pupils were “persistently absent” for missing 10% or more of sessions ""
    Where Gluey goes LOM follows, more wise after the event stuff.

I missed the 'wise' bit.

Who’s Gluey BTW , a few of the usual faces keep mentioning this user name ?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I missed the 'wise' bit.
    Well you would , its called having another view on life that doesn't correspond to your bitter views , another patronising left wing remark from the same old stable , I notice that you appear to follow certain folk as well .

It is called freedom of speech, something folk fought for best not to insult or shut down it is a weakness , everyone's view is worthwhile in a free decent society however controversial or not agreeable it may sound to your views ..

Up the left revolution and inclusivity .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Well you would , its called having another view on life that doesn't correspond to your bitter views , another patronising left wing remark from the same old stable , I notice that you appear to follow certain folk as well .

It is called freedom of speech, something folk fought for best not to insult or shut down it is a weakness , everyone's view is worthwhile in a free decent society however controversial or not agreeable it may sound to your views ..

Up the left revolution and inclusivity .
    "everyone's view is worthwhile in a free decent society however controversial or not agreeable it may sound to your views"

He says, complaining about something someone said.