+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Finishing the 92

Finishing the 92

Responses to my thread about retirement, has given me a new bucket list item, to finish the 92.

For next season, my opening number is 76 (would be higher but there are clubs now either out of the league or defunct). I’ve visited all of those 76 with City. The missing ones I’ll have to do without City, unless there’s a cup tie along the way.

8 Traditional clubs I missed out on:
    Lincoln, Exeter, Cambridge, Carlisle, Orient, Grimsby, Tranmere, Wimbledon

8 New to the league, since we were in the basement:
    Fleetwood, Morecambe, Stevenage, Salford, Barrow, Sutton, Harrogate, Crawley

Some glamorous weekends away to convince Mrs.Parrot that she needs to go to!

Re: Finishing the 92

Now that is a brilliant goal to achieve

Are the 76 you have done all the current grounds?

For example Colchester. I went to Layer Rd a couple of times but never the new ground. So I wouldn’t count that.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Responses to my thread about retirement, has given me a new bucket list item, to finish the 92.

For next season, my opening number is 76 (would be higher but there are clubs now either out of the league or defunct). I’ve visited all of those 76 with City. The missing ones I’ll have to do without City, unless there’s a cup tie along the way.

8 Traditional clubs I missed out on:
    Lincoln, Exeter, Cambridge, Carlisle, Orient, Grimsby, Tranmere, Wimbledon

8 New to the league, since we were in the basement:
    Fleetwood, Morecambe, Stevenage, Salford, Barrow, Sutton, Harrogate, Crawley

Some glamorous weekends away to convince Mrs.Parrot that she needs to go to!
    This is a fantastic thing to go after, and will involve some good trips and sightseeing (in some places LOL), and probably some agricultural football - enjoy your retirement!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

For example Colchester. I went to Layer Rd a couple of times but never the new ground. So I wouldn’t count that.
    This is a good app

https://www.the92.net/

I lived in South Wimbledon in the '80s. When I couldn't get to City games, I'd often go a game in London. You could pay on the day back then. I frequently went to Highbury, Stamford Bridge, White Hart Lane and Selhurst Park where Charlton were ground sharing. I once went to Plough Lane to see Wimbledon play Oxford. I think it was the lowest ever top flight attendance. Around 5,000. It was boring as ****. I started in the Wimbledon end and asked to be removed by the coppers at half time. The Oxford fans weren't much better. But they had this one chant that I'll never forget: "Oxford are I, I are Oxford". To the tune of the Pompey clock.

Yes I've got a few like that; I can't count Tottenham nor Brentford now.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    This is a good app

https://www.the92.net/
    I see friendlies, reserves and women's matches count so long as they are ticketed. The last two are new to me. Whilst they dont count towards the 92 (unless subsequently promoted to the league), I've included grounds such as Bodmin, Bath and Larkhall in the City tally.
    Currently on:
    51 league grounds with City (52 if you include Spurs at Wembley)
    4 non league with City
    4 other non league
    1 league
    2 abroad
    2 former league but demolished and relocated.
    and Wembley 5 times
    The idea of the 92 in retirement does appeal. Mrs D would disagree!

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    I see friendlies, reserves and women's matches count so long as they are ticketed. The last two are new to me. Whilst they dont count towards the 92 (unless subsequently promoted to the league), I've included grounds such as Bodmin, Bath and Larkhall in the City tally.
    Currently on:
    51 league grounds with City (52 if you include Spurs at Wembley)
    4 non league with City
    4 other non league
    1 league
    2 abroad
    2 former league but demolished and relocated.
    and Wembley 5 times
    The idea of the 92 in retirement does appeal. Mrs D would disagree!
    I’ll come

You'd better get a move on Des.
    The OP should be "Finishing the 136"

I’ve done 74 of them , the trouble being they are all getting further and further away.

Just checked teh leagues and i have done 66. Thought i had done more than that. Then went through the non league table and realised i have done loads of them.
    Spedger

I’ve done about 70 oddof the current league grounds , and loads old older ones like Gloucester City, Cov, Stoke,Millwall , Wimbledon etc

Been to a few abroad wit City and Wales ,so I guess over 100 in total but would love to do the 92 and all the main County Cricket Grounds when I retire.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    I’ve done 74 of them , the trouble being they are all getting further and further away.
    I've only done about 40. All the shit ones. I've only seen about a dozen games since 1992. I've only seen one Premier League game. Cardiff 0-3 Southampton. It wasn't pretty. I'm trying to think of the best ground I've seen the City play in. Maybe Maine Road.

I’ll have to have a look Mike, for example, Rotherham, Coventry, Arsenal, Newport, Swansea, Leicester, Millwall, Stoke and a few others I’ve been to old & new. I think it’s only Spurs & Brentford that I haven’t been to the new ground. I’ve been to something like 110 different grounds with City in total, the difference is a mix of doubling old & new plus ex league teams, Bury, Halifax, Southend, Hereford, Oldham, Yeovil, Scunthorpe, Kidderminster etc. Plus Merthyr, Gloucester, Chasetown & Wembley.

The only treble I can think of is Bristol Rovers, Eastville, Twerton & Memorial.

I’ve been to Colchester’s new ground.