+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Ethan Ampadu...

Re: Ethan Ampadu...

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    More worryingly, if Dan James does get on the pitch, he’ll get behind Goutas and McGuinness and improve his final product and hand City their arses on a plate.

Hasn’t James played more Premier League games than Ampadu?
    Probably, since Average Amps has spent the previous two seasons in Serie A.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Those Leeds fans are right nutters, they reckon he's the new KP!
    That’s nuts

I'm surprised a team that is used to playing in Europe gave him so much time and space. I hope our coaches were watching and sort it out before we play them two weeks time.

Probably, since Average Amps has spent the previous two seasons in Serie A.
    I think Serie A and European football suits Average Amps more than the intensity and speed of the Premier League/Championship?

It's interesting you noted the amount of time Monaco gave Ampadu yesterday. I'll be expecting Ralls to leave him know he's there if he's looking like Leeds main creative player.

It's going to be interesting to see how Ampadu does this season. Be great for Wales if he does develop into a Premier league level midfielder as they're woefully short in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I think Serie A and European football suits Average Amps more than the intensity and speed of the Premier League/Championship?

It's interesting you noted the amount of time Monaco gave Ampadu yesterday. I'll be expecting Ralls to leave him know he's there if he's looking like Leeds main creative player.

It's going to be interesting to see how Ampadu does this season. Be great for Wales if he does develop into a Premier league level midfielder as they're woefully short in that area.
    It looks like Farke has a good understanding of his game. He's learnt how to play through the press in Italy, and the way he can drop in between the centre backs from midfield has always been one of his strengths, which allows both fullbacks to push forward giving the playmaker plenty of options.

It looks like Farke has a good understanding of his game. He's learnt how to play through the press in Italy, and the way he can drop in between the centre backs from midfield has always been one of his strengths, which allows both fullbacks to push forward giving the playmaker plenty of options.
    How do you know that Farke has a good understanding of Ampadu's game. What gives you that impression, or are you just making it up. Unless there's an article out there or an interview with Farke, then you don't know anything.

Another thing. Ampadu's biggest problem is his defending, when he's on the Back foot, with his back to goal. That's where he needs to improve, his awareness, composure and positioning, he twists hi myself up. He's decent enough spraying the ball and with 20 yards of space in front of him. His downfall is when things get on top, congested, where he has to think quickly. I hope Farke can fix that aspect of his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    How do you know that Farke has a good understanding of Ampadu's game.
    Farke phoned him up.

Farke phoned him up.
    The bugging device is working well then

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The bugging device is working well then
    He was asked why he joined Leeds, and he said the manager phoned him up and told him what's he's good at, what he can improve, and how he would fit into his team. From the brief match highlights, I would say the role he played yesterday suits his style of play.

whatdoeshedu

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    whatdoeshedu
    So yesterday. He has a free role in front of the back four, and he wasn't bothered, was he? I understand that his job is to give the ball to better players in attack, but not once did he thread a ball through, taking out any of our players. His positioning for the two goals was questionable as well. He's a ****ing disaster on the backfoot, he just can't adjust, everything has to be in front of him. If you care to look, on both of our goals he was ball watching (again) he does it for Wales and he did it a sheffield united, (Alot) He has no awareness of what's going on around him. Dear Ethan, at the age of 12 you would've been told that before a pass is made to you or in anticipation of a pass by the opposition, that you always 'Look over your shoulder) just so you know what's going on around you. Thanks for not doing that yesterday

I thought he was one of their best players yesterday, everything went through him, and he mopped up everything,

I’m not alone

https://www.footballfancast.com/leed...f-elland-road/

https://www.leedsunited.news/news/bb...in-leeds-draw/

There’s also articles from Leeds captain and an ex player raving about the impact he’s had.

https://tbrfootball.com/hes-a-class-...in-pre-season/

https://www.leedsunited.news/news/li...es-experience/

So weird this thread

To find space yesterday he had to drop deeper and deeper to receive the ball, suited us as he didn’t play a long, killer ball, in fact passed back to the ‘keeper a few times. Did a fair bit of finger pointing when on the ball in acres of space just outside his penalty area though, very important that.

When Gnonto went off I thought thank feck for that. If Ethan had gone off It would have made no difference. I dont think he covered himself in glory in either of our goals ( none of their defensive unit did).

If mopping up and passing and recycling the ball with loads of time and freedom is having a good game then yes he was brilliant.

Leeds looked very good attacking wise. The defensive unit is very suspect and Ethan and co will have far tougher tests.

Young Gray at 17 already looks a better player.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I thought he was one of their best players yesterday, everything went through him, and he mopped up everything,

I’m not alone

https://www.footballfancast.com/leed...f-elland-road/

https://www.leedsunited.news/news/bb...in-leeds-draw/

There’s also articles from Leeds captain and an ex player raving about the impact he’s had.

https://tbrfootball.com/hes-a-class-...in-pre-season/

https://www.leedsunited.news/news/li...es-experience/

So weird this thread
    You're not alone, he's in the 2024 Championship team of the season

And i'll be the first to say that he has come on loads, he's really matured as a player. So, if i end up being wrong with my assessment on him then so be it. Lets see how far he can go

He could also be in the 2025 Championship team of the season?

Yet to do it in the Premier League. I'm not convinced.

Necro threading again Mr Bales! What some people will do to get the last word in........

Who votes for that out of interest? Im assuming its different to the PFA team of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Necro threading again Mr Bales! What some people will do to get the last word in........
    The post was bookmarked as there were some interesting comments in the thread, and I thought it would be igood to see how he did over the course of the season

The post was bookmarked as there were some interesting comments in the thread, and I thought it would be igood to see how he did over the course of the season
    Looks like Ampadu's play off experiences in Italy will be coming in handy?

Surely the point is that the fact there is an argument still going on when Ampadu is twenty three, with valid points on both sides, as to whether he is good enough for the Premier League standard or not (for what it’s worth, I think he has shown this season that he can play in the top flight) makes some of the claims you’ve been making about him in the last seven years or so look a bit outlandish?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He swtiches off all the time. He's a DM. Him and Joe Rodon as a CB pairing would be absolutely hilarious.

He should screen a back 4, pick it up and give it to the full back or the playmaker next to him.
    *applause*

Ampadu/Rodon pairing have conceded 7 goals in the last two games against Boro and QPR.

Ampadu is a good player but has a non-standard skill set that doesn't for the identikit modern 4231. A bit underpowered for a centre half and makes Wintle look accurate and adventurous as a DM.

He can travel with the ball unlike any our recent centre halfs but for what end?

For me, he needs to concentrate on being the outside of a three centre halves in a lower premier league team and then who knows as he is still young for a center half.

PS anyone playing with Rodon is going to be exposed.......He is almost Jack Simpson
    Last edited by llan bluebird; 27-04-24 at 08:10. Reason: typo