+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Ethan Ampadu...

Re: Ethan Ampadu...

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    His defending for the 2nd wasn’t great either.

He possess terrific technical and passing ability but he’s a luxury player, which is not a great trait when you’re a defender / defensive midfielder.

3 relegations in 3 years at just 22 is not great to have on your CV.
    I think he has all the physical/technical attributes to do well in those positions, but he does need to improve in his positioning and cut out the rash moments. those things should come with experience, especially if he sticks to one role rather than flitting between midfield and defence

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think he has all the physical/technical attributes to do well in those positions, but he does need to improve in his positioning and cut out the rash moments. those things should come with experience, especially if he sticks to one role rather than flitting between midfield and defence
    I think he makes far too many mistakes to be the last line of defence and would use him as a DM.

I think he makes far too many mistakes to be the last line of defence and would use him as a DM.
    He swtiches off all the time. He's a DM. Him and Joe Rodon as a CB pairing would be absolutely hilarious.

He should screen a back 4, pick it up and give it to the full back or the playmaker next to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He swtiches off all the time. He's a DM. Him and Joe Rodon as a CB pairing would be absolutely hilarious.

He should screen a back 4, pick it up and give it to the full back or the playmaker next to him.
    All the time? I saw him comfortably control the Champions League final strikers Martinez, Dzeko & Lukaku back in March while playing at CCB. He's still young and consistency will come with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    All the time? I saw him comfortably control the Champions League final strikers Martinez, Dzeko & Lukaku back in March while playing at CCB. He's still young and consistency will come with experience.
    He's just made 3 pretty big howlers in a vital game. He switches off too often. He's does it often for Wales, too.

Inter had 28 shots in that game, and even though I think xG is nonsense, Inter had an xG of 3.49. He can't have defended that well

He's just made 3 pretty big howlers in a vital game. He switches off too often. He's does it often for Wales, too.

Inter had 28 shots in that game, and even though I think xG is nonsense, Inter had an xG of 3.49. He can't have defended that well
    FotMob Opta stats:

Ampadu 7.4
    Lukaku 6.9 (scored a penalty)
    Martinez 6.6
    Dzeko 6.0

In fairness, sometimes you need to look at things from someone else's perspective. Here's how WB looks at things....

heart glasses.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    In fairness, sometimes you need to look at things from someone else's perspective. Here's how WB looks at things....
    Why not just watch the game?

He's played 129 competitive games across three top divisions and on the International stage.

Why not get a sense of humour?

The Spezia v Hellas Verona play off game?

Sunday night he defended like he had the brain of a chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    The Spezia v Hellas Verona play off game?

Sunday night he defended like he had the brain of a chicken.
    With its head cut off

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's played 129 competitive games across three top divisions and on the International stage.
    Exactly. He might be young in years but he’s far from inexperienced. All this consistency will come with experience is an excuse. He’s a decent player but he’s no world beater and certainly not highe end of premier league standard.

If he's not signing for us then please STFU

I've watched him a lot this year and he's had plenty of good games (against good players too). He's 22 and he's already got 40 odd caps. I couldn't care less about his relegations, I'd rather he's out there playing football than wasting his time on the bench at Chelsea.

I sometimes think that this boards favourite pastime is to just pick holes in any young Welsh player that shows a modicum of ability.

I don't agree with the 'relegation bad for his CV' argument comment either. He's joined Sheff United, Venezia and Spezia, they mjst have been among the favourites for relegation. He will probably learn more from those experiences than finishing mid table.

He's still 22 which is young for his position. Some top CB's & DM's were relatively unheard of at that age,

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    I don't agree with the 'relegation bad for his CV' argument comment either. He's joined Sheff United, Venezia and Spezia, they mjst have been among the favourites for relegation. He will probably learn more from those experiences than finishing mid table.

He's still 22 which is young for his position. Some top CB's & DM's were relatively unheard of at that age,
    Like who?

Who are these top centre halfs and DMs who were not heard of at 22/23?

Like who?

Who are these top centre halfs and DMs who were not heard of at 22/23?
    at the same age Harry Maguire was on loan in the championship at Wigan, Virgil Van Dyke was playing in Holland and about to go and play in the SPL, Thaigo Silva was still playing in Brazil

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post

Spezia had been in Serie A for 3 seasons, relegated the year he joined them.

Same for Sheffield United.

Venezia two seasons in Serie A, relegated the year he joined them.

They may not have been the best clubs to join but that doesnt mean they were favourites for relegation either.

You also have to ask why are these clubs the best option when hes supposedly one of the "brightest young talents in Europe" or so WB keeps telling us.

at the same age Harry Maguire was on loan in the championship at Wigan, Virgil Van Dyke was playing in Holland and about to go and play in the SPL, Thaigo Silva was still playing in Brazil
    Harry Maguire

Spezia had been in Seria a for 3 season, releagted the year he joined them.

Same for Sheefield United.

They may not have been the best clubs to join but that doesnt mean they were favourites for relegation either.

You also have to ask why are these clubs the best option when hes supposedly one of the "brightest young talents in Europe" or so WB keeps telling us.
    I don't see him ever making it at a champions league level club, it could still happen but probably not.
    he will be a top division player though

Harry Maguire
    he's got like 50 England caps, a bunch of champions League performances, big money move.
    I'd be pretty pleased if Ampadu ends up having a career as good as he has.

Spezia had been in Serie A for 3 seasons, relegated the year he joined them.

Same for Sheffield United.

For f uck s sake, let’s hope he doesn’t come here

he's got like 50 England caps, a bunch of champions League performances, big money move.
    I'd be pretty pleased if Ampadu ends up having a career as good as he has.
    If Harry Maguire is a "Top" player there is still hope for me to make it in the pro game at 46.

From one of the brightest young talents in Europe to being pretty pleased to have as good a career as Harry Maguire is some climb down for poor Ethan.

If Harry Maguire is a "Top" player there is still hope for me to make it in the pro game at 46.

From one of the brightest young talents in Europe to being pretty pleased to have as good a career as Harry Maguire is some climb down for poor Ethan.
    No there isn't

You are too skinny

And can't tackle

Sorry