+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Ethan Ampadu...

Re: Ethan Ampadu...

Was our best player at the World Cup.

Scrap that.

Was our only semi-decent player at the World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Was our best player at the World Cup.

Scrap that.

Was our only semi-decent player at the World Cup.
    Indeed

Bale , Ramsey ........awol

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    If Harry Maguire is a "Top" player there is still hope for me to make it in the pro game at 46.

From one of the brightest young talents in Europe to being pretty pleased to have as good a career as Harry Maguire is some climb down for poor Ethan.
    I never said he was one of the brightest young talents in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I don't see him ever making it at a champions league level club, it could still happen but probably not.
    he will be a top division player though
    It'll be interesting where he plays next.

He would obviously benefit with a club who are not favourites to get relegated but he does need to eliminate the mistakes he regularly commits.

Hopeful for him (and Wales) if a club like Fiorentina or Bologna took a punt on him.

He is statistically if you believe in analytics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

He would obviously benefit with a club who are not favourites to get relegated but he does need to eliminate the mistakes he regularly commits.

Hopeful for him (and Wales) if a club like Fiorentina or Bologna took a punt on him.
    He joined both Spezia & Venezia on deadline day as Chelsea messed him around which can't have helped him

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    FFS

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He joined both Spezia & Venezia on deadline day as Chelsea messed him around which can't have helped him
    How do you know it was because Chelsea messed him around? Maybe there was not enough concrete interest from someone better to sign him? Maybe it was down to Ampadu and his agent waiting for something better to materialise and it didnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

I think thats about his level - mid range club in a foreign league. I think the Premier League is too intense for his style of play.

I know you didnt but the reason we get these counter threads on him is because Wales Bales has spent the last 5 years telling us that he is and that Ampadu is the second coming of Franz Beckenbaur.

Hes 23 in September and people are still talking about him like hes 17/18. If he truly was the next big thing in Europe for his position he would be playing Champions League by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I read quite a bit about football analytics and that's just not true

I read quite a bit about football analytics and that's just not true
    Sounded good though

How do you know it was because Chelsea messed him around? Maybe there was not enough concrete interest from someone better to sign him? Maybe it was down to Ampadu and his agent waiting for something better to materialise and it didnt.
    He was set to join Newcastle on loan early in the window, he was kept around and then off to Venezia on deadline day. He was kept around this summer as cover and was sent out on deadline day with a clutch of other players. Chelsea's "Loan farm" system seemed to be better planned than it is now and players are suffering as a result. It's not just Ampadu, look at someone like Harvey Vale, around their first team in 21/22, sent to Hull on deadline day this summer, played 2 games and back to Chelsea in January

Ampadu isn't the worldbeater WB says he is, but he's also better than the likes of Spezia & Venezia

He was set to join Newcastle on loan early in the window, he was kept around and then off to Venezia on deadline day. He was kept around this summer as cover and was sent out on deadline day with a clutch of other players. Chelsea's "Loan farm" system seemed to be better planned than it is now and players are suffering as a result. It's not just Ampadu, look at someone like Harvey Vale, around their first team in 21/22, sent to Hull on deadline day this summer, played 2 games and back to Chelsea in January

Ampadu isn't the worldbeater WB says he is, but he's also better than the likes of Spezia & Venezia
    Or can look at Ian Maatsen and Levi Colwill who have excelled on loan in recent seasons and Colwill has now been called up to the England seniors.

Connor Gallagher, Mason Mount, Trevor Chalobah have all broken through at Chelsea after a period on loan.

Surely if Ampadu was the world beater that WB insists he is he would have had a concrete loan to somewhere better, or been given the opportunity at Chelsea.

Or can look at Ian Maatsen and Levi Colwill who have excelled on loan in recent seasons and Colwill has now been called up to the England seniors.

Connor Gallagher, Mason Mount, Trevor Chalobah have all broken through at Chelsea after a period on loan.

Surely if Ampadu was the world beater that WB insists he is he would have had a concrete loan to somewhere better, or been given the opportunity at Chelsea.
    "Chelsea's "Loan farm" system seemed to be better planned than it is now", i.e. they used to be better at it. Also those players didn't join their clubs on deadline day. Ampadu's been messed around a bit for whatever reason, he's been in this limbo where he's been considered a decent cover option if they can't get their targets, leading to him scrambling for a move when they inevitably do. His big mistake has been not looking to force a move from Chelsea and stupidly signing a longer deal with them

"Chelsea's "Loan farm" system seemed to be better planned than it is now", i.e. they used to be better at it. Also those players didn't join their clubs on deadline day. Ampadu's been messed around a bit for whatever reason, he's been in this limbo where he's been considered a decent cover option if they can't get their targets, leading to him scrambling for a move when they inevitably do. His big mistake has been not looking to force a move from Chelsea and stupidly signing a longer deal with them
    Yep, he should have flown the nest, but I wouldn't say his time in Italy has been wasted, as he has played regularly while being under constant pressure from opposing teams. Not many players have to defend for 90 minutes week after week in a game of attackers v defenders

Connor Gallagher joined West Brom on loan in mid September. Just feels like youre making excuses for him. Its a season long loan, so what if he joined on deadline day.

At some point, especially after 4 years on loan, you cant keep blaming the loan system or quality of teams loaned to. If youre going to the top youll shine wherever you go on loan.

Is going somewhere like Huddersfield or Lorient any better than Spezia or Venezia?

Connor Gallagher joined West Brom on loan in mid September. Just feels like youre making excuses for him. Its a season long loan, so what if he joined on deadline day.

At some point, especially after 4 years on loan, you cant keep blaming the loan system or quality of teams loaned to. If youre going to the top youll shine wherever you go on loan.

Is going somewhere like Huddersfield or Lorient any better than Spezia or Venezia?
    That was the covid season though which messes with timings, he'd played for Swansea on July 29th. Ampadu joined Sheffield United about a week before and I wasn't moaning about that being an issue for him. Everything was odd then.

Professionals bang on about the importance of pre season, joining that late is hardly ideal especially if you don't know the language.

A loan to a decent side is better than a loan to a bad side

That was the covid season though which messes with timings, he'd played for Swansea on July 29th. Ampadu joined Sheffield United about a week before and I wasn't moaning about that being an issue for him. Everything was odd then.

Professionals bang on about the importance of pre season, joining that late is hardly ideal especially if you don't know the language.

A loan to a decent side is better than a loan to a bad side
    Are you Wales Bales in disguise? Are yoooo Wales Bales in disguise?

Yes pre-season is obviously important from a fitness point of view but he had plenty of game time with Chelsea last pre season i understand.

I'm bookmarking this thread

I know you didnt but the reason we get these counter threads on him is because Wales Bales has spent the last 5 years telling us that he is and that Ampadu is the second coming of Franz Beckenbaur.

Hes 23 in September and people are still talking about him like hes 17/18. If he truly was the next big thing in Europe for his position he would be playing Champions League by now.
    He has played Champions League, he had a great game in the knockouts for Leipzig against spurs:

https://www.90min.com/posts/6561017-...lsea-next-year

Granted it may be his only appearance due to injuries

I think he hasn't been handled well by Chelsea, which can be said for a lot of their players. I still think he'll go on to have a career at the top level.

I think thats about his level - mid range club in a foreign league. I think the Premier League is too intense for his style of play.
    He can obviously read the game as the amount of interceptions he's succeeded whilst playing for Spezia evidences.

I agree with you, he's not quick enough or dynamic enough to succeed in the Premier League.

He's like a poor man's Joe Allen.

*casts rod*

He's a very good player, but I don't think he does enough with the ball to play in midfield at the top level (champions league) and makes too many errors in defence to be a central defender at that level also. I think long term he will be a ball playing central defender at a mid table premier league side or other top european league. Which is still really good - wales need more players at that level.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    He has played Champions League, he had a great game in the knockouts for Leipzig against spurs:

https://www.90min.com/posts/6561017-...lsea-next-year

Granted it may be his only appearance due to injuries

I think he hasn't been handled well by Chelsea, which can be said for a lot of their players. I still think he'll go on to have a career at the top level.
    I think some decent teams will show some interest if he becomes available.

Another Welsh player viewed through the rose tinted specs. No doubt he's a player, he's at Chelsea and played in Serie A, where he ends up could be anywhere between Fulham and Plymouth.
    However, say he wasn't Welsh and he has the exact international record in N. Irelnad for example and we went to sign him....can you imagine this board