+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Ethan Ampadu...

Re: Ethan Ampadu...

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Another Welsh player viewed through the rose tinted specs. No doubt he's a player, he's at Chelsea and played in Serie A, where he ends up could be anywhere between Fulham and Plymouth.
    However, say he wasn't Welsh and he has the exact international record in N. Irelnad for example and we went to sign him....can you imagine this board
    The board would turn their nose up at a 42 time international who's played at a Euros and a World Cup, 2 seasons in Serie A and 1 in the Premier League before he turns 23?

You have seen the state of our squad right? People lauded the signing of Andy Rinomhota

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The board would turn their nose up at a 42 time international who's played at a Euros and a World Cup, 2 seasons in Serie A and 1 in the Premier League before he turns 23?

You have seen the state of our squad right? People lauded the signing of Andy Rinomhota
    If he wasn't Welsh he'd wouldn't be on the radar, he'd be as well known as Spezia, is all i'm saying. Good player, i'm just not sure where his level is and that his talent might be slightly overstated.

Sam Ricketts got over 50 caps for Wales, not always a barometer of success.

If he wasn't Welsh he'd wouldn't be on the radar, he'd be as well known as Spezia, is all i'm saying. Good player, i'm just not sure where his level is and that his talent might be slightly overstated.

Sam Ricketts got over 50 caps for Wales, not always a barometer of success.
    Sam Ricketts get over 50 caps for a Wales team that qualified for a European Championship and World Cup? Did he get them before he turned 23? Completely pointless comparison

Even if he wasn't well known, if Ampadu was Northern Irish with the pedigree he has then fans certainly wouldn't turn their noses up at him

Sam Ricketts get over 50 caps for a Wales team that qualified for a European Championship and World Cup? Did he get them before he turned 23? Completely pointless comparison

Even if he wasn't well known, if Ampadu was Northern Irish with the pedigree he has then fans certainly wouldn't turn their noses up at him
    You are Wales Bales and I claim my £5

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You are Wales Bales and I claim my £5
    Like you alluded too, this age shit is just lazy nonsense. Ampadu is now a fully developed pro, All of this 'He's Young' 'Will Develop' etc is off the mark in my opinion. What you see now isn't going to change a great deal in terms of ability, pace, positioning, intelligence, he's almost 23 and he developed early. Some players just do, And in football terms he isn't that young given his experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Like you alluded too, this age shit is just lazy nonsense. Ampadu is now a fully developed pro, All of this 'He's Young' 'Will Develop' etc is off the mark in my opinion. What you see now isn't going to change a great deal in terms of ability, pace, positioning, intelligence, he's almost 23 and he developed early. Some players just do, And in football terms he isn't that young given his experience.
    he absolutely could still improve significantly, or he could stay at the same level as he is now, some players do make the leap at his age, others have already peaked.
    unlikely that his pace or skill are going to improve much,but positioning, intelligence etc could I guess

You don't half talk some shit. At the age of 22 Virgil Van Dijk was playing in Scotland, and Thiago Silva was still in Brazil, with no top teams smashing theirs doors down. Not to mention Ake, DeBruyne and Salah were busy getting booted out of Chelsea at age 22/23.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You don't half talk some shit. At the age of 22 Virgil Van Dijk was playing in Scotland, and Thiago Silva was still in Brazil, with no top teams smashing theirs doors down. Not to mention Ake, DeBruyne and Salah were busy getting booted out of Chelsea at age 22/23.
    You haven't got a clue about football, seriously, you're a ****ing cliche.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    he absolutely could still improve significantly, or he could stay at the same level as he is now, some players do make the leap at his age, others have already peaked.
    unlikely that his pace or skill are going to improve much,but positioning, intelligence etc could I guess
    Ampadu has already come out on top against players like Lautaro Martinez and Rafael Leao, who are amonst the best players in Europe. If I were to be critical, I would say he needs to sort out his consistency, but playing with a bunch of dropouts every week doesn't help in that department. He definitely has the potential to improve and we need to see where he goes next. Playing with better players under a good manager can only benefit him, so I certainly wouldn't write him off just yet.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, Mr dressing room cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    How? What's going to happen? Some mysterious guru coach who can make him do the things that should come naturally, and then tweaked in terms of composure, concentration etc? In my opinion, coaching can bring only so much to a player. We have watched enough football to see that certain players, in fact lots of players, make the same mistakes time after time, and they work on it as well. They just can't get it for some reason, some players can't be taught certain aspects of a game because they don't have the ability to understand where they're going wrong, it's not their fault. I can't see Ampadu improving a great deal. He will always have it in him to switch off a lose concentration in my opinion, or put himself in poor positions. His thinking is his problem in my opinion, although he is naturally gifted.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, Mr dressing room cleaner
    You can do better than that.

You can do better than that.
    So don't call me a ****ing cliché when I am making serious observations and stating my own personal opinions

If he wasn't Welsh he'd wouldn't be on the radar…
    In fairness, he’s not Welsh. But he plays for Wales, so the point stands. If he’d elected to play for England or Ghana, very few people on this board would know of him or have any interest in him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    In fairness, he’s not Welsh. But he plays for Wales, so the point stands. If he’d elected to play for England or Ghana, very few people on this board would know of him or have any interest in him.
    Wannabee English

His Mum is Welsh and he obviously feels connected, and he is fully committed every time he plays for Wales.

That is true.

After the last world cup, this board led me to believe that Wales were perhaps the worst team in the history of the competition, if i was a player i'd be slowly distancing myself from anything to do with it, not sp(l)otlighting it.

Be interesting to see how it pans out, but I think his is a trajectory down not up, if you consider 3 top flight seasons, a world cup and a euro's, no topping that!

That is true.

After the last world cup, this board led me to believe that Wales were perhaps the worst team in the history of the competition, if i was a player i'd be slowly distancing myself from anything to do with it, not sp(l)otlighting it.

Be interesting to see how it pans out, but I think his is a trajectory down not up, if you consider 3 top flight seasons, a world cup and a euro's, no topping that!
    Many of the best players won't move to a club if they're not in the Champions League, so that seems to be the pinnacle of professional football.

Interestingly i just looked at his record in the major competition.

Euros
    Wales Switzerland 1 minute
    Wales Turkey 15 minutes
    Wales Italy 55 minutes!! Straight red

World cup
    Wales USA full game
    Wales Iran 77 minutes
    Wales England 90 minutes

I could argue the case that the more he plays, the worse wales are

I like the guy, wish him well, looking forward to him and Joe Morrell bossing the midfield these next games and Germany in the summer all fingers crossed....but, he's not the messiah, he's a very lucky boy.

His Mum is Welsh and he obviously feels connected, and he is fully committed every time he plays for Wales.
    Indeed. But he’s not Welsh.

Had Ampadu elected to play for the country he was born and raised in (which also happens to be the country of his father’s birth), his international experience would have amounted to a few under-21 appearances at best.

Had he chosen that particular route, I wonder how his future prospects would be viewed by those who are currently championing him?

Chelsea will be looking to clear out a lot of players.

Im sure top end Championship clubs and bottom end PL could afford him. Will they though? Is Ampadu the sort of player to significantly improve your promotion or safety chances. Id say no.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Chelsea will be looking to clear out a lot of players.

Im sure top end Championship clubs and bottom end PL could afford him. Will they though? Is Ampadu the sort of player to significantly improve your promotion or safety chances. Id say no.
    I think he needs to settle at a club where he has a realistic chance of playing every week and he needs to settle on a position.

Apparently, he signed a new three-year deal with Chelsea in the summer of 2021 before going on loan to Venezia. He really should move on this summer, but the chances are he’ll end up somewhere on loan again.

I think he needs to settle at a club where he has a realistic chance of playing every week and he needs to settle on a position.

Apparently, he signed a new three-year deal with Chelsea in the summer of 2021 before going on loan to Venezia. He really should move on this summer, but the chances are he’ll end up somewhere on loan again.
    If hes done as well as Wales-Bales says then Italy is likely id say.

Wasnt he had Sheff Utd previously? Maybe they will be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    If hes done as well as Wales-Bales says then Italy is likely id say.

Wasnt he had Sheff Utd previously? Maybe they will be interested.
    Hes only 23 in September im sure Real Madrid will come knocking in 2025 once he has ths massive leap in ability because he is 2 years older.

Correct.