+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Ethan Ampadu...

Re: Ethan Ampadu...

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Indeed. But he’s not Welsh.

Had Ampadu elected to play for the country he was born and raised in (which also happens to be the country of his father’s birth), his international experience would have amounted to a few under-21 appearances at best.

Had he chosen that particular route, I wonder how his future prospects would be viewed by those who are currently championing him?
    He's as Welsh as John Barnes is English

In fact he's more Welsh than John Barnes is English who wasn't born anywhere near the UK

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    He's as Welsh as John Barnes is English

In fact he's more Welsh than John Barnes is English who wasn't born anywhere near the UK
    Whats that got to do with the point he made?

Stick to the fishing and ranting about the weather threads, Sludge. You havent got the first clue about football.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Chelsea will be looking to clear out a lot of players.

Im sure top end Championship clubs and bottom end PL could afford him. Will they though? Is Ampadu the sort of player to significantly improve your promotion or safety chances. Id say no.
    It takes more than one player to improve a team if the other 10 are below par.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    If hes done as well as Wales-Bales says then Italy is likely id say.

Wasnt he had Sheff Utd previously? Maybe they will be interested.
    I'm not saying he is a world beater, just sharing the observation that he has come out on top against some very good players, so he is not the doofus that certain people are making him out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I'm not saying he is a world beater.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You are Wales Bales and I claim my £5
    Because I rate Ampadu? It's probably the only thing WB and I agree on and even I think he overrates him

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Because I rate Ampadu? It's probably the only thing WB and I agree on and even I think he overrates him
    Some of the biggest names in football weren't where he is at 22, and I think his next move will be crucial, so I am reserving judgment until we see a bit more of him in a team that has some decent players. If he flops after that, I will be the first one to call him out!

Some of the biggest names in football weren't where he is at 22, and I think his next move will be crucial, so I am reserving judgment until we see a bit more of him in a team that has some decent players. If he flops after that, I will be the first one to call him out!
    Do you mean you are reserving judgement until you see more of him in a team that has better players to cover his mistakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Do you mean you are reserving judgement until you see more of him in a team that has better players to cover his mistakes?
    No.

When ingurlund won the World Cup in 1966, Alf Ramsey said something like “Martin Peters is 10 years ahead of his time”, meaning that, he (Martin) could see a pass, but his fellow players didn’t have the nous to make the run.

I see Ethan a bit like that, wanting to make the pass but nobody seeing the space.

Obviously, others might say, “no, it’s a shit pass”

It’s all about opinions

At the time, Martin was 23

Whats that got to do with the point he made?

Stick to the fishing and ranting about the weather threads, Sludge. You havent got the first clue about football.
    Nothing to do with you nobber

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    When ingurlund won the World Cup in 1966, Alf Ramsey said something like “Martin Peters is 10 years ahead of his time”, meaning that, he (Martin) could see a pass, but his fellow players didn’t have the nous to make the run.

I see Ethan a bit like that, wanting to make the pass but nobody seeing the space.

It’s all about opinions

He's a good player

Not good enough for the armchair analysts on here

But feck em

It’s all about opinions

Ampadu likes to fire off an early pass with some pace on the ball, but I could see a lot of the Spezia players were more focussed on trying to control the ball instead of thinking 2 or 3 moves ahead. The better teams spend months on these things, doing daily drills until they get it right, but you need the right type of players to begin with.

Not another ****ing cliché

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    How? What's going to happen? Some mysterious guru coach who can make him do the things that should come naturally, and then tweaked in terms of composure, concentration etc? In my opinion, coaching can bring only so much to a player. We have watched enough football to see that certain players, in fact lots of players, make the same mistakes time after time, and they work on it as well. They just can't get it for some reason, some players can't be taught certain aspects of a game because they don't have the ability to understand where they're going wrong, it's not their fault. I can't see Ampadu improving a great deal. He will always have it in him to switch off a loose concentration in my opinion, or put himself in poor positions. His thinking is his problem in my opinion, although he is naturally gifted.
    I don’t believe that he is a world beater nor that Man City would be interested in him…
    But could we agree that Pep might be able to improve him?

Ampadu likes to fire off an early pass with some pace on the ball, but I could see a lot of the Spezia players were more focussed on trying to control the ball instead of thinking 2 or 3 moves ahead. The better teams spend months on these things, doing daily drills until they get it right, but you need the right type of players to begin with.

Perhaps Spezia should give you a call so you can show their coaches where they are going wrong.

He's gonna run the show tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    He's gonna run the show tonight!
    hope he does

It’s all about opinions

Yeah, but you are more like Alf Garnett than Alf Ramsey.

Perhaps Spezia should give you a call so you can show their coaches where they are going wrong.
    No problem butt, if you can get a consortium together and raise €200m, I will guarantee you a Top 10 finish

He’s poor tonight so far

wont be long until we are back in the 150 rankings

I suggested in this thread, Ampadu could do OK at some mid table club in a top division in a country that wasn't as intensive or quick as the Premier League.

Can I retract that suggestion please?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I suggested in this thread, Ampadu could do OK at some mid table club in a top division in a country that wasn't as intensive or quick as the Premier League.

Can I retract that suggestion please?
    But it’s everyonelse around him dragging him down mun.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Not good enough for the armchair analysts on here
    Guess who was analysing last night’s game from his armchair?

Hypocritical fool.