+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Ethan Ampadu...

Re: Ethan Ampadu...

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Bit of a push to describe Ethan as part of Chelseas 1st team squad mind.
    It is indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'd take him. Not going to happen though.
    Be slightly more gentle with me.

Bit of a push to describe Ethan as part of Chelseas 1st team squad mind.
    Is he going on tour to America with the rest of the first team squad? I thought he was going to Italy, which would be much better for his development if he could get into one of the teams who are challenging, instead of fighting relegation every year in a team full of journeymen.

Rambo’s on the phone

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Is he going on tour to America with the rest of the first team squad? I thought he was going to Italy, which would be much better for his development if he could get into one of the teams who are challenging, instead of fighting relegation every year in a team full of journeymen.
    Better clubs would come in for him if he was a better player. Can't blame the players around him all the time, he's at the level ge deserves to be, and that's not a criticism of him as a player or his character, it's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Better clubs would come in for him if he was a better player. Can't blame the players around him all the time, he's at the level ge deserves to be, and that's not a criticism of him as a player or his character, it's a fact.
    He always goes on loan at the last minute due to Chelsea keeping him around as a contingency plan, and then he ends up with a less than ideal club. I would say it is manager specific too. Conte liked him, lets see what Poch thinks? I personally hope he leaves though, and makes a fresh start elsewhere.

He always goes on loan at the last minute due to Chelsea keeping him around as a contingency plan, and then he ends up with a less than idea loan. I would say it is manager specific too. Conte liked him, lets see what Potch thinks?
    Ok, i'll take that, it's a fair point, although ampadu should have forced a move a while back, got to ask questions why he hasn't. The next club is a biggy for him. I'd like to see him with us, although not going to happen.

His greatest asset and his greatest weakness is the fact he can play in a number of positions

The cash rich big clubs don't tend to have utility players in their squads these days ?

I think that's maybe why he's not in the top flight

And therefore its not down to lack of ability

He would boss games at our level

He always goes on loan at the last minute due to Chelsea keeping him around as a contingency plan, and then he ends up with a less than ideal club. I would say it is manager specific too. Conte liked him, lets see what Poch thinks? I personally hope he leaves though, and makes a fresh start elsewhere.
    Or he goes out on loan because nobody wants to buy him and thats Chelseas preferred option.

I dont think a big fee will be needed for him to leave this summer. He will have been watched by scouts last season. If hes been that good bids will come in.

Or he goes out on loan because nobody wants to buy him and thats Chelseas preferred option.

I dont think a big fee will be needed for him to leave this summer. He will have been watched by scouts last season. If hes been that good bids will come in.
    He's already in the final year of his contract, so I'm not sure how it will work out. I can't see him agreeing a new deal to go on loan again, or if has to sit on the bench at Chelsea? I think selling him now would be in the best interests of both parties, unless his performance in America turns a few heads, and then it's back to the drawing board.

No takers so far at a reported 12m which you would think was a steal considering WB says hes a better player than Kiwior - his defensive partner at Spezia last season - who went to Arseanl for 21m in January.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    No takers so far at a reported 12m which you would think was a steal considering WB says hes a better player than Kiwior - his defensive partner at Spezia last season - who went to Arseanl for 21m in January.
    I assume he's going to the US with the 1st team squad, so I'm guessing he want's to see how that works out first, and I'm pretty sure his agent will be talking to other clubs as well. He's actually in a good position at the moment.

Leeds bid for Chelsea defender Ethan Ampadu amid Premier League interest

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-b1094746.html

Out of interest what defines a journeyman player for this discussion?

If 3 different relegations with 3 different teams in 3 successive seasons is down to playing with "journeymen"

similar trajectory to Harry Wilson in that he's clearly got some talent but it was never going to be enough to force their way into the likes of Chelsea or Liverpool, so then it's about trying to get as much return on that investment as possible. I think he will longer term end up at a lower premier League side

If 3 different relegations with 3 different teams in 3 successive seasons is down to playing with "journeymen"

I would say that he must have run over about 6 black cats and walked under numerous ladders, to have a CV like that

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    similar trajectory to Harry Wilson in that he's clearly got some talent but it was never going to be enough to force their way into the likes of Chelsea or Liverpool, so then it's about trying to get as much return on that investment as possible. I think he will longer term end up at a lower premier League side
    Dissapointing if he ends up in the Championship, albeit Leeds are a big club, especially as there was talk of him joining an Italian club who would be competing in the Champions League. Maybe the Leeds bid will force other clubs to get their finger out.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Dissapointing if he ends up in the Championship, albeit Leeds are a big club, especially as there was talk of him joining an Italian club who would be competing in the Champions League. Maybe the Leeds bid will force other clubs to get their finger out.
    Looks like it is pretty advanced.

I had a dream 3 nights ago that he was playing in all white. I thought it was Real Madrid.

I had a dream 3 nights ago that he was playing in all white. I thought it was Real Madrid.
    No doubt a wet dream if Ampadu was involved

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Looks like it is pretty advanced.
    I can actually see it happening, he's big mates with Tyler Adams.

International

Leeds bid for Chelsea defender Ethan Ampadu amid Premier League interest

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...-b1094746.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...an-Ampadu.html

I can actually see it happening, he's big mates with Tyler Adams.
    Who might not be there in a week

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Who might not be there in a week
    I think he said he want's to stay. Nat Philips may be joining too. It's a shame really, as he could have gone back to Italy, and I heard AC Milan were one of the teams that were interested.

I think he said he want's to stay. Nat Philips may be joining too. It's a shame really, as he could have gone back to Italy, and I heard AC Milan were one of the teams that were interested.
    Not seen anywhere AC Milan were interested. Whose your source, Maldini?