+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Ethan Ampadu...

Re: Ethan Ampadu...

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    similar trajectory to Harry Wilson in that he's clearly got some talent but it was never going to be enough to force their way into the likes of Chelsea or Liverpool, so then it's about trying to get as much return on that investment as possible. I think he will longer term end up at a lower premier League side
    I agree. I've always thought him to be a bit of a liability whenever he's playing for Wales, and I'm not convinced he's good enough to play at the very top level.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Not seen anywhere AC Milan were interested. Whose your source, Maldini?
    See my post on 21-06 which was 2 days before any media reports.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I agree. I've always thought him to be a bit of a liability whenever he's playing for Wales, and I'm not convinced he's good enough to play at the very top level.
    he has a clanger in him, but I think he will get more consistency with experience and sticking to one position will probably help

7m plus 3m in add ons. Heading to the championship to play against the likes of Plymouth and Rotherham.

But he was linked with AC Milan.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    He’s not, hence 3 top flight relegations in 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    7m plus 3m in add ons. Heading to the championship to play against the likes of Plymouth and Rotherham.

But he was linked with AC Milan.
    Media reported interest from Italy, Spain & EPL on 23/06. There are many reasons why he may have wanted to come back to the UK. Off the top of my head, and in no particular order - language, family, wife, child, and specific to Leeds regular game time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    So the source was the Chelsea ITK account?

Sounds reliable.

So the source was the Chelsea ITK account?

Sounds reliable.
    Well it was considering they beat the press to it.

or the press just copied what the itk account had made up

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    or the press just copied what the itk account had made up
    FFS, just get over it, you lot are like a dog with a bone! He's made a choice that he thinks is best for him and his young family, and he is still Wales most important player and future captain. If Leeds go straight back up it will have been a savvy move for him, especially if game time was a major consideration.

Did they mention Leeds before yesterday or just use the term Championship club?

Genuine question, not trying to dig you out.

I don't think you need to be an ITK football expert to predict where Ampadu might've ended up.

My money was on a club like Fiorentina being interested.

I watched Ampadu play against AC Milan last season and he had a decent game against them. For every good game he has though he's prone to a display like his last match for Spezia.

Did they mention Leeds before yesterday or just use the term Championship club.
    He's made a choice that he thinks is the best for him at this moment in time, and it's done and dusted.

Ampadu’s CV is beginning to look like someone who is probably too good for the Championship, but not good enough for the Premier League - think he can be in a season or two, but he needs this move to be a success.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ampadu’s CV is beginning to look like someone who is probably too good for the Championship, but not good enough for the Premier League - think he can be in a season or two, but he needs this move to be a success.
    Any move away from Chelsea was probably a good move for him, this may be seen as disappointing as it's not to a top flight club, but I imagine young Ethan fancies a break from relegation battles

I rate Ampadu, to the point of being accused of being Mr Wales-Bales at one point, but has ever really kicked on from his Wales debut? He looked like a potential world beater that night

Some people are overthinking this.

WC.jpg

Good move for him. Leeds will be challenging, and it's about his level at the moment.

FFS, just get over it, you lot are like a dog with a bone! He's made a choice that he thinks is best for him and his young family, and he is still Wales most important player and future captain. If Leeds go straight back up it will have been a savvy move for him, especially if game time was a major consideration.
    I’d argue Brennan Johnson who is the subject of 30m bids being turned down and still plying his trade in the Premier League is Wales most important player of this next gen.

Some people are overthinking this.

WC.jpg

Tyler Adams is unlikely to be there at the end of the window

Look at me, look at me! 2 days before!

Did they mention Leeds before yesterday or just use the term Championship club?

Genuine question, not trying to dig you out.

I don't think you need to be an ITK football expert to predict where Ampadu might've ended up.

My money was on a club like Fiorentina being interested.

I watched Ampadu play against AC Milan last season and he had a decent game against them. For every good game he has thought he's prone to a display like his last match for Spezia.
    He had the odd good game against the top teams and players in Serie A in the same way Darcy Blake did against Wayne Rooney once upon a time.

WB even up until this morning would have you believe Ampadu was one of the most sought after young talents in Europe. Reckons he is better than his Spezia teammate Kiwor who Arsenal signed in January for 3 times the amount Ampadu.

Guy hasn’t got a fecking clue.

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Out of interest what defines a journeyman player for this discussion?

If 3 different relegations with 3 different teams in 3 successive seasons is down to playing with "journeymen"
    Your didn't answer my question

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Guy hasn’t got a fecking clue.
    Says the bloke who goes around libelling professional football players on club message boards.

He's made a choice that he thinks is the best for him at this moment in time, and it's done and dusted.
    Ampadu signing for Leeds is slightly disappointing and I’ll say underwhelming if he did have a chance of going to AC Milan?

Milan derby at the San Siro or Leeds v Sheffield Wednesday?

Test himself against the best in Serie A such as Inter, Napoli, Juventus, Roma or Swansea, Ipswich and City? It could be Leeds offered more money I suppose?

Ampadu signing for Leeds is slightly disappointing and I’ll say underwhelming if he did have a chance of going to AC Milan?

Test himself against the best in Serie A such as Inter, Napoli, Juventus, Roma or Swansea, Ipswich and City? It could be Leeds offered more money I suppose?
    or more game time - first choice at Leeds or on the bench at Milan.
    or the Milan link might not have been real

It does seem a bit underwhelming, but on the positive side he potentially gets to play 46 games with a good chance of being in the PL league next season. Him and Tyler Adams will be quite a formidable partnership in the double-pivot position if he stays. First game against CCFC?